Syracuse 5th most popular team in New York | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse 5th most popular team in New York

funny, that order...has been unscientifically called here for years.

i couldve just texted that over to Siena and saved them a few dimes in phone calls.

Oh Lord

So we're 7th among registered Dems and bleeding heart liberals. I wonder who outranked us on their ballots? ;)

I can't believe no one mentioned that part of the analysis yet, especially with the crowd we have here. ;)

i'd rather see a study that weighted people's favorite teams. can get screwy results. hypothetical if everyone likes the yankees more than the rangers but more people like the rangers than syracuse, syracuse is in 2nd even though more people like the rangers

Wow more popular then the Bills!

I honestly find it hard to believe from a demographics standpoint. The Buffalo metro area has about 1.2 million people compared to around 600K in Syracuse. And then you have Rochester (another million people) who traditionally align themselves with Buffalo sports.

Wow more popular then the Bills!
I don't think this says that. It just says that SU is the favorite team for more people in this study, even though nearly every SU fan is going to also root for the Yankees/Mets, Bills/Giants/Jets, etc...

Reading that whole article, they talk about MMA being opposed by those who aren't sports fans. If you aren't a fan of something why vote on it? Why not leave it blank?

i'd rather see a study that weighted people's favorite teams. can get screwy results. hypothetical if everyone likes the yankees more than the rangers but more people like the rangers than syracuse, syracuse is in 2nd even though more people like the rangers
nerd