Syracuse basketball's Elite Camp welcomes prospects this weekend | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse basketball's Elite Camp welcomes prospects this weekend

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Syracuse basketball's Elite Camp welcomes prospects this weekend

Joey Wallace

628x471.jpg

Immaculate High School sophomore Joey Wallace working on shots at a boys varsity basketball practice. Monday, Dec. 10, 2012 Photo: Scott Mullin

Sophomore guard Joey Wallace led Immaculate with 20 points -- including nine straight in the first three-and-a-half minutes of the pivotal third quarter. Wallace was named to the All-Tournament team, totaling 49 points in the two games.

"He's a kid who players all year round, and there's a difference," Mingachos said. "He's just phenomenal. He's a great kid, he's a great basketball player, and having him only as a sophomore, it's great to have him for the next couple years."
Link

Jimbo Lull

i-wCwqtNS-L.jpg

02-28-2012--(LANG Staff Photo by Sean Hiller)- Jimbo Lull (54) celebrates after Rolling Hills Prep beat Shalhevet 50-36 in Thursday's boys basketball CIF SS Div. 5-A title game at the Anaheim Convention Center Arena in Anaheim.

ESPN profile

Jalen Brunson

BBKlakef-CST-121912_07_medium.jpg

Brunson pours in 35 in Stevenson win

Elijah Burns

628x471.jpg

La Salle's Elijah Burns Heading to Blair Academy

Moustapha Diagne

Moustapha Diagne, Pope John XXIII collect 3,000 pairs of shoes headed for Senegal

Howard Washington video

No Whitehead or Goodluck.

Re: Jalen Brunson--his father was a Temple PG / journeyman NBA player, but he's from Syracuse [played pop warner football with him when we were kids].

Interesting that his kid is up here for camp--they must have some Syracuse roots, given that his dad lived here.

Re: Jalen Brunson--his father was a Temple PG / journeyman NBA player, but he's from Syracuse [played pop warner football with him when we were kids].

Interesting that his kid is up here for camp--they must have some Syracuse roots, given that his dad lived here.
Malik Ellison, son of Pervis is coming to the elite camp as well. Would be nice if Stevie Jr came along also.

Where is Whitehead going?? Up to Cuse??

Anyone want to explain what is said?

NYCHoops.net@NYCHoops 3h
Whitehead to take surprise local visit: One of the top guards in the nation is Isaiah Whitehead. The senior at... http://bit.ly/1dywAlS
Retweeted by Isaiah Whitehead
Expand

This kid is going to run himself out of options. Indiana, Minnesota, and UCLA have offered every highly touted guard in the country - if some of those dominos fall, he may end up at Seton Hall.

His coach said IW will visit Seton Hall. What??? He has about as much chance of playing for Seton Hall as I do.

This kid is going to run himself out of options. Indiana, Minnesota, and UCLA have offered every highly touted guard in the country - if some of those dominos fall, he may end up at Seton Hall.

If he is seriously considering SH, he may as well as commit to Cuse. If he's good enough he will start here, there is no reason for him to be scared. It very well could just be that he is waiting for a UK offer. He said he wanted to commit before his senior season started. If the dominos start falling, with Robert Johnson to IU or Blackman to IU, UK, UL, MSU(I think). The dominos start falling and this will get interesting UCLA has offered Blackman, Vaughn, Wright, Kell, and a slew of PGs as well. Minny has offered Vaughn, Macura, and again a bunch of PGs. We all know IU has offers out too. IW could start anywhere, I know he is doing his due diligence in his recruitment but still...cmon

His coach said IW will visit Seton Hall. What??? He has about as much chance of playing for Seton Hall as I do.
NY's basketball team is having there elite camp this weekend and the best prospect in the state is visiting Seton Hall.mindblown.png
Tells all you need to know where things stand between the two.

Syracuse Basketball@syrbasketball
1m

SU was taking one guard this year. Joseph committed first. @jeffreyirvine so is it SU then that has lost interest, not Whitehead?

And I'm sure the scenario was very clearly communicated to IW by the SU staff. IW had his chance and couldn't pull the trigger. While I doubt he sees KJ as an impediment to PT (IW's a volume scorer and would probably play 2-guard), I'm not sure there is a window open at this point even if he changed his mind. Might as well chill with the Pirates.

And I'm sure the scenario was very clearly communicated to IW by the SU staff. IW had his chance and couldn't pull the trigger. While I doubt he sees KJ as an impediment to PT (IW's a volume scorer and would probably play 2-guard), I'm not sure there is a window open at this point even if he changed his mind. Might as well chill with the Pirates.
Ricky Ledo, redux?