Syracuse brings the eyeballs | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse brings the eyeballs

still prime time for everyone central and west though

East coast rules the media. You know that. There's always an east coast bias. If there wasn't, why would Oregon St. be playing at 11:40 Pacific time on Saturday when many of their fans are just waking up?

look at the 4 games and figure out who has any brand name following.

Cuse be like:
2F8A97DE-5BE3-4D75-98E1-99C2C8130AEB.jpeg

Syracuse vs West Virginia was the most viewed game of the opening weekend with nearly 7.85 million viewers. Wisconsin vs Baylor #2 with 7.7 million.

SKEDBALL: Weekly Sports TV Ratings 3.15-3.21.2021 | Showbuzz Daily
This is one of many reasons why the Syracuse program, beyond Boeheim, is set up for success for the next guy. The fanbase is more rabid and the national brand is stronger than most schools outside of the blue bloods and a few of the Big10 programs. Still have to make a good hire of course!

Time period and network always has a big impact. However, I've mentioned here for years that Syracuse is a top 10 college hoops brand nationally, and has been for a long time. We're a big deal.
Yes.

Also, when you think about it, a big part of college basketball marketing focuses on college head coaches. So many star come and go so far, the big name coaches are a constant the networks can rely on...people virtually every college basketball fan knows.

But Calipari, Coach K and Roy Williams are gone. The only big name coach left in the tournament is James Arthur Boeheim.

Also, I think the networks love it when there is a star player in the tournament whose head coach also happens to be his father.

At this point, Buddy has captured the attention of the nation. I think he has been the most outstanding player in the tournament so far and with his father such a huge name in college basketball, this is a big national story.

I see Syracuse getting a lot of ink from a wide range of media right now. This team is a huge story media want to talk and write about (and people want to see play).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom