Syracuse-Elon TV/Radio info, tip-off time [ESPN3 / 7:00] | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse-Elon TV/Radio info, tip-off time [ESPN3 / 7:00]

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
The Syracuse basketball team will host Elon on Saturday at the Carrier Dome.

The game is scheduled to tip-off at 7 p.m. The game will be broadcast online at ESPN3 and through the cable network's Watch ESPN app.

The game is also available through ESPN College Extra on certain cable networks and satellite providers depending on your subscription package. Below are the channel numbers in the Syracuse area:

• Time Warner: Channel 392 with the TWC sports pass package
  • Verizon Fios: Channel 321 with the ultimate HD package.
  • DirecTV: Channels 788 with the DirecTV sports pack
The game will also be available on the radio through both the Syracuse IMG Radio Network and on radio station WAER. The IMG broadcast can be heard on 99.5 FM in Syracuse and 105.5 FM in Fulton/Oswego. WAER can be heard on 88.3 FM.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebaske...tv_time_streaming_info.html#incart_river_home

Last edited:
terrific ... can't wait to invite a bunch of friends over so we can all crowd in front of the 26" computer screen in my office for an exciting SD "broadcast" with 20 technical glitches per half.

time to address this BS in the next ACC/ESPN contract.

terrific ... can't wait to invite a bunch of friends over so we can all crowd in front of my 27" computer screen for an exciting SD "broadcast" with 20 technical glitches per half.

It won't make you feel any better, but when I lived in Georgia in the late 80s and 90s, the local CBS affiliate used to pre-empt basketball almost every single Saturday to show In the Heat of the Night reruns - I kid you not. I can't tell you how many Syracuse games I missed over those 11 years because of that nonsense. So I'm in the position where I try not to complain too much if it's not in HD or I have to watch on the computer. But I really do totally understand your frustration.

It won't make you feel any better, but when I lived in Georgia in the late 80s and 90s, the local CBS affiliate used to pre-empt basketball almost every single Saturday to show In the Heat of the Night reruns - I kid you not. I can't tell you how many Syracuse games I missed over those 11 years because of that nonsense. So I'm in the position where I try not to complain too much if it's not in HD or I have to watch on the computer. But I really do totally understand your frustration.
I would go absolutely 8pch*t. Nothing upsets me more than ppl messing with my cuse games. This online garbage has got to stop. Terrible.

I would go absolutely 8pch*t. Nothing upsets me more than ppl messing with my cuse games. This online garbage has got to stop.

I did email the station general manager one time to let some steam off. As mad as I was, I'm glad I didn't write something to get myself arrested- and no it didn't do any good.

I did email the station general manager one time to let some steam off. As mad as I was, I'm glad I didn't write something to get myself arrested- and no it didn't do any good.
I feel your pain. In Rochester earlier this week, SU fans had the pleasure of having the Bonnies game "blacked out" because of a corporate power struggle. I turned on the channel carrying the game, 393 (which I pay extra for), and the screen was blank. After spending most of the first half on hold with TW, it seems that ESPN, knowing that MSG/FOX didn't have any channel room on the night of the Bonnies game, sold the rights to MSG anyway, which promptly shuffled the game off to a station that isn't widely carried in upstate NY (MSGPlus2). This was, of course, no accident. FOX wants TW to carry MSGPlus2 here, so they were more than happy to "blackout" the game in the prime viewing area, in order to upset as many SU fans as possible so that they would call TW and complain.

Mission Accomplished.

Something similarly nefarious is going on with ESPN3. I'm sure most exc's at ESPN realize, while they're not leg-humping the wildcats, that the vast majority of viewers not-20-something absolutely hate online broadcasts. And for good reason. The internet is not even close to being comparable to a conventional TV. "Streaming" the game is ok if you're using your cell phone on a bicycle trip. If you're at home, you have to sit in front of your tiny computer screen, or try using the computer features of your smart TV. I attempted the latter option during the Bonnies game, with REPEATED problems. There was no audio for the entire game, so we had to leave the computer on in another room to hear the announcers. Then, the signal started fluxuating, with a message warning us that the bandwidth wasn't sufficient (despite our expensive internet package). After that, the "broadcast" stalled a number of times. The resolution was poor for most of the second half that we caught. Overall, from a viewing standpoint, the experience sucked.

So why does the ACC allow ESPN to get away with this, contractually? I have no idea. There is a 3d tier rights system in the conference contract, so that regional carriers can buy the games ESPN doesn't broadcast nationally (this may be through Raycom, not sure). Either way, it's clear to me that the definition of "national broadcast" should NOT include ESPN3. It's not a viable medium. Therefore, if ESPN isn't willing to broadcast the game over a television channel, they should be required to sell the rights on the 3d tier market to someone that can. And if the 3d tier rights are purchased by a regional carrier, that carrier should promise to air the game on a channel available in the prime viewing area. It doesn't do SU fans in upstate NY any good for MSG/FOX to buy the rights if they're going to stuff the broadcast down a toilet.

So yes ... we're in the middle of a giant media cess pool as SU fans.

Last edited:
terrific ... can't wait to invite a bunch of friends over so we can all crowd in front of the 26" computer screen in my office for an exciting SD "broadcast" with 20 technical glitches per half.

The brand-new Apple TV device has delivered an amazing picture quality for me the couple of times I've used it to watch SU hoops so far this season on a 60" screen with 1080p. Mind you, both of those have been rewatches, not live streaming.

It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

I use my Roku to stream ESPN3 on my big screen tv and had no problems with the Lehigh game. I got it just for SU BBall.

Connect your computer to the TV set. It's not that hard, dude.

The internet is not even close to being comparable to a conventional TV. "Streaming" the game is ok if you're using your cell phone on a bicycle trip.

You need a faster Internet connection. I watch Internet only games in high def on a 47" TV and have no lag time, no losses of signal. Maybe with a 60" TV you've got more pixels, or if you only have 20-30 MB connections and not 50-75 MB, then I could see your complaint. The faster Internet is usually in $10/month increments. You should look into upgrading.

Never had a problem with ESPN3 with an HDMI cable to my 36". Great picture with no lag.

I use my Roku to stream ESPN3 on my big screen tv and had no problems with the Lehigh game. I got it just for SU BBall.
Gonzo, can you tell me how you do that? I am Ignorant.

The Roku is a streaming device like Apple TV which will do the same thing for you. I bought mine on Amazon. One of the streaming channels is Watch ESPN and that's where they do the ESPN3 streams. It had a few glitches tonight, but, since I have the Roku3, I get the HD stream. You do have to be a cable subscriber as far as I know. It hooks up to my TV with a HDMI cable.

The Roku is a streaming device like Apple TV which will do the same thing for you. I bought mine on Amazon. One of the streaming channels is Watch ESPN and that's where they do the ESPN3 streams. It had a few glitches tonight, but, since I have the Roku3, I get the HD stream. You do have to be a cable subscriber as far as I know. It hooks up to my TV with a HDMI cable.
Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom