Class of 2015 - Syracuse has a 247sports site | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Syracuse has a 247sports site

Doctor44

2nd String
We now have a full site up on 247 sports. I think this is the best overall recruiting service website for those of us who follow it closely. The guys at Scouts do a good job too, but overall I think this is a better site. I've been waiting for this for a while

syracuse.24/7sports.com (delete backslash)

What's funny is the guys that run that site are the same ones that ran one of the sites everyone hates.

What's funny is the guys that run that site are the same ones that ran one of the sites everyone hates.

ya but Shurburtt is no where near as bad as Mike Farrell.

also Rivalz and 2 4 7 use different criteria for grading kids

Last edited:
rrlbees said:

I like how they average out the rankings from all of the sites. Their class calculator is a time vampire.

So, is a scrip worth it? And what's the difference between VIP service and the monthly "non-VIP" rate?

rrlbees said:

If that's true its genius make sites that cater to the powerhouses, get subscriptions, make a competitor site that caters more to other P5 teams tells them they are awesome too, pick up the remaining subscriptions. Devious but genius.

So, is a scrip worth it? And what's the difference between VIP service and the monthly "non-VIP" rate?

They may have a page, but I still don't think they have a publisher?

In my opinion you get more insider info on this site than Scout and the forum is dead at Scout. It boils down to having the database of player bio's and film. Scout for some reason has very little basketball recruiting news? I like Mike but unless you can rank players and have big subscribers numbers you have very little power over getting SU commits rated. Not worth the price for just bio's and film at least to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion you get more insider info on this site than Scout and the forum is dead at Scout. It boils down to having the database of player bio's and film. Scout for some reason has very little basketball recruiting news? I like Mike but unless you can rank players and have big subscribers numbers you have very little power over getting SU commits rated. Not worth the price for just bio's and film at least to me.

People always ask for basketball recruiting news, but our classes are basically filled up until 2016. And even then we know who the top recruit is, Tyus Battle. There isn't much news, because just that. There isn't news.

Up to #27 on the 2015 rankings. Not that it matters that much but 247 is the most respected recruiting service by Tennessee fans and Nashville in general. I like it for the crystal ball predictions and obviously them having our class about 20 spots better than the other sites.

When I use sites for work now, I almost exclusively go for 247's composite rankings. Also, I think their layout, with the timeline and everything, looks the best. The new S'cout look is awful.

Scout is probably the worst football recruiting site now, excepting ESPN which is all over the map with rankings. Rivals is still the best, followed by 247.

Scout is probably the worst football recruiting site now, excepting ESPN which is all over the map with rankings. Rivals is still the best, followed by 247.

For national recruiting news Rivalz is second to none. Skout by far has the best Cuse coverage and it isn't even close. Their new layout is pretty bad though. It actually seems like they wanted to make it harder to navigate the site. ESPN if your not in the top 300, or have a team site the coverage isn't that good. I am quickly changing my opinion on 247. They have a good layout, some decent national coverage, and a lot of different features that the other sites don't have.

Rivals is total garbage for Syracuse news.

People always ask for basketball recruiting news, but our classes are basically filled up until 2016. And even then we know who the top recruit is, Tyus Battle. There isn't much news, because just that. There isn't news.
there is always news sometimes you actually have to create story ideas instead of waiting for stories to happen. Plus the site is not worth a $100 a year I can monitor twitter for free and get same info I WAS paying for.

Cuse13078 said:
there is always news sometimes you actually have to create story ideas instead of waiting for stories to happen. Plus the site is not worth a $100 a year I can monitor twitter for free and get same info I WAS paying for.

To each their own but it's well worth my $9/mo. There is plenty of stuff there that isn't on twitter.

For national recruiting news is second to none. Skout by far has the best Cuse coverage and it isn't even close. Their new layout is pretty bad though. It actually seems like they wanted to make it harder to navigate the site. ESPN if your not in the top 300, or have a team site the coverage isn't that good. I am quickly changing my opinion on 247. They have a good layout, some decent national coverage, and a lot of different features that the other sites don't have.

Are you saying that you agree Rivals is better overall, but that Scout is better for the local Syracuse news? On 247 I agree, they are getting better very fast.

Rivals is total garbage for Syracuse news.

Your Rivals site might be terrible, I was just referencing overall quality, specifically recruit rankings across the board.

P.S. I am only talking about football recruit rankings. Rivals = Football, Scout = Basketball, for the best recruit news and rankings.

Are you saying that you agree Rivals is better overall, but that Scout is better for the local Syracuse news? On 247 I agree, they are getting better very fast.

Your Rivals site might be terrible, I was just referencing overall quality, specifically recruit rankings across the board.

P.S. I am only talking about football recruit rankings. Rivals = Football, Scout = Basketball, for the best recruit news and rankings.

I would agree Rivalz is better overall, and Skout is better for Syracuse coverage.

Skout has been excellent the last year or 2-That's basically where all SU Football recruiting coverage comes from

We now have a full site up on 247 sports. I think this is the best overall recruiting service website for those of us who follow it closely. The guys at Scouts do a good job too, but overall I think this is a better site. I've been waiting for this for a while

syracuse.24/7sports.com (delete backslash)
Don't say that around here, I dare mentioned that we cracked the top 30 on this site and got blasted by the "bnoro", but that is nothing but a trend at any rate, so I'm used to it. I do agree, for the overall big picture you need a major presence on all 4 top recruiting sites as this is what the kids read. Think they look at this site and give a rats arss what we are talking about....not likely. If you want to play with the big boys, you have to act like one and become a player in the big picture.