Class of 2015 - Syracuse has a 247sports site | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Syracuse has a 247sports site

Last week it was 2/47???

Actually 247 is garbage for rankings ... rivals is garbage for news ... they both truly do suck. I think that is his point in the long run ...

Actually 247 is garbage for rankings ... rivals is garbage for news ... they both truly do suck. I think that is his point in the long run ...
At any time, any place, any sports reporting site is subjective, objective, and just outright wrong in how they report, rank players or write stories. The only point I was trying to make these are the sites kids turn to and watch. Any story or ranking always comes with a caveat on who is reporting and how and not necessarily at face value. But it is important that we become a player on these sites, and like it or not, it is good press and how we look on these sites will eventually improve our "image", or "brand" down the road. BC has done a good job at it the last few years, and they seem to have turned a corner. I live in NVA, and let me tell you, I have few friends that even knew much if anything about Syracuse Football. When we announced we were joing the league, to a man down here it was all about BB and even the writers new little about the history of SU Football. After our season last year, we got noticed by other ACC programs, not necessarily respected, but alot of my friends say maybe it wasn't such a bad move bringing us into the ACC. Thats a good start, IMO.

At any time, any place, any sports reporting site is subjective, objective, and just outright wrong in how they report, rank players or write stories. The only point I was trying to make these are the sites kids turn to and watch. Any story or ranking always comes with a caveat on who is reporting and how and not necessarily at face value. But it is important that we become a player on these sites, and like it or not, it is good press and how we look on these sites will eventually improve our "image", or "brand" down the road. BC has done a good job at it the last few years, and they seem to have turned a corner. I live in NVA, and let me tell you, I have few friends that even knew much if anything about Syracuse Football. When we announced we were joing the league, to a man down here it was all about BB and even the writers new little about the history of SU Football. After our season last year, we got noticed by other ACC programs, not necessarily respected, but alot of my friends say maybe it wasn't such a bad move bringing us into the ACC. Thats a good start, IMO.

Whether or not a kid reads it is not what he is talking about ... its about accuracy ... the same can be said for kids like Shy who read them and see themselves being ignored ... works both ways. Its about accuracy and validity that is his point.

Have you looked at BC's class? How is that working out for them ... 6x 3 stars and a bunch of 2 stars and NRs ... that is turning the corner? That is based on scout's rankings (we are also pretty close on 247) ... guess that whole perception thing isn't working out for them ... they have essentially a class that mirrors ours ... and if you compare the 2014 hauls for SU and BC ours was better ... not sure where you are getting this whole turn the corner thing. I live and GA and have heard and seen more SU press here then in the last 5 years ... it comes with joining the ACC ... having a great BBall program and playing in a FF in Atlanta ... of course grabbing a 5A state defensive player of the year in Cam Lynch helped tremendously ... not a stupid splash page on 247.