Syracuse Jacket | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Jacket

Nahson

Your best friend
I’m not entirely sure this is thread worth but I didn’t know where else to put it. I saw some recruits wearing this jacket and I want it but I can’t find it anywhere online.

Attachments

• 5BD180C3-30A1-434C-BBC2-F42215DA20F7.jpeg
    5BD180C3-30A1-434C-BBC2-F42215DA20F7.jpeg
    329 KB · Views: 140
I had a Syracuse University Jacket like those except it had white sleeves and I had a Henninger High School Jacket. I purchased both at the old Charneys Men’s Shop on James St. I am psyched that the old school look is returning and boy am I old too. Go Orange!!

I’m not entirely sure this is thread worth but I didn’t know where else to put it. I saw some recruits wearing this jacket and I want it but I can’t find it anywhere online.
It's awesome looking. I'm too old to pull it off, but back in the day...

I had a Syracuse University Jacket like those except it had white sleeves and I had a Henninger High School Jacket. I purchased both at the old Charneys Men’s Shop on James St. I am psyched that the old school look is returning and boy am I old too. Go Orange!!
That's where I bought mine!

Did all the recruits that visited for Junior Day get one? And can they keep them? It seemed like every time I saw a picture of a recruit on campus for Junior Day, he was wearing one.

Haven’t seen that before. Pretty cool.

My HS one had white sleeves as well and they were hard to keep clean. I like the Black sleeves.

Did all the recruits that visited for Junior Day get one? And can they keep them? It seemed like every time I saw a picture of a recruit on campus for Junior Day, he was wearing one.

Haven’t seen that before. Pretty cool.
I believe they issue them apparel to borrow during the visit. Especially with the winter weather I remember they all used wear the large parkas with block S on them in past. Seems like the varsity jackets are new options.

Dino had a nice letterman's jacket (it was #44 if I remember correctly) when he was part of the coaches' room on the national championship and playoff broadcasts. I remember he said, "Oh, what I could do with a back like that," after Abdul Adams ripped off a long TD for Oklahoma. Lo and behold, we got Adams and he went on to an undistinguished SYR career. He opted out the Covid year and got passed by Tucker.

Last edited:

That is a sharp looking jacket and a clever move by the coaching staff:
  • letterman style jacket suggests achievement
  • provides recruits with a uniform team look
  • provides warmth without screaming cold and snow

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online