"Syracuse" Mentions | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

"Syracuse" Mentions

A Jim Ridlon "assem-blage: appears at the 32:50 mark:

A Jim Ridlon "assem-blage: appears at the 32:50 mark:

I have a Syracuse mention. In the Will Smith movie “Enemy of the State” - 1998. In the opening scene Jason Robards shows up at a waterfront park to walk his dog. John Voight, an NSA employee arrives and confronts Robards, a Congressman, about supporting a bill in Congress. Robarts tells Voight he won’t support the bill. Telling him “Do you know how many people in Syracuse will be out of work?”
Voight then has him killed

Good movie. Free on line

Is it weird that, as I'm reading this thread, I'm listening to guy tell a story of a near death experience he had, and he lives and works in Syracuse?

Multiple mentions during the Sopranos, usually bout Cuse losing the game they bet

I believe there is a Cuse mention in one of the dock episodes of The Wire

I’m drunk pretty drunk so bear with me:

The Sopranos - Syracuse is mentioned in at least 2 episodes. Maybe 3. I remember fat dom saying how Syracuse tanked right before he was killed. The kid at the party who says he’s gonna transfer to Syracuse before AJ’s friends beat him up and pour acid on his feet, Syracuse football mentioned earlier in the series.

The Wire - Bunk says at some point that Jim Brown play both football and lacrosse at Cuse.

Mare of Easttown - Guy Pierce’s character is a professor from SU.

Homeland - I think it’s in one of the early seasons that Brody’s daughter runs away with her boyfriend and stops at a gas station in Syracuse that has a tv on that has a Syracuse local station news that mentions the Syracuse chiefs.

The Sinner season 2 - Takes place somewhere just west of Syracuse. I think they mention it several times.

Indiana Jones new movie - haven’t seen it yet but someone told me it mentions Syracuse.

The bone collector - Syracuse is mentioned multiple times at the end.

Master of none -there’s a scene where a bunch of security guys are watching a broadcast of cuse vs Penn st I think when Greg Paulus played.

Banshee - I think in the first season there is a senator who has a kid that was offered a scholarship to play lacrosse at cuse.

Birdman - Michael Keaton and Edward Norton’s characters were talking at a bar and one of them mentions something about doing a play in Syracuse.

F is for Family - I think cuse is mentioned I don’t know I’m hammered.

Greed - This is the one that brought me here. I was watching the scene in Coming to America in Madison Square garden where St. John’s was playing and thougt isn’t there a movie that has a Syracuse game in it. I remember Michael j fox at a Cuse basketball game holding a sign I think. Not at the dome. I just remember that mjf and Kirk Douglas were in it.

I’m drunk pretty drunk so bear with me:

The Sopranos - Syracuse is mentioned in at least 2 episodes. Maybe 3. I remember fat dom saying how Syracuse tanked right before he was killed. The kid at the party who says he’s gonna transfer to Syracuse before AJ’s friends beat him up and pour acid on his feet, Syracuse football mentioned earlier in the series.

The Wire - Bunk says at some point that Jim Brown play both football and lacrosse at Cuse.

Mare of Easttown - Guy Pierce’s character is a professor from SU.

Homeland - I think it’s in one of the early seasons that Brody’s daughter runs away with her boyfriend and stops at a gas station in Syracuse that has a tv on that has a Syracuse local station news that mentions the Syracuse chiefs.

The Sinner season 2 - Takes place somewhere just west of Syracuse. I think they mention it several times.

Indiana Jones new movie - haven’t seen it yet but someone told me it mentions Syracuse.

The bone collector - Syracuse is mentioned multiple times at the end.

Master of none -there’s a scene where a bunch of security guys are watching a broadcast of cuse vs Penn st I think when Greg Paulus played.

Banshee - I think in the first season there is a senator who has a kid that was offered a scholarship to play lacrosse at cuse.

Birdman - Michael Keaton and Edward Norton’s characters were talking at a bar and one of them mentions something about doing a play in Syracuse.

F is for Family - I think cuse is mentioned I don’t know I’m hammered.

Greed - This is the one that brought me here. I was watching the scene in Coming to America in Madison Square garden where St. John’s was playing and thougt isn’t there a movie that has a Syracuse game in it. I remember Michael j fox at a Cuse basketball game holding a sign I think. Not at the dome. I just remember that mjf and Kirk Douglas were in it.

Greedy (1994) ⭐ 6.3 | Comedy "Greedy"

Sorry if already mentioned, but in the movie 17 Again, the main character is a HS basketball player and is being recruited by Syracuse. Even includes a view of a Syracuse coach at his game and (to me at least) it is clearly intended to be Mike Hopkins, who was still at cuse when the movie came out.

3/24 NYT sunday crossword . 57 across . 4 letters . "(blank) the orange ( syracuse mascot) " . hmm starts with O ? puzzling indeed. also stuck on 44 down. 9 letters. " relegated to the doghouse " BOE something ?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom