"Syracuse" Mentions | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"Syracuse" Mentions

In Rules of Engagement (sitcom), Patrick Warburton’s character (he was David Puddy on Seinfeld)… went to Syracuse. In one episode, a bar called Thirsty Charlie’s is discussed. I think there was a scene depicted, too.

Not movies or TV, but Vince Flynn’s literary character Mitch Rapp is a CIA assassin, who was an All-American lacrosse player at SU. He got into his line of work to combat terrorism because his girlfriend was on Pan Am 103.

Last edited:
Old cancelled show - Ray Romano, Scott Bakula and Andre Braugher depicted 3 SU grads
The writer and executive producer of that show was Mike Royce. He’s a graduate of Jamesville-DeWitt High School and Ithaca College.

Not on-screen but there was a Tv version of 'The Thin Man' in the late 50's:

Phyllis Kirk was an interesting actress and quite a person -and she was born in Syracuse, even if she didn't grow up here. Like Tom Cruise, we can claim her anyway, sort of.

I'm watching Sergeant Rutledge on TCM. The prosecuting attorney is played by Carleton Young, who was born in Fulton and grew up in Syracuse. A dubious career highlight is that he had a role in "Reefer Madness" the unintentionally hilarious anti-pot film financed by the wine industry in 1936. Later he hooked up with John Ford, who put him in tonight's film and also "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance", as well as the only thing Ford ever directed for television, an episode of Wagon Train called "The Colter Craven Story", staring his old friend Ward Bond with a brief cameo by John Wayne.

I debated whether to post this because this is surely one of the weaker efforts from Steve Allen's original Tonight Show but we get a mention at the 54:05 mark, a joking reference to the fact that doing a live show from Miami at night in in January isn't necessarily going to be a warm experience. Steve obviously feels that Syracuse is a synonym for cold.

Vincent Hanna (Pacino's character in Heat) spent some time living in Syracuse. It's written in his personnel file.

Vincent Hanna (Pacino's character in Heat) spent some time living in Syracuse. It's written in his personnel file.
Coincidentally, Robert De Niro who played Neil McCauley in the same movie spent time living in Syracuse in real life.

if you slow down the tape of william friedkins 1973 classic THE EXCORIST
on the third revolution of her head you can clearly hear or lip read the words SYRACUSE.
This is an all time great post, IMO.

3:50: Bennett Cerf asks where Dolgeville is and suggests it might be Rochester or Syracuse.

Last edited:
3:50: Bennett Cerf asks where Dolgeville is and suggests it might be Rochester or Syracuse.

I think I still have an old Cleon Jones model Adirondack bat in my garage somewhere.

Syracuse always got Twilighte had Zone mentions.
Rod Sterling’s was born in Syracuse and raised in Binghamton. He had a place on Cayuga Lake and died during a heart bypass operation at an Ithaca hospital

Last edited:
Rod Sterling’s was born in Syracuse and raised in Binghamton. He had a place on Cayuga Lake and died during a heart bypass operation at an Ithaca hospital
He was also a professor at Ithaca College and his archives are there as well. His production company was Cayuga Productions.

He was also a professor at Ithaca College and his archives are there as well. His production company was Cayuga Productions.
He also spelled his name Serling.

Yes, I’m an ass.

Or use question marks, apparently.

As aforementioned, I’m an ass.
Ken Jeong GIF by The Masked Singer

Last night on Colbert, at the 3:00 mark:

Mrs. Walker of Syracuse New York has two sets of triplets:

Knew of the family. My retired orthodontist was married to one of the triplets, who has sadly passed away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom