Syracuse Mt Rushmore | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Syracuse Mt Rushmore

I think it's too hard to do it across sports. And are we going to leave out Lacrosse?
Ben Swartzwalder has to be there. He was the architect of the glory years of Syracuse football. Before Ben we could not even beat Colgate.

Ben Swartzwalder has to be there. He was the architect of the glory years of Syracuse football. Before Ben we could not even beat Colgate.

I thought about putting him there, then I looked up his record - and while very good (153-91-3), I just couldn't justify putting him ahead of Brown, JB, Ernie & Melo. I also like others ahead of him as well. But I do agree that he was an important figure in Syracuse's history.

I think it's too hard to do it across sports. And are we going to leave out Lacrosse?

Yeah, it's pretty boring. (Sorry, I meant to just think that, not say it outloud)

My wife and I were having this discussion last week on a Mt. Rushmore for SU hoops. I had JB, Pearl, Bing and Melo. Pained me not to add Danny "Bo Jive" Boyle.

Matt Park: "Making Mount Rushmores isn't on the Mount Rushmore of ideas."

Mike Rotunda obviously.

Czonk's pretty cool too.

Thought about this.

Jim Brown (probably the greatest all around athlete ever)
Jim Boeheim (One of the greatest college basketball coaches ever)
Pearl Washington (probably the most important player in SU basketball history)
Gary Gait (arguably the greatest lacrosse player in the history of the sport)

Pained me to leave off Ernie Davis and David Bing, but Mount Rushmore is contrived of not necessarily the best. Other factors should be in place

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom