SyracuseFan Away Game Tailgates for 2016 | Syracusefan.com

SyracuseFan Away Game Tailgates for 2016

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
Saturday, September 24th @UConn (Leader: TexanMark)
Expect 150 tix bought, Tailgate at Aero Lot
Only two motels within walking distance of the stadium. Rates are about $100 a night
No real need to stay close to stadium as the parking should be cheap ($15 or so) and not much to do around East Hartford.

Saturday, October 1st, Notre Dame (Leader: TBD)
Link to buy tix in ND thread. A preferred tailgate lot will be designated. Pretty much BYOB/BYOF.
Many fans going stay in and around the stadium area. Expect a discount code soon for a motel close by. If I were you I might make rez now and consider switching hotels after SUBarney finds out what rate he can get (guessing around $135 a night)

Saturday, October 8th, Wake Forest (Leader: TexanMark)
Expect up to 200 tickets (might be joining local alumni clubs), expect Section 13 visitors side, 15 yard line, Tix about $30. This is a very underrated tailgate location (one of my favorite places)
Tailgate across the street...Parking is usually easy but the Dixie Classic Fair is in town and they also use the lots. Parking fees TBD ($10-15). If the game is early that is better for parking situation.
https://www.dcfair.com/general-info/hours-and-tickets/
Lodging is not convenient to stadium but nice hotels are within 10 mins. Rates are reasonable $50-100. Might want to book sooner due to fair.

Saturday, Oct 22nd Boston College (Leader: Cuseguy)

You are on your own...too difficult. Buy your tix through SU or secondary markets. Probably recommend a pregame gathering at a watering hole. Maybe Cuseguy and a few other NE based fans can figure out something.

Saturday, November 5th Clemson (Leader: Crusty)

Tickets dependent on what Clemson gives us. Might have to go through SU. Pricing anywhere from $30-70 depending on source. Number of tickets will be dependent on tix availability. Might link up with local alumni groups. Tailgate/Parking at a private church...Cost $20-25 for parking. Lodging is high...recommend booking now...might have to drive in an hour away to avoid paying $250+ a night.

Saturday, November 26th Pittsburgh (Leader: TBD)
This will be a small tailgate. Expect no more than 30. More details later.

Last edited:
I'm in for ND, and possibly PITT. Waiting on information about the November basketball tourny before I pull the trigger on that.

I'm in for ND, and possibly PITT. Waiting on information about the November basketball tourny before I pull the trigger on that.
Not sure how much leave you will have...but UConn the week prior should be considered.

Not sure how much leave you will have...but UConn the week prior should be considered.

Was thinking about that, not sure tho. I might just do a Friday-Sunday thing for ND, and have an extended trip to do either Pitt, or the basketball tourny (or both depending on dates).

I'll make a decision in the next week or so.

I am in for either Uconn/ND and also BC.

Something to note, the Head of the Charles is the weekend of the 'Cuse game. Pretty busy weekend in the city (around the Charles anyway).

In an absolute perfect world the game is at 3:30 and I can see both.

Saturday, September 24th @UConn (Leader: TexanMark)
Expect 150 tix bought, Tailgate at Aero Lot
Only two motels within walking distance of the stadium. Rates are about $100 a night
No real need to stay close to stadium as the parking should be cheap ($15 or so) and not much to do around East Hartford.

Saturday, October 1st, Notre Dame (Leader: TBD)
Link to buy tix in ND thread. A preferred tailgate lot will be designated. Pretty much BYOB/BYOF.
Many fans going stay in and around the stadium area. Expect a discount code soon for a motel close by. If I were you I might make rez now and consider switching hotels after SUBarney finds out what rate he can get (guessing around $135 a night)

Saturday, October 8th, Wake Forest (Leader: TexanMark)
Expect up to 200 tickets (might be joining local alumni clubs), expect Section 13 visitors side, 15 yard line, Tix about $30. This is a very underrated tailgate location (one of my favorite places)
Tailgate across the street...Parking is usually easy but the Dixie Classic Fair is in town and they also use the lots. Parking fees TBD ($10-15). If the game is early that is better for parking situation.
https://www.dcfair.com/general-info/hours-and-tickets/
Lodging is not convenient to stadium but nice hotels are within 10 mins. Rates are reasonable $50-100. Might want to book sooner due to fair.

Saturday, Oct 22nd Boston College (Leader: Cuseguy)

You are on your own...too difficult. Buy your tix through SU or secondary markets. Probably recommend a pregame gathering at a watering hole. Maybe Cuseguy and a few other NE based fans can figure out something.

Saturday, November 5th Clemson (Leader: Crusty)

Tickets dependent on what Clemson gives us. Might have to go through SU. Pricing anywhere from $30-70 depending on source. Number of tickets will be dependent on tix availability. Might link up with local alumni groups. Tailgate/Parking at a private church...Cost $20-25 for parking. Lodging is high...recommend booking now...might have to drive in an hour away to avoid paying $250+ a night.

Saturday, November 26th Pittsburgh (Leader: TBD)
This will be a small tailgate. Expect no more than 30. More details later.

Wish uconn and nd weren't back to back.

Wish uconn and nd weren't back to back.
I told my wife maybe we take a week's vacation and drive around New England...to work around those games...don't think it is happening. I will probably go to just UConn now.

Too many east coast things to work around. I will be in for 2 weeks in August to attend the fundraiser for Dan and my high school reunion on August 20th. I can't really turn around that fast, and am not sure if I will attend Orange Central either this year, although that is my 40th reunion. So much to figure out. Need to make money also. It has been a really rough 3 months for me, and I just got totally burned by friends yesterday. Wish I could just come to every game. That would cheer me up today as I am feeling very down from business. I am also hoping to come back for a men's basketball and women's basketball game next year, possibly in December and may look for ticket help for good seats. I figure if I fly all the way back, I want to sit somewhere decent. I am thinking December as work is usually slow then, and weather not as bad since I will drive to Toronto after to visit my son.

Once again my 2 planned roadies (MetLife and UConn) end up b2b. And now BC in October is much more attractive. I'm thinking all 3 with a possibility to add Pitt if it becomes a critical game.

Just curious, why is BC too difficult? Just too difficult for you or too difficult to plan something period? Is the area not good for tailgating? Am seriously considering going but only been to Boston once and wasn't anywhere near the college.

Pyle said:
Just curious, why is BC too difficult? Just too difficult for you or too difficult to plan something period? Is the area not good for tailgating? Am seriously considering going but only been to Boston once and wasn't anywhere near the college.

I've been there twice and there's literally no place to do group tailgates or even park. Unless somethings changed in the past 6-7 years, we had to park in someone's yard.

I've been there twice and there's literally no place to do group tailgates or even park. Unless somethings changed in the past 6-7 years, we had to park in someone's yard.
Lovely, thanks for the heads up.

Lovely, thanks for the heads up.
Never been there...I heard there are ways around it...hopefully a few folks can jump in with tips.

Clemson: For the 2014 game, I stayed in Anderson, SC...and where I will stay again this year. The room rates are reasonable and it's only a 30 min easy drive to the tailgate location. Forget staying in Clemson. Many of the hotels are already booked for every weekend of the football season.

trojan horse

Should we put this on the front of the horse?

boston_red_sox_1970-1975.png

Never been there...I heard there are ways around it...hopefully a few folks can jump in with tips.
you would probably be better off parking at one of the T stops and tailgating before riding into the game.

Pyle said:

BC has one of the worst tailgating setups of any school I've seen.

We've tried numerous spots over the years, but it's hard to find something for a big crowd.

BC has one of the worst tailgating setups of any school I've seen.

We've tried numerous spots over the years, but it's hard to find something for a big crowd.
Say you have a group of 10-20 folks...can you find a spot? Or are you better to meet at a restaurant near the "T"?

Clemson: For the 2014 game, I stayed in Anderson, SC...and where I will stay again this year. The room rates are reasonable and it's only a 30 min easy drive to the tailgate location. Forget staying in Clemson. Many of the hotels are already booked for every weekend of the football season.
Another option is to stay in Greenville, which is about 45 minutes from Clemson.

Greenville is a bigger city with a nice business district downtown. Liked it there a lot. I think SU stayed there last year.

I flew in from Charlotte, which is about 2 hours from Clemson, so it was close to the midpoint between the cities...

TexanMark said:
Say you have a group of 10-20 folks...can you find a spot? Or are you better to meet at a restaurant near the "T"?

With investigating again. I haven't been to BC in several years. But I imagine it's still difficult.

I'm in Boston now, Mark. Hooking up with Orange79 for a Springsteen concert.

I'll go over and check out the tailgate scene.

Ha.

Should we put this on the front of the horse?

boston_red_sox_1970-1975.png
couldnt hurt.

you do whatever you have to do to get these onto Shea Field.
1-6-barrel-keg.jpg

then everyone just walks on to where ever you park it.