Taggart being treated unfairly | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Taggart being treated unfairly

Blech, I will never forget the name Kirby Dar Dar because of that game. First game I watched Syracuse was 1987 vs Penn State. I took a liking to them then. I did not get to see them again until the Sugar Bowl and that was when I learned there was no OT in college football.

For me, greatest play in SU Football history.

The two point conversion v. WVU in 1987 was more important, but I just loved the reverse in that situation - I went nuts while Kirby ran by me on the way to the endzone.

Time will tell if Nebraska learned its lesson from the Frank Solich debacle.

To me, that was the "first sign the apocalypse is upon us" related to college football. Guy had more wins in his first 6 seasons than Tom Osborne and Bob Devaney (both HOF coaches) and they fired him.

Some will say his tenure after Nebraska indicates they might've made the right decision. I would argue look what the idiot who fired Solich (Steve Pederson) did after that fateful decision.

He brought in Bill Callahan who cratered Nebraska's image of national dominance by going 27-22 over 4 years and was fired. Pederson goes back to Pitt after Nebraska, fires Wannstache, then hires wife beater Mike Haywood only to fire him a few weeks later and bring in one-year wonder Todd Graham.

Good post.

To me, that was the "first sign the apocalypse is upon us" related to college football. Guy had more wins in his first 6 seasons than Tom Osborne and Bob Devaney (both HOF coaches) and they fired him.

Some will say his tenure after Nebraska indicates they might've made the right decision. I would argue look what the idiot who fired Solich (Steve Pederson) did after that fateful decision.

He brought in Bill Callahan who cratered Nebraska's image of national dominance by going 27-22 over 4 years and was fired. Pederson goes back to Pitt after Nebraska, fires Wannstache, then hires wife beater Mike Haywood only to fire him a few weeks later and bring in one-year wonder Todd Graham.

I do not think they learned. All Solich did was go 9-3 almost every year. Then two coaches later they fire Pelini for basically doing the same thing going 9-4 consistently. Most teams would kill for that but it has been hard for Nebraska to realize Tom Osbornes do not grow on trees, coupled with the fact Nebraska had a walk on system back during the 70s-90s that is not possible today.

I do not think they learned. All Solich did was go 9-3 almost every year. Then two coaches later they fire Pelini for basically doing the same thing going 9-4 consistently. Most teams would kill for that but it has been hard for Nebraska to realize Tom Osbornes do not grow on trees, coupled with the fact Nebraska had a walk on system back during the 70s-90s that is not possible today.

I think Frost will be at Nebraska for a long time. He's a good coach but it takes a minimum 1 year to turnover some of the naysayers and roaches. Mike Riley is a great guy but he's never been known to run a tight ship and I am sure there some kids who surely aren't buying into what Frost is trying to do, 90% of the kids on the field aren't kids he recruited. Frost will recruit better than Riley.

Nebraska has to look themselves in the mirror at some point and ask if Frost can't get them where they want to be then who can? Texas is in the same boat. There is only one Nick Saban and probably only one Dabo at this point. It also took Dabo some time

We can only hope a similar fate awaits FSU.

Man, you are miss quoting me. Never used the word deserve lol. So Im choosing to not read the rest of your post because its based off words you are choosing. Good luck the rest of the way. I really like FSU's history.

Probably good...I still don't understand your Top 5 point at all, so not worth going around and around on. Thanks for the good wishes.

Probably good...I still don't understand your Top 5 point at all, so not worth going around and around on. Thanks for the good wishes.
I wasnt trying to take a shot at you lol. Why read a long post of something that is responding to words I didnt use? No disrespect but its a waist of time. I like FSU. I dont talk bad about them. I dont mind you disagreeing. lol. but dont act like I was making a point. I was expressing my opinion about a coach that I think highly of in our profession. I wasnt debating. lol Thats probably why you didnt understand.

I wasnt trying to take a shot at you lol. Why read a long post of something that is responding to words I didnt use? No disrespect but its a waist of time. I like FSU. I dont talk bad about them. I dont mind you disagreeing. lol. but dont act like I was making a point. I was expressing my opinion about a coach that I think highly of in our profession. I wasnt debating. lol Thats probably why you didnt understand.

I didn't take it as a shot, I'm not hypersensitive. Honestly saying that I kept responding to a point that I simply don't (and can't) grasp. I said I didn't understand it, not that it didn't make sense or something, I'm taking responsibility and saying you are right that continuing the conversation isn't going anywhere.

I also think Jimbo was a great coach for FSU, despite how it ended and the way it went south. It was time for a parting of the ways, on both sides, regardless of what happens with Taggart or the next guy after Taggart. But that doesn't change the excellent things he accomplished.

And I respect Syracuse and had a great time visiting this past Saturday.