Taggart | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Taggart

A coach once told me that ADs don't want to hire guys with better academic credentials than they've got. So while some kind of sports physiology background seems like a no-brainer, that could work against a coach in the hiring process.

That makes sense, I think sometimes coaches choose not to listen to the sports trainers/nutritionists they have around them. Or don’t allow for that dialogue.

Kids don't really like playing for him and he treats his walk-ons like SHI.

Somewhere on this forum is an old thread where I said Taggart at FSU would end up being a bad hire, and Cristobal at Oregon would be a good hire. I'm wrong on almost everything, but I think I pegged that situation pretty well.
i still can't believe he's the head coach at florida state. every time i am reminded of it, I am as shocked as I was the first time. it's just such an unbelievably bad hire for a factory like that

They can not extended him soon enough
you have to extend the good coaches so you keep them
you have to extend the bad coaches so recruits know you'll keep him
pretty funny, everyone gets extended, as usual the coach gets more money and the kids who commit get screwed

I mean, there's just no way to expect kids who are largely from the south, and play in Florida, to compete physically with a team from Idaho. Taggart is just stating the obvious here, guys.

Yes, we all know how dry it is in Boise!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom