Taurean Thompson | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

Re: Thompson, I'm not getting my hopes up because most, if not all, of SU's recent commitments have come before the spring of a prospect's senior year. Of course, this year is a little different because SU did not have a scholarship available when they started going hard after this kid.

SU's front court appears crowded, but we should be able to make a reasonable sales pitch for minutes being available at the 5 next year. Coleman is still an injury risk and had a high foul rate this year. I'm hoping Chukwu will make a big impact, but he is not a sure thing. Even if he plays well, SU's centers are often hung out to dry on D and pick up a lot of fouls. Splitting the center minutes among three guys, while not ideal, is plausible.

If he expects to play 30 mpg...oh well. He should end up at at a place other than SU or Kansas.

I think I'm more disappointed in the lack of "Guard [2016]" posts or updates. SU will have a free scholly next season unless Kaleb sticks around, but by accounts, he gone.

The problem is that there are very few top 100 guards or wings available. ESPN's top 100 only includes one SG and zero PGs.

I'm down with the 5th year transfer plan. I would also like to see the staff get a little cutthroat and put the full court press on VJ King. Louisville is in some trouble. Pitino's future is uncertain. Autry should have very solid connections with him because he coached at his high school.

Call me old fashioned, but hiring a coach from the high school ranks should yield more than a single prospect with a RSCI rank of 79.

I know people on this board follow recruiting much closer then I do. So I assume the 93% chance its Syracuse on 24/7 s website is meaningless? Don't laugh I really don't know.

I'm not sure what he's waiting for. We've gotta be the top school in the country at putting 4 star recruits on NBA Draft Boards after one year.

It probably all hinges on how much he values big minutes as a Frosh. If Lydon and Roberson come back, they're both going to be looking at 30+mpg.

If he's cool with waiting and learning for a year, both of those guys will be gone and he'll likely be the starting PF.

No Maker, No Diallo. If he has a good trip to Kansas I think that'll be it.
They have Lucas and Bragg returning in the post with a pair of big men already committed. Self keeps five stars warming up on the bench most of the time during their freshman year. If TT thinks he's logging Perry Ellis minutes from jump, then I need to hit what he and his mommy are smoking.

They have Lucas and Bragg returning in the post with a pair of big men already committed. Self keeps five stars warming up on the bench most of the time during their freshman year. If TT thinks he's logging Perry Ellis minutes from jump, then I need to hit what he and his mommy are smoking.
Don't you mean he keeps 5 stars on the bench if there is possible issues with them (Livingston and possibly Diallo):D

Don't you mean he keeps 5 stars on the bench if there is possible issues with them (Livingston and possibly Diallo):D
I dunno who Livingston is but imho there was no reason that Diallo couldn't get more run over any other big on that team outside of Perry Ellis. He's a plug n play type with a ridiculous motor. Put Diallo on this year SU squad and we're talking about a player that probably averages near a double double playing near 40 minutes a night at center. Self is a good coach but it surprises me how well he recruits getting top 10 guys, because most have either underachieved or played limited minutes in their freshman year before bouncing to the pros.

I dunno who Livingston is but imho there was no reason that Diallo couldn't get more run over any other big on that team outside of Perry Ellis. He's a plug n play type with a ridiculous motor. Put Diallo on this year SU squad and we're talking about a player that probably averages near a double double playing near 40 minutes a night at center. Self is a good coach but it surprises me how well he recruits getting top 10 guys, because most have either underachieved or played limited minutes in their freshman year before bouncing to the pros.
Was thinking Cliff Livingston and kid's last name was Alexander. Had a senior moment there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom