Taurean Thompson | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

The fact that Michigan State has a very legit chance to land this kid after 3 weeks of interest while SU and SHU have been grinding for 18 months is example #1 of why being a college coach must absolutely suck.

I would definitely raise an eyebrow if MSU swooped in and got him...supposedly the biggest issue has been distance from Mom...well MSU is a heck of a lot farther from Mom than SU...

I am thinking that the only reason MSU is in the mix is that he has one last official left and might as well use it and not lose it...

I would definitely raise an eyebrow if MSU swooped in and got him...supposedly the biggest issue has been distance from Mom...well MSU is a heck of a lot farther from Mom than SU...

I don't know if that is the biggest issue with Mom. There is apparently something she doesn't like about SU. So if you look at it, he's got two elite P5 schools with HOF coaches after him and Seton Hall, a huge step down. So if mom doesn't like SU, and the kid isn't in love with being at a lower level program, MSU looks awfully good. MSU program is on equal footing to SU in all basketball ways, has gobs of immediate playing time, and mom doesn't have a beef with them. The only thing working against them is their distance from his home and probably the lesser familiarity he has with their staff.

I don't know if that is the biggest issue with Mom. There is apparently something she doesn't like about SU. So if you look at it, he's got two elite P5 schools with HOF coaches after him and Seton Hall, a huge step down. So if mom doesn't like SU, and the kid isn't in love with being at a lower level program, MSU looks awfully good. MSU program is on equal footing to SU in all basketball ways, has gobs of immediate playing time, and mom doesn't have a beef with them. The only thing working against them is their distance from his home and probably the lesser familiarity he has with their staff.

That is a possibility...if it is the case then SU is not looking good to get him...maybe that is why the staff is scrambling a bit now?

Great post, tee. I think most of us are over it at this point. Whatevs, as the kids say.

I'm pretty much to that point. I made it through the Tyus Battle thread and even the Ebenezer Ogundeko thread on the football side but this one has almost worn me out. Don't get me wrong, I still want Taurean to come here, and it's a major decision and he certainly has the right to take as long as he wants. But I'm not exactly sitting on egg shells waiting for his decision.

His mom can't stand the color orange. Doesn't go with any of her outfits.

The good news is, as Francis alluded to earlier in the thread, she abhors the color green.

Apparently he has cut his list to three: SU, Seton Hall and Mich St (where he still plans to take an official).

http://www.At their request, this n...story/1667918-taurean-thompson-cuts-list-to-3
Siegel is speculating on the MSU visit - so far out of the TT camp they've expressed no plan to visit there - certainly possible though

Maybe he's using the msu visit as leverage. As in "oh mom, you don't want me to go to the school I like because you think it's too far? Well I just got an offer from another exceptional school even further away and I'm going to take a visit there"

Syracuse sounds like a better option now, right?

(Assuming he does really want to commit to us all things consider)

This is the problem I am having and I don't disagree with you at all. Where is this perception coming from that puts us at a last ditch option? Can't stand this drama. Happened with so many others (Briscoe, Whitehead to name a few recent) and even if he comes here, not a good start to your career, TT. Again, this circus stuff is silly to me. Funny thing, is he's not a stud enough to even merit this attention. Want to play basketball? Put your head down and focus on the task at hand, not the dramatics.
This.
I'm never one to pound on a kid for taking his time but the implication that we should wait out and grovel for a commit from this kid, is really annoying.
Last I checked, this isn't Patrick Ewing we're talking about here.
Syracuse is never a "last resort" to most kids. If he or Moms don't want us, it's their loss. NEXT!!

Maybe he's using the msu visit as leverage. As in "oh mom, you don't want me to go to the school I like because you think it's too far? Well I just got an offer from another exceptional school even further away and I'm going to take a visit there"

Syracuse sounds like a better option now, right?

(Assuming he does really want to commit to us all things consider)
Don't sass me, boy.

With any negotiation, it's all about leverage. SU has none here, since it's not like SU has only one schollie available. Additionally, Thompson doesn't have to worry about someone else beating him to the punch due to available (lack thereof) prospects. There's no urgency on his part, and he has the upper hand relative to leverage in this particular instance. Plain and simple really...

This.
I'm never one to pound on a kid for taking his time but the implication that we should wait out and grovel for a commit from this kid, is really annoying.
Last I checked, this isn't Patrick Ewing we're talking about here.
Syracuse is never a "last resort" to most kids. If he or Moms don't want us, it's their loss. NEXT!!
How do you know we are groveling?

In a situation like this, how often is the staff in contact with the recruit? I know there are rules and contact windows...is it regular contact type of thing or step back and not bug the kid type of thing? Just curious...

I predict that he ends up landing square in the middle of the "D" League. It's only a matter of time IMO with the vibe we're getting with this cat... oh, wait... that's Cat Barber and he passed us over too!

I predict that he ends up landing square in the middle of the "D" League. It's only a matter of time IMO with the vibe we're getting with this cat... oh, wait... that's Cat Barber and he passed us over too!
Yah he didn't look so good against the zone in the Dome this year. He he was 1/2 from 3 and had 2 transition buckets the whole game. Got dominated by G (34 pts), and I don't see his game "translating".

I like the way he plays on both ends. He's a bit of scrapper which I like. I like his offensive game. He just needs to work on a few low post moves like good drop step. But he's very opportunistic on both ends and works hard. I really like his game. I hope we get him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom