Taurean Thompson | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

Or maybe he was ready to sign with SU when MSU joined the party late. Since he has an official visit left, maybe Mom just wants him to take it so all due diligence is done? This just could be a parent that wants their child to make the most of all the advantages he has...wants to make sure they have all the information needed to make a complete and informed decision with little to no regrets. I got the impression, as well, that he isn't thrilled about "having" to take this visit...but he also mentioned that distance was not that much of a factor. Really, at this point, why not take that last official visit and just check out MSU? Got nothing to lose at this point...they know SU has open schollies, so really no worry about losing out there...

Its not even about the fans, I am not trying to make this about me or any other fan, its not fair to all of the coaches who have put it many hours with the recruitment, practically every other kid has committed by now.

Please. If we had a "Come on, man!" segment for this board, the above post would be prominently featured!

At the very least, we need a dislike button. Most blog comments sections have a thumbs up/ thumbs down feature.
let's just use the boo lady from Princess Bride instead...
Boo.gif

Not fair for the player to be sure where he is going to spend the most important time thus far in their life?

Not fair to the mother who will be sending their child off to a team/coach who will be shaping him into a young man?

I get it. As a fan, it's tough to lose out on a recruit. I've lost out on my fair share of them as a coach. But let the families take the time they feel they need. On all accounts for what Francis is saying, TT wants to be Orane but there's a holdup in the family. Let it play out. Kids like him aren't the worst part of recruiting. It's the fans who feel they have the right to dog a teenager based on what school he decides.
"dogging the teenager"? Do you think he reads this site? These teenager are facing decisions that will affect how soon their dream of big money.Everyuplayer with talent AND size has one thing in mind and its one and outand fast cars and ladies. Education is merely something they must suffer through!

Then why is mother sending her son to visit east Lansing?

Because Mother--who wants the best for her son--isn't pleased with some of the recent NCAA stuff with our program.

Francis has it correct above--TT wants to come here and has been ready to commit. His mother does not want him to come here, and they've been in standoff mode.

She would rather see him go to MSU than SU, even if that means him going further away from home [her preference is SHU]. She is pushing for him to take an official visit to MSU, even though there isn't interest on TT's part. So he is going to go to humor her, and fulfill this extra step she wants him to take so that he can take one of her arguments away about his choice.

Would be shocked if he doesn't commit to SU soon.

Nonot at all but if he makes his decision at least we will be don and out. No more speculation and hope.Kids like him are the worse part of recruiting
And what if he were to come here, end up staying four years, have a DC1, GMac, Rak, or CJ Fair type of career? Would you be saying the same thing.

We can't predict the future to say he will have that type of influence, but we also can't read his thoughts to know his exact reason for delaying. It's his choice, coaches and fans all need to deal with it. If he wears Orange we will all cheer him on. If he doesn't, oh well. We will all still bleed Orange and probably still be having the same conversation about a recruit next year!!!

Following this thread is better than watching a soap opera on TV. Why is it so hard for people to understand that the kid wants to come to SU but his mother wants him to take all his visits first , to make her happy. He will go take the MSU visit and commit to SU when he gets home that week.

It may be a moot point now since the spring signing period is over, but the NCAA requires that a parent or legal guardian sign the LOI if the athlete is under 21. This may have been one of TT's problems...he wants to sign with SU but mama won't sign.

"dogging the teenager"? Do you think he reads this site? These teenager are facing decisions that will affect how soon their dream of big money.Everyuplayer with talent AND size has one thing in mind and its one and outand fast cars and ladies. Education is merely something they must suffer through!

regardless if he reads the site or not. It says more about you than him.

It may be a moot point now since the spring signing period is over, but the NCAA requires that a parent or legal guardian sign the LOI if the athlete is under 21. This may have been one of TT's problems...he wants to sign with SU but mama won't sign.

I believe that is a moot point with the signing period over but someone more well versed in recruiting can correct me as necessary. But good call that it is something to think about.

Evan Daniels jumping on the Msu bandwagon, Im not buying it
Saw the Daniels thing too. I guess it's possible if he has a good time at MSU, he is just over it, and decides to stop battling his mom. Perhaps, MSU will be the compromise that ultimately ends this. Whatever happens, feel sorry for the kid. The fact that his peers are already at school and he is stuck at home, stinks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom