Taurean Thompson | Page 151 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

If this thread doesn't reach 200 pages, we have failed collectively as a group (except Dave).

Now, you's can't leave.
image.jpeg

All that drama must have been devastating!
I am talking about the drama of the people who were so rude to someone who had inside information. I had it last year. Someone newer had it last week. I don't mind the rest of the drama. That comes with being a part of this crazy syracusefan family. It just bothers me when someone has real info and can not divulge the source, and then everyone jumps all over them, even though they sound credible. I knew last week that TT was committing towards the end of this week, but had promised my source not to post it, and will never post my sources. And most on here know I have had info before, and been correct.

I am talking about the drama of the people who were so rude to someone who had inside information. I had it last year. Someone newer had it last week. I don't mind the rest of the drama. That comes with being a part of this crazy syracusefan family. It just bothers me when someone has real info and can not divulge the source, and then everyone jumps all over them, even though they sound credible. I knew last week that TT was committing towards the end of this week, but had promised my source not to post it, and will never post my sources. And most on here know I have had info before, and been correct.
I find it really hard to believe that "everyone" jumps all over them. It's three or four morons.

I have no idea why they do it, but these "info jumpers" shouldn't be given a shred of legitimacy or a second of attention - much less the power to actually affect how information is shared on this message board. They're the equivalent of a fruit fly and should be treated as such.

I discovered this community nearly 20 years ago (depressing thought), and what made it so special for so long - besides the intelligent, informed, thoughtful discussion - were the posters connected to the program and willing to share great information. While I can't and never will comprehend why these posters give those who provide inside information a hard time (deep-seated issues), I also can't understand why the insiders can't simply ignore them.

I find it really hard to believe that "everyone" jumps all over them. It's three or four morons.

I have no idea why they do it, but these "info jumpers" shouldn't be given a shred of legitimacy or a second of attention - much less the power to actually affect how information is shared on this message board. They're the equivalent of a fruit fly and should be treated as such.

I discovered this community nearly 20 years ago (depressing thought), and what made it so special for so long - besides the intelligent, informed, thoughtful discussion - were the posters connected to the program and willing to share great information. While I can't and never will comprehend why these posters give those who provide inside information a hard time (deep-seated issues), I also can't understand why the insiders can't simply ignore them.
co-dependence

Look, you're a great poster and you bleed orange as much as anyone and you obviously have a good connection, but... of course people are going to be skeptical of people with no track record whatsoever all of a sudden making proclamations on here - and I don't think there was any jumping all over - just some eye rolling and ribbing after the *guaranteed* day of commitment came and went. It has nothing to do with divulging sources, but everything to do with credibility.

Look, you're a great poster and you bleed orange as much as anyone and you obviously have a good connection, but... of course people are going to be skeptical of people with no track record whatsoever all of a sudden making proclamations on here - and I don't think there was any jumping all over - just some eye rolling and ribbing after the *guaranteed* day of commitment came and went. It has nothing to do with divulging sources, but everything to do with credibility.
There are plenty of posters here who say stupid crap so I understand why people with info don't want to post it. On the other hand, if you know something I'd hope you can be thick-skinned enough to ignore know-nothings. I feel worse when my well thought out opinions get stomped on. If someone stomps on facts, that's their problem.

I've decided and am watching GOT from the beginning. For me its just as good. I've picked things that I missed the first time or have forgotten. Sill fun which proves just how much this series is one of the very best television has ever shown IMHO its the very best.Some may disagree but who TF cares!?

Go to the GOT thread. There's link to a really good podcast that does incredible analysis. Almost as good as Francis's podcast on Orange recruiting.

There are plenty of posters here who say stupid crap so I understand why people with info don't want to post it. On the other hand, if you know something I'd hope you can be thick-skinned enough to ignore know-nothings. I feel worse when my well thought out opinions get stomped on. If someone stomps on facts, that's their problem.

In this case my hands were tied. My source sometimes comes on here, never posts, but reads. I had said I would not post anything. And I keep my promises. Most of the time I have put out there what I know.

But even someone new may be credible. Just know sources can not be given out. You can usually weed out those who are just full of hot air, and can not be trusted. But in this case, the poster really sounded credible. You have to realize that there are lots of people who may only recently have become connected to the program. For example a multitude of team managers come and go each year, along with friends of current players. So a recent grad who possibly at one time was connected to the team as a student manager, and is now not, may be a new source to us, and new to our forum. I think you really can tell who is crazy and who sounds reasonable. And yes, it is just a few people who can't accept that someone may really know something. Most are respectful.

A poster's credibility always works its way out even without poster intervention. If a poster shares what is considered inside information and it turns out to be wrong, then people will learn that that poster can be ignored. When he/she turns out to be right more often than not, that poster will develop credibility. Reputations are formed over time. I don't know what the "info-jumpers" think they're accomplishing. If a poster shares information, just let it go and see what happens. Pissing over someone and questioning their posts, demanding sources and mocking someone when their information turns out to be incorrect (which doesn't mean the source was wrong, some things change - our most respected insiders have been "wrong" before) hurts the message board.

Boy, when Mike Waters' tweet said "story to follow", I was hoping for something more than the pseudo-press release that he's put up. Maybe this means that he's saving the story for the Sunday print edition? If so, can we look forward to some juicy details?

Agreed, but I can see how it would be really annoying to go out of your way to share information only to have your integrity questioned, and then have to spend time defending yourself. I can also see how that calculation makes actually sharing the info not worth the effort.

That's why I just can't fathom the constant questioning, without any reason for questioning. To your point, we all want this to be place where people feel comfortable sharing more info, not less. By attacking anyone new that shares info, we're creating a place that's less valuable and fun for all of us. People with bad information will show their true colors over time, and honestly, the amount of outright lying/trolling when it comes to inside info is really, really limited in my experience.

I really appreciate those that continue to share what they're hearing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom