Class of 2016 - TE Chris Clark to Pitt | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE Chris Clark to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
The future building blocks of our offense will get exponentially better if we can land Chris. He has to be looking at Dungey as someone he knows will be here his final 3 years. As for Pitt it's a crap shoot after Voytik.

Have to like our chances.
If Chris is as good as advertised, he might leave after his Jr year. That still gives us two years to enjoy his talents. He would be a huge get!

Any chance he pulls the trigger this weekend and cancels the Pitt trip?

If Chris is as good as advertised, he might leave after his Jr year. That still gives us two years to enjoy his talents. He would be a huge get!
He could actually leave after one year if he wanted to. I would still take him in a second though.

I want him to choose Orange not only because he would be an asset in the Lester offense, but also because I don't want to watch him play against us.

I have.

It's...long. And boring.

Don't do it, Chris. No one wants to drive the horizontal length of Pennsylvania. Trust me on this.
The tolls on the Pa Turnpike are about $50 round trip from NJ. Worst toll road in the US

And now we get to add Route 33 to the construction zone as well. Driving from NJ to Cuse during football season is no fun.
It's only a short section on Route 33 that is bad.

If Jake has him talk to Eric I like our chances. Lester's offense fits featuring the tight end, and we have a QB who can get him the ball in the right position to do some damage. Pitt's offense is high on featuring the running back.

I really like our chances here. We have a lot more to offer and have a GREAT young group of kids that he can grow with.

Agree 100%.

I really like our chances here. We have a lot more to offer and have a GREAT young group of kids that he can grow with.
Agreed. And I have to think that the ace in the hole is that he's got multiple friends on the team already. If this is a kid that gets homesick, well, it can never hurt to have his buddies from high school around him every day.

Agreed. And I have to think that the ace in the hole is that he's got multiple friends on the team already. If this is a kid that gets homesick, well, it can never hurt to have his buddies from high school around him every day.

Well, then. Now all we need to do is find an ill favorite Aunt in Connecticut so this can be viewed as a hardship transfer and get him on a plane to Tampa this week!

Well, then. Now all we need to do is find an ill favorite Aunt in Connecticut so this can be viewed as a hardship transfer and get him on a plane to Tampa this week!
This is why you are Consigliere!

Boy oh boy did this thread blow up, 6 pages in a short time. Regardless, I like SU's chances of landing Chris.

There sure seems to be a lot of conflicting ideas inside the NCAA though. I copied this from there web page.

"The NCAA believes transferring from one school to another is a crucial decision for a student-athlete that should include a consideration of a variety of factors, including academics, athletics, campus life and personal situation."

"Q: Why do football and basketball players have to sit out a year after they transfer?

A: The year-in-residence is required to help student-athletes adjust to their new school and ensure that their transfer was motivated by academics as well as athletics. Student-athletes who participate in most NCAA sports are eligible for a one-time transfer exception, which allows them to compete immediately after transfer once in their college experience if they meet all other transfer requirements (such as being academically eligible).

However, student-athletes in sports that are historically academically underperforming – including basketball, football, baseball and men’s ice hockey – are not eligible for the exception. Though student-athletes in these sports can’t compete in their first year at their new school, they can receive an athletics scholarship and practice with the team. A waiver process is available to all undergraduates that could provide students who transfer due to difficult life or family circumstances an additional year to complete their eligibility. Prior to the 2015-16 academic year, students could seek a waiver to compete immediately after transfer. That opportunity will no longer be available. Instead, students could apply for a waiver to complete their four years of eligibility in six years."

Personal situation=>homesickness=>mental state=>medical issue(not meant in a bad way).

A kid maybe takes some unofficial visits plus an official visit along with some homework on the school and that is suppose to be enough to make a dedicated decision. Year-in-residence seems like a bigger hurdle than it should be, should be cut back to one full semester.

Finally, how nice of the NCAA to take away the "compete immediately waiver" and go for a sixth year option and drag out the student-athlete's life. . I don't think Chris plans on being in college here or anywhere else when he's 26.

Now it's time to watch L'Ville burst NC St. bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom