Class of 2016 - TE Chris Clark to Pitt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 TE Chris Clark to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd advocate taking him - no questions asked. Want to compete with the big boys? You need big boy talent.

I generally agree but if he wanted to come here and we took him, would he ever show up? Or stick around?

I generally agree but if he wanted to come here and we took him, would he ever show up? Or stick around?

I'd risk it and would never look back. Or you prefer running walk-on transfers from Georgetown out there against all of LSU's, FSU's and Clemson's 4 and 5 star defenders (since you generally agree, i am certain this is not the case)?

To me, Syracuse will be most successful by scheming and developing players (I am sure I am in the minority that playing all these freshmen is a bad thing this year). But it would be nice to sprinkle in a few high ceiling talents here and there to augment things.

I'd risk it and would never look back. Or you prefer running walk-on transfers from Georgetown out there against all of LSU's, FSU's and Clemson's 4 and 5 star defenders (since you generally agree, i am certain this is not the case)?

To me, Syracuse will be most successful by scheming and developing players (I am sure I am in the minority that playing all these freshmen is a bad thing this year). But it would be nice to sprinkle in a few high ceiling talents here and there to augment things.

I have no problem with trying to bring him in. Nor do I have a problem with playing as many freshmen as we are playing. Play your best players. The freshmen are amongst our best players.

I would love to take this kid but we don't know what went down behind the scenes.

Maybe he left on a very disrespectful note with the staff when he dropped us. So there might be a tangible reason they won't re-approach.

Pure speculation but IJS

Putting aside the fact that he has an ego the size of an aircraft carrier, this is a kid that decommitted twice before settling on UCLA and then left UCLA after 1 game. I'm all about adding on high end talent - but why does it have to come from the island of misfit toys? You're not going to turn around a program with high talent self-centered players.

This quote from Mora to Clark during camp says it all.

There were calculated rants. Coach Jim Mora heaped two onto UCLA's top freshmen, tight end Chris Clark ("I'll drive you to the airport and you can transfer to Rutgers or a junior college.") and quarterback Josh Rosen ("That's why you haven't been named the starter.").

http://www.latimes.com/sports/ucla/la-sp-0823-ucla-football-20150823-story.html

by the way (note how UCLA spends 2 weeks of camp away from campus)

I read somewhere that the door was open for him to return to the team.

There were calculated rants. Coach Jim Mora heaped two onto UCLA's top freshmen, tight end Chris Clark ("I'll drive you to the airport and you can transfer to Rutgers or a junior college.") and quarterback Josh Rosen ("That's why you haven't been named the starter.").

Ugh! Way too much garbage to deal with.

Stupid comment by Mora. Doesn't he know that Rutgers and junior college are one in the same?

I'd have no problem with Syracuse letting this kid into the program. Sometimes talent comes with strong "attitudes" or "personalities." If we want to recruit a high level of talent, our coaching staff has to be able to teach kids to direct those attitudes/personalities in a positive way. I like talent.

I'd have no problem with Syracuse letting this kid into the program. Sometimes talent comes with strong "attitudes" or "personalities." If we want to recruit a high level of talent, our coaching staff has to be able to teach kids to direct those attitudes/personalities in a positive way. I like talent.
What if his "attitude" doesn't fit with the atmosphere that you have been trying to build in the locker room? The last thing any team needs is someone messing with the chemistry in a locker room. The kids that have been brought in over the past few years have had strong work ethic and are great teammates. High character kids. It only takes one schmuck to ruin that.

What if his "attitude" doesn't fit with the atmosphere that you have been trying to build in the locker room? The last thing any team needs is someone messing with the chemistry in a locker room. The kids that have been brought in over the past few years have had strong work ethic and are great teammates. High character kids. It only takes one schmuck to ruin that.

This staff just does not strike me as a group that want to deal with drama queens.

This staff just does not strike me as a group that want to deal with drama queens.
Totally agree. It would seem that there are a few different ways to build a program that wins consistently. One way is to get the best players every year. Another way is to get good football players, ones with high ceilings, that might be an inch short or ten pounds too light, but that work their butts off and are good teammates and are willing to work with their teammates using great schemes to win games. What we have happening here is the latter. If a kid is a great player, but he doesn't fit the profile, he can do more harm than good.

Differ
Different strokes for different folks. Some coaches can deal with problem kids and others can't of won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom