Class of 2015 - TE/DE Jake Pickard (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 TE/DE Jake Pickard (NJ) Signed LOI

Yeah cant get our hopes high. He likes wisconsin and if he thinks he's the next JJ Watt so be it.

Even with Sheppard committing I still think we'd take him if he wanted to come here but its looking less and less likely.

I think a lot will tell if he keeps his official visit or not. If he does I think we have a legit chance. He has a great relationship with Acosta. All we can hope for now is a visit, which gives us a fighting chance.

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Dave-Aranda-addresses-his-future-at-Wisconsin

New head coach Paul Chryst can’t officially extend any job offers to assistants until after the Dec. 29 deadline, per university policy. As a result, Aranda can’t say he for sure is coming back.

Aranda also said he hasn’t yet talked with Chryst about a defensive philosophy. Aranda runs a 3-4 defense, while Chryst had been using a 4-3 at Pitt.
While it’s not official Aranda is coming back to Wisconsin, he has received interest elsewhere, as his unit has been strong in the two years in Madison. Aranda didn’t want to talk much about that.
“I just don’t really like the attention, so it’s difficult for me to handle that,” he said. “I’d rather not. That’s the hardest part about (coaching changes). All those guys, they’re friends of mine, and they’ll continue to be friends. Once you get to the business part of it, you’d like to get through it as quick as possible, so you can get to the football part.”

Anything I should sell him on?

ForumRunner_20141221_133530.png

What a small world. You've got to take this opportunity. See if you can get a LGO chant going!

I missed my window, went to the bar at halftime, came back to my seat and Jake P. was no where to be found.

Looking at Bob A's twitter account, it looks like he was maybe two sections away.

Jake was in section 103 and Bob A. was two or three sections over in 148-149.

I wonder if they hooked up at halftime.

1.png

EDIT: maybe Bob A was in 248-249, hard to tell from the twitter photo.

Last edited:
So, Pickard and Acosta were both at the Jets' game today? Wonder if they just happened to "bump" into each other some time during the game...:cool:

Am I the only one that finds it odd that Pickard is not listed as a commit on skout under Wisky .. and if you check the NJ page for HS ball he is shown as uncommitted ... normally I would say slow on updates but they had an RB from Texas commit just over a week ago and he is listed ... things that make you go hmmmmmm

Am I the only one that finds it odd that Pickard is not listed as a commit on skout under Wisky .. and if you check the NJ page for HS ball he is shown as uncommitted ... normally I would say slow on updates but they had an RB from Texas commit just over a week ago and he is listed ... things that make you go hmmmmmm

He's on their commit list as a soft verbal, he's at the bottom of the list. They reclassify any committed prospect who visits another school as a soft verbal.