Class of 2018 - TE Judge Culpepper (FL) Penn St/Transferring to Toledo | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 TE Judge Culpepper (FL) Penn St/Transferring to Toledo

So he demonstrated the proper dedication as far back as high school?

He demonstrated the ability to grow between the ages of 16 and 18 like most kids do. Point was that most people see tight end and think 6’3 to 6’4 220, he was 6’4 260-270 when he stepped foot on PSU’s campus.

Last edited:
He demonstrated the ability to grow between the ages of 16 and 18 like most kids do. Point was that most people see tight end and think 6’3 to 6’4 220, he was 6’4 260-270 when he stepped foot on PSU’s campus.
Thank you for the clarification. My sarcastic comment that played off of a long standing and well known board joke needed it.

Wow. Really wonder what the rationale is here. By all accounts he was slated to be part of the DL regular rotation at PSU next year. I wonder if this is a case of grabbing a chair before the music stops.

Should we criticize the staff now. A position of need. A prior relationship. Brother on the team and he goes to Toledo. What does that say about the staff and the program at this point.

Should we criticize the staff now. A position of need. A prior relationship. Brother on the team and he goes to Toledo. What does that say about the staff and the program at this point.
Angry,
We assume this will spark rage in your heart, but we don't know any of the factors behind this. Therefore, no conclusions can be drawn.

That’s fine. However as a fan and alumni I have issues with a program that has five winning seasons in 20 years. I was a big supporter of DB when he was hired but it has not translated into success. This team needs assistance. Continuing to makes excuses for mediocrity does not help.

What does this have to do with Judge Culpepper? Do you know the situation? What his reasoning was? Why he went there? I have no idea if the staff or Judge was interested nor do you. His brother went here and is most likely all done at Syracuse, who cares?

Last edited:
Maybe it says nothing about the staff. Maybe is says something about the player. Something we'll probably never know.

Correct we don’t know. The only thing for sure is that he choose a G5 program in the Mac over an SU staff that had previously recruited him in a position of need.

Correct we don’t know. The only thing for sure is that he choose a G5 program in the Mac over an SU staff that had previously recruited him in a position of need.
My man, he could have went to many schools. He choose Toledo for a reason. His HS coach is at Toledo. It’s not because the staff’s bad efforts. When there is something that doesn’t make sense. It’s because of things that we don’t know and can’t see.

Last edited:
He chose a G5 school over the P5 school he was at and a whole bunch of other P5 schools. Is SU the only P5 school that could use a d-lineman? I doubt it.

You don't make sense.

My man, he could have went to many schools. He choose Toledo for a reason. He HS coach is at Toledo. It’s not because the staff. When there is something that doesn’t make sense. It’s because of things that we don’t know and can’t see.

There isn't confirmation anywhere that the staff was pursuing him out of the portal.

A poster posts that Culpepper is transferring.

Another poster thinks that because *he* thinks the staff should have pursued him and Culpepper chose to go to Toledo, that means he chose Toledo over SU and this staff.

Just another day at the office here...

Did you follow your brother everywhere he went in life? Geeeeez!

Maybe they didn’t pursue. It will be interesting if any nt get on campus before 1-20. That will be telling. And before someone says we have until the start of the season remember DB has continued to claim when not playing people they don’t know the system. We need transfer here for spring to learn the system.

There isn't confirmation anywhere that the staff was pursuing him out of the portal.

A poster posts that Culpepper is transferring.

Another poster thinks that because *he* thinks the staff should have pursued him and Culpepper chose to go to Toledo, that means he chose Toledo over SU and this staff.

Just another day at the office here...
The only confirmation I see is this post

Maybe they didn’t pursue. It will be interesting if any nt get on campus before 1-20. That will be telling. And before someone says we have until the start of the season remember DB has continued to claim when not playing people they don’t know the system. We need transfer here for spring to learn the system.

To be fair Babers has never really said the learning the system thing about defensive players, has he?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom