TE Landon Morris / Portal from Utah to Temple | Syracusefan.com

TE Landon Morris / Portal from Utah to Temple

Nice... I do not get why we even go for these athletic TE's. We don't use them all they have to do is look at the stats. Frankly I don't blame the kids.

TBH I’ve been surprised TE ever commit to cuse that are in more do the receiving tight end mold. Dino himself has said that they won’t get on the field if they can’t be trusted to block on the line.

Sounded like Moris expected to essentially be a slot receiver and didn’t want to compete based on his ability to block. If that’s the case, Smart of him to get out and find a better fit for him.

I Like the guys the team has, but not a good look to have a freshmen transfer and say recruiting pitch was a lie.

My dream of actually using the two athletic TEs Mahar, Morris was just that a dream...

Yeah, I’m not worried. Those saying “I know that a lack of throwing to the TE would bite us” might be jumping the shark a bit. He probably thought he’d get a free pass to starting and found out the two guys in front of him are better.

Good luck. FBS might be a good route.

Yeah, I’m not worried. Those saying “I know that a lack of throwing to the TE would bite us” might be jumping the shark a bit. He probably thought he’d get a free pass to starting and found out the two guys in front of him are better.

Good luck. FBS might be a good route.
He was already in FBS. Unless I’m misunderstanding.

We may not have a full tight end room but who we have are young and good.... even a receiving TE has to block inline sometimes. Morris isn't as big as Mang and Mahar and not as fast as Benson so it was hard seeing his fit...wish him the best going forward.

Mang, Mahar and Benson are plenty of 6’4” - 6’7” with plenty of speed. Not to mention we have recruited 5-6 receivers in the 6’3”-6’’6” range in the past 3 three classes.

We have plenty of receiving size, split out and in line.

Also, he didn’t know how he was going to be used, he was being started at the basics, because he is a freshman and it’s 5 seconds into his first camp, not even a season (as season he shouldn’t expect to play much anyways with Benson in front of him with insane speed and good experience)

Last edited:
Vibe from him? From where highlight videos?
Yes the videos. Seemed like he had longer routes 1:1 and jump balls. Also didn’t he nickname himself little megatron or something? Just my gut feeling. He’s also light for a TE if anywhere near his listed 210# from near his signing.

Okay. So this does mean that he will not be eligible for the 2021 season wherever he transfers, correct?

I’ll care more about this if halfway through the season we aren’t throwing or using the TE’s in the passing game. ESPECIALLY (yes, I’m yelling) when the defense is basically giving us the middle of the field and we don’t utilize it the entire game.

Until then, I don’t care and who knows what the deal is.

That sucks. Really thought he could help us long term. Interesting he waited until after camp started to enter the portal. Enrolled in January. You figure he would have been able to make the assessment after spring ball.
Know he wants to see if he can pick up with another school ASAP but will not be able to play until 2022. Missed the deadline for immediate eligibility.
The other negative is that this will probably hurt our recruiting for TE in the future. Really thought they were going in a different direction when they got him to commit. Guess not. Unfortunate because we really do not use our TE effectively in the passing game.
Interesting to see how TE will be used this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom