TE Pierce, great added weapon | Syracusefan.com

TE Pierce, great added weapon

My question is why did we wait till game 6 to integrate him into the offense
This was the first game where they used him as a heavy passing option from a play design perspective. In passing sets, he's mostly been used in protection up until now. Part of that inevitably comes from the nature of the play book, nearly all the route options come on reads, I think it's taken the staff this long to get comfortable enough to open that stuff up. Another thing is the protection itself, the run blocking is still a ways off, but the protection from the oline has steadily improved. If you can protect with 5 and run the delay with the running back it opens up the quick game alot, that's what we saw today.

Agree. He really opens things up for the running game and for Ishmael. Speaking of Ishmael, I'm surprised by how good he's been so far. He fell three yards short today of his 6th straight 100 yard game. I didn't think he could match AET's numbers but he's getting there.

Overall, we look much more poised and organized on both sides of the ball. The screen pass game is so much smoother. We're starting to see how this offense can really look when it's humming. We're still having trouble turning yards into points but as the ground game gets better, that will take care of itself.

He will be even better when our strength and conditioning staff gets a year to work with him. He was out of gas and could not finish an entire series. He was tapping his helmet to get off the field at times and had his hands in his hips after being on the field for 6 straight plays.

Hard to bring down. A lot of angry gamblers because he didn't score in the red zone.

Good reference. We should have yes, covered the 3.5 . I didnt bet it, thing is we actually started working on the clock most of the 4th quarter with a 7 pt lead . Zero killer instinct with a veteran qb.

If someone can emerge (or we can get a JUCO or GT) like AET next year, look out with Ravian in our arsenal.

Pierce was a beast carrying 2 or 3 guys with him before he was tackled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom