Class of 2015 - TE/WR Westerband "West" Lindor (MO) Verbal to Brown | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 TE/WR Westerband "West" Lindor (MO) Verbal to Brown

Jesus.

I cannot explain this commit. It confuses me a little as it does any of you. I'm try to make sense of it in my head. I'm still happy he's a part of the team now.

Don't ever look to me for answers regarding recruitment. Not that any of you needed to know that.

what is there to wrap your head about? the staff liked him, they offered, he accepted.

4125_large.png

lol....that is some very good chocolate

I still remember that outlet store in New Hampshire that was on Rt. 1 where you buy a bag for 10 bucks and you stuff it full...

Whitey23 said:
Who's dumped on him? Staff's are always right? We can't debate in a free open fan forum?

If he might read this you, as a fan might want to be a little more judicious in doling out disappointment after a commitment. Bam has shown that kids take and make these choices as the large life choices they are. I'm not saying we shouldn't question the staff - I'm just trying not to poop on a large decision by kid who deserves the benefit of the doubt in the moments after he chooses us.

what is there to wrap your head about? the staff liked him, they offered, he accepted.
And some are trying to analyze if that's a good thing. Not much of a deep thinker are you.

If he might read this you, as a fan might want to be a little more judicious in doling out disappointment after a commitment. Bam has shown that kids take and make these choices as the large life choices they are. I'm not saying we shouldn't question the staff - I'm just trying not to poop on a large decision by kid who deserves the benefit of the doubt in the moments after he chooses us.
There lies the balance. He's a public athlete and as fans we now can discuss his talent and if its worthy of a scholarship.

I don't see him on the offensive side of the ball. I think he goes to defense immiately. And it might not be in the secondary. Just my dumb guess.

I don't see him on the offensive side of the ball. I think he goes to defense immiately. And it might not be in the secondary. Just my dumb guess.
His tape just doesn't show the type of athleticism to compete at the upper echelons of the ACC. I'm puzzled why we're offering so many like there's a deadline at the end of July.

And some are trying to analyze if that's a good thing. Not much of a deep thinker are you.

yes and that part i fully agree with. what's so hard to pick up on?

His tape just doesn't show the type of athleticism to compete at the upper echelons of the ACC. I'm puzzled why we're offering so many like there's a deadline at the end of July.
Sorry but I think his tape was damn good actually. I thought it was the best of the 3 prospects that SU was considering. I think the staff took this committ because they think he's a really good player and I can see why.

How do you know he's not capable of playing "in the upper echelons of the ACC"? By watching his tape? Guess what... our coaches have seen him in person. Looked at his hands, watched exactly how he runs routes, goes up and gets the ball and lastly, can judge his character. All of these things you do not know about. The staff likes him, that should be enough to make everyone else satisfied. They did not want to wait any longer for a few other kids, but that doesn't mean they're being impatient. They may take more than one Y, and even if they don't, they were confident with this kid's talents. For the 1,000th time, a kid's offers DO NOT MATTER AT THIS POINT. Hell, we don't even know which offers are legit as players tend to exaggerate their own recruitments.

We all need to be happy we're picking up all of these kids so early. There's alot of time left and there will be kids that waver. OUR COACHES KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING. Trust me on that.

Sorry but I think his tape was damn good actually. I thought it was the best of the 3 prospects that SU was considering. I think the staff took this committ because they think he's a really good player and I can see why.
I guess we disagree. You agree with SU and Arkansas St, and I'll agree with the rest.

How do you know he's not capable of playing "in the upper echelons of the ACC"? By watching his tape? Guess what... our coaches have seen him in person. Looked at his hands, watched exactly how he runs routes, goes up and gets the ball and lastly, can judge his character. All of these things you do not know about. The staff likes him, that should be enough to make everyone else satisfied. They did not want to wait any longer for a few other kids, but that doesn't mean they're being impatient. They may take more than one Y, and even if they don't, they were confident with this kid's talents. For the 1,000th time, a kid's offers DO NOT MATTER AT THIS POINT. Hell, we don't even know which offers are legit as players tend to exaggerate their own recruitments.

We all need to be happy we're picking up all of these kids so early. There's alot of time left and there will be kids that waver. OUR COACHES KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING. Trust me on that.
It does matter because much of evaluation has already happened. Of course some may pick up a few more. I look at both talent AND offers they are not mutually exclusive. I've have evaluated SU talent for about 30 yrs. Huge fan.
Recruiting is not a speed sport. There is no rush to fill every last spot in July of the year prior to enrollment. There is a correlation between top team offers and their talent. Just look at the thousands of tape of the top talents and those without offers. There is a difference. I will never blindly be a fan boy of any team without critically analyzing their moves. Some I like, many I don't. Congrats on finding the caps button.

Sudano said:
There lies the balance. He's a public athlete and as fans we now can discuss his talent and if its worthy of a scholarship.

Huh? No one is saying you can't. Just try to remember that there's an actual human being attached to the scholarship. Today is a big day for a high school junior making a huge life choice.

Our coaches believe in him and you don't believe in the coaches - we get that you've been crystal clear about that for months.

It does matter because much of evaluation has already happened. Of course some may pick up a few more. I look at both talent AND offers they are not mutually exclusive. I've have evaluated SU talent for about 30 yrs. Huge fan.
Recruiting is not a speed sport. There is no rush to fill every last spot in July of the year prior to enrollment. There is a correlation between top team offers and their talent. Just look at the thousands of tape of the top talents and those without offers. There is a difference. I will never blindly be a fan boy of any team without critically analyzing their moves. Some I like, many I don't. Congrats on finding the caps button.
Are you saying that as a fan for 30 years, you know more than the coaches that do it for a living. I doubt that you do. I have no idea whether this kid is good or he isn't. But there is a reason we have 22 kids by mid July. Time will tell if they were good recruits. But not one kid in this class is a plan B recruit.

Again, how do you know which offers that a kid claims are legit? No one can. Verbal offers are garbage. Teams don't start sending out written offers until the fall. Those are the only ones that matter. Coaches are all crowding the "top 300" kids right now; that is not how our staff is going to do it. The bigger schools will send out offers to our commits after they continue to miss out on the higher "ranked" kids according to the sites. I will almost guarantee that happens, it does every year.

CAPS.

Are you saying that as a fan for 30 years, you know more than the coaches that do it for a living. I doubt that you do. I have no idea whether this kid is good or he isn't. But there is a reason we have 22 kids by mid July. Time will tell if they were good recruits. But not one kid in this class is a plan B recruit.

If we are being accurate this kid is, albeit by our own choosing.

last week it was the App. St. and Marshall hating on why they even dared to offer one of our commits,this week it is Arkansas St.

are all those teams in the same conference? vast small school conspiracy before Feb.

But not one kid in this class is a plan B recruit.

And you know this how? The cycle time on recruiting has sped up dramatically, and we have lost out on recruits this year.

For those of us that follow recruiting closely, we know that the staff has been heavily recruiting Alex Parkinson for months for the Y role. To have a commit spring up for that role more or less out of the blue, it does beg questions and there's nothing wrong with that. I found it puzzling because I really thought we were waiting on Parkinson and I'm entitled to my opinion. That's no slight on West Lindor.

I don't know if he'll be a WR/TE/SS-OLB Hybrid or what, but I want this kid on my team. Kid goes up for the ball just as good as anyone and hits just as hard as ANYBODY we've signed so far...not convinced this takes Parkinson's spot either, but I'm sure others know more on that than me.

Bottom line is this kids an athlete and he'll fit in just fine up on the hill. Welcome aboard West!

I don't know if he'll be a WR/TE/SS-OLB Hybrid or what, but I want this kid on my team. Kid goes up for the ball just as good as anyone and hits just as hard as ANYBODY we've signed so far...not convinced this takes Parkinson's spot either, but I'm sure others know more on that than me.

Bottom line is this kids an athlete and he'll fit in just fine up on the hill. Welcome aboard West!
He took Parkinson's spot, and he'll be a WR/TE hybrid.

As it has been said many times, as well as by a few on this thread, I will take the evaluations of this staff over any fans' evaluation of "the tape."

I feel like Cohen has hijacked a bunch of users' accounts on this thread.

The staff is getting the athletes they want committed early. When many of these players blow up their senior year, we will be praising this staff for being on them early. And in regard to your "others are not on them, so I'm right" line of reasoning, please refer to the Jones brothers, mr Bromley, Nassib, etc. Football recruiting is an inexact science, it is not like hoops, where you have years of all star club teams to better evaluate talent. In football, you need to anticipate how they will mature physically, and compare them against widely varied competition.

Without reservation, I trust our evaluators. Welcome to the northeast West!

This post got a literal laugh out loud from me... you've evaluated SU talent for 30 years. You are a huge fan. Your credentials are overwhelming... I'm sure all of this is of course done from the comfort of your own home. Alone.