Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft

Hey guys just a random thought but should we use the syracusefan facebook page for this ? Just thinking it might be easier for alerts when a pick has been submitted? I can't use tapatalk as my phone is setup for my work and I had to remove certain apps.

I already spend all day at work on this site, now you want me to add facebook to it too?! lol

I already spend all day at work on this site, now you want me to add facebook to it too?! lol
Lol I just re read IO's note about sending reminders as I missed that part.. too busy thinking about my team haha.. so deleted my post.

I was the only 1 of my friends to get this game when it came out. came out in '91 when I was 12. my friend had the original tecmo bowl and we played that a lot, to say we wore out tecmo super bowl is an understatement. easily the greatest sports game ever.

honestly 1 of my fondest childhood memories was playing against my friends older brother, was losing and literally last play of game I sack him and return the fumble for the game winning td. it was bedlam!

I was the only 1 of my friends to get this game when it came out. came out in '91 when I was 12. my friend had the original tecmo bowl and we played that a lot, to say we wore out tecmo super bowl is an understatement. easily the greatest sports game ever.

honestly 1 of my fondest childhood memories was playing against my friends older brother, was losing and literally last play of game I sack him and return the fumble for the game winning td. it was bedlam!

Those are the ultimate moments.. when there moment of relief of winning is crushed by a last second devastating score.

Lol I just re read IO's note about sending reminders as I missed that part.. too busy thinking about my team haha.. so deleted my post.
Sorry, I couldn't do it on facebook. Boycotting it for the most part, but if everyone else wanted to, I don't mind someone taking my slot if it was on facebook.

Sorry, I couldn't do it on facebook. Boycotting it for the most part, but if everyone else wanted to, I don't mind someone taking my slot if it was on facebook.

if IO is sending reminders I am all good.. typically only use facebook for reminder based things.. parties, reunions, weekend hoops league.. etc. I am with you though prefer not .. just is handy once and a while. But I am good with reminders being sent.. and who am I kidding I am on here 4 hours a day anyways...

IO, posted this before and I love this shirt.
Z

Those are the ultimate moments.. when there moment of relief of winning is crushed by a last second devastating score.
A few of my posse would have slammed their controller on that one.
Most humiliating, is have you ever "stomped" a human player or "popcorned" them?
You know, the Okoye move against a human player? It was beyond embarrassing.

IO doesn't do facebook anyway. Syracusefan.com is my only online social network.

Man, I'd be lost without facebook lol. I would have to spend way to much time trying to stay in touch with family. With facebook, I can just post pictures, and status updates. Thats normally enough for everyone back home to know 1. I'm still alive 2. the wife hasent left me yet and 3. for my gramma, I'm eating enough food

if IO is sending reminders I am all good.. typically only use facebook for reminder based things.. parties, reunions, weekend hoops league.. etc. I am with you though prefer not .. just is handy once and a while. But I am good with reminders being sent.. and who am I kidding I am on here 4 hours a day anyways...
My only gig on facebook is for business networking. Otherwise, would have deactivated it a long time ago (already did that once!). I still don't get linked in. Absosmurfly useless for networking, but fb is not bad for that.

I just PM'd folks on here. I'm not assuming everybody can sit on this site while working all day like I do so the party starts when it starts. Once the picks start rolling it won't matter because there will be a ton of back and forth banter after the picks.

On that note, is everyone ok with posting their picks in bold print to make it easier for those browsing throw to see who's off the board?

Ok so 8 teams.. 12 picks per team... not to change anything but maybe add some stakes... what if everyone was to submit a pre-ordained ranking... 96 points for the first player down to one for the last. Each player gets an average score based upon all our rankings and the team with the highest score at the end wins? Or rank the top 150 players ? Just trying to think of a fun quantitative angle to this besides just looking at the stacked teams... I know asking waaay too much consider all of us our busy enough..

Man, I'd be lost without facebook lol. I would have to spend way to much time trying to stay in touch with family. With facebook, I can just post pictures, and status updates. Thats normally enough for everyone back home to know 1. I'm still alive 2. the wife hasent left me yet and 3. for my gramma, I'm eating enough food

IO doesn't live in Alaska either... although if he did he would consider himself an elitest and too good to talk to lower 48 staters.

Ok so 8 teams.. 12 picks per team... not to change anything but maybe add some stakes... what if everyone was to submit a pre-ordained ranking... 96 points for the first player down to one for the last. Each player gets an average score based upon all our rankings and the team with the highest score at the end wins? Or rank the top 150 players ? Just trying to think of a fun quantitative angle to this besides just looking at the stacked teams... I know asking waaay too much consider all of us our busy enough..

There are ranking sites out there. Will post some and we can decide which we want to use after the fact. I breifly browsed one last week which is what gave me the idea for this. Luckily I have the memory of a walnut and enough self control to not go back and look again.

How bad do you guys want to play this game right now?
Alsacs, about the mime encoding, I wrote a base64 mime encoder/decoder a long while ago....
Now, when I see that, I just see a lady in red. ;)
MatrixCode.gif

How bad do you guys want to play this game right now?
Alsacs, about the mime encoding, I wrote a base64 mime encoder/decoder a long while ago....
Now, when I see that, I just see a lady in red. ;)
MatrixCode.gif
I have the old NES game, but had to get NES emulator for my labtop just so I could play it whenever I travel or am bored. I am in week 2 on my labtop right now with New England Patriots against the Cleveland Browns.

There are ranking sites out there. Will post some and we can decide which we want to use after the fact. I breifly browsed one last week which is what gave me the idea for this. Luckily I have the memory of a walnut and enough self control to not go back and look again.

Lol - that sounds good to me... I trust you.. I am the same way..

Lol - that sounds good to me... I trust you.. I am the same way..

I mean if somebody really wanted to cheat in this draft what can you really do? Makes it a bit pointless though to be quite honest. The fun is seeing who I remember as being good, and potentially being told otherwise by those on this board with better memories than myself after the fact.

The picture was suppose to be the Bo Jackson Keep Calm Zigzag t-shirt that you posted before IO.

One of the more underrated aspects of the game(also frustrating) is when a big DL recovers a fumble and people try to tackle him and the offensive players bounce off the DL a la Bo Jackson style, and the only way to tackle them is too dive and make contact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom