Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Tecmo Super Bowl Fanstasy draft

One of the more underrated aspects of the game(also frustrating) is when a big DL recovers a fumble and people try to tackle him and the offensive players bounce off the DL a la Bo Jackson style, and the only to tackle them is too dive and make contact.
Yeah, absolutely. The "dive" timing was critical. Also, useful when you guessed the play wrong and had to gamble on the tackle when facing multiple blockers.

Yeah, absolutely. The "dive" timing was critical. Also, useful when you guessed the play wrong and had to gamble on the tackle when facing multiple blockers.
The "dive" was the only way to make tackles when you guessed wrong and had to make a tackle. Especially when I played against friends with no being a LB/DL rule.

eighties-nineties-nostalgia-photos-4.jpg

Alright, I'm trying the Bo 1000 yard experiment. Worst rush defense in the game? I'm guessing both Indy and NE were bad back then.

Alright, I'm trying the Bo 1000 yard experiment. Worst rush defense in the game? I'm guessing both Indy and NE were bad back then.
The worst defense is the Patriots and I am a Pats fan. The team I did the 1000 yd Bo Jackson feast against was week 3 against the Colts.

The worst defense is the Patriots and I am a Pats fan. The team I did the 1000 yd Bo Jackson feast against was week 3 against the Colts.
Dang, already started against Colts, but might switch.
2nd down and 67 yards to go! ;)

Keep zigzaging and onside kicking and its doable.
Yup, I realized two things: have to onside every time, and since Pats plays stink, easier to get the ball back than against Colts.

Yup, I realized two things: have to onside every time, and since Pats plays stink, easier to get the ball back than against Colts.
I figured the exact amount of power Jaeger(I would always say bartender Jager when I used him) has to use to recover the onside kick each time. It works if you find that amount and consistently onside kick after scoring on 1 play. If you have to play defense you have no chance.

I figured the exact amount of power Jaeger(I would always say bartender Jager when I used him) has to use to recover the onside kick each time. It works if you find that amount and consistently onside kick after scoring on 1 play. If you have to play defense you have no chance.
Yeah, I blew it. Had close to 400 yards at the half, onside skills sucked, then I safetied myself getting too cute with the QB going backwards passed the 1 yard line. I think I did it once, but I must improve my onside skills to get Bo more touches.

Only plus was that I got the ball to start the 2nd half, but messed it up with safety.

Yeah, I blew it. Had close to 400 yards at the half, onside skills sucked, then I safetied myself getting too cute with the QB going backwards passed the 1 yard line. I think I did it once, but I must improve my onside skills to get Bo more touches.

Only plus was that I got the ball to start the 2nd half, but messed it up with safety.
Yeah its not easy, but is just an awesome accomplishment to get 1000 yards in ONE game. I could never keep that pace up I got over 10k rushing yards in one season with Bo Jackson though. An average of 649 yards a game. I also had got over 5k receiving and 5k rushing for David Meggett in 1 season that was another fun challenge I achieved.

Yeah its not easy, but is just an awesome accomplishment to get 1000 yards in ONE game. I could never keep that pace up I got over 10k rushing yards in one season with Bo Jackson though. An average of 649 yards a game. I also had got over 5k receiving and 5k rushing for David Meggett in 1 season that was another fun challenge I achieved.
There's some cap on max yards for these anyway. I thought maybe 8000 for rushing yards.
The idea is, you want to be just below the cap before a game so you can get 8,099 yards, etc.
I forgot what the max vals are though.

There's some cap on max yards for these anyway. I thought maybe 8000 for rushing yards.
The idea is, you want to be just below the cap before a game so you can get 8,099 yards, etc.
I forgot what the max vals are though.
I don't believe there is a cap I averaged 649 yds per game with Bo once, and I will do the Bo Jackson 1000 yd in a single game again and screen shot it.

Not one onside won. Not one!
849 yards. Bo was frikkin dancing out there.
I got this once I get a few onsides won. FUDGE!

View attachment 3526

I'm pretty sure BO is somehow short for Bill Brasky.

So who's starting the tecmo stats thread? I can't onsides kick every time but i'm down for returning kicks to my 1 yard line as I've honestly never done it. My goal in life was max PPG/most sacks in that game.

We should all run concurrent seasons with the same team and post results. I cant screen shot but I'm not sure I'm on your level as far as stats go anyway.

I'm pretty sure BO is somehow short for Bill Brasky.

So who's starting the tecmo stats thread? I can't onsides kick every time but i'm down for returning kicks to my 1 yard line as I've honestly never done it. My goal in life was max PPG/most sacks in that game.

We should all run concurrent seasons with the same team and post results. I cant screen shot but I'm not sure I'm on your level as far as stats go anyway.
I'm getting much better at onsides, but now I have sega blisters. It's almost like how they get all burned out at homerun derbies.
God dang, I was close! If they guess your plays too many times, or get a drive with a few first downs, you're done. No matter how well you've mastered the zig zag or weave.

I am officially the biggest loser of all time.

Whoever this is, has the filthy skills.

I'm getting much better at onsides, but now I have sega blisters. It's almost like how they get all burned out at homerun derbies.
God dang, I was close! If they guess your plays too many times, or get a drive with a few first downs, you're done. No matter how well you've mastered the zig zag or weave.

I am officially the biggest loser of all time.

Really? What year did you attend Georgetown?

View attachment 3528 Done and done.
11 touchdowns, and capped at 999. I went way over 999 as 11th touchdown was a 99 yarder. In fact, all were 95 plus.
That was ridiculously hard! Not one big play given up and many onsides recovered.
Yeah the glitch is you can't get over 99 points or 999 yds. But Congrats that is awesome how fast you got that done.

Yeah the glitch is you can't get over 99 points or 999 yds. But Congrats that is awesome how fast you got that done.
Thanks, man. I might not ever try that again!
I did it once before, but pretty sure I used to be better at onside. Sometimes, even when I got it perfect to zero% on kick meter, cpu would get it right away, without it bouncing.
Rough!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom