Class of 2015 - Ted Kapita | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Ted Kapita

Orangesoulja-

I'm not Francis (not close) but I live in the area and have seen Kapita play about 10 times over the past 2 seasons.

He is a legit 6-9 and is not thin, he has a large frame and is strong and adding muscle. He scores mostly on dunks and put backs but has some strong post moves as well. Good athlete with good footwork. His school has had 5 or 6 high d1 kids over the last 7 years so these coaches know what they are doing too. Ted has improved year to year and I expect he will improve more.

I saw his final game this year and Ted had 34 and 18 against a 7 footer who is headed to UCLA. Ted dominated him.

I think the SU player that Ted reminds me most of is Rak Christmas. He's a 5, not mobile enough to play a 4 in our zone. He's not huge for a 5, but big enough.

FYI, As I understand it, Ted is from Africa and has not played basketball for more than a few years. Potentially much more room before he hits his ceiling.

Also FYI, his team has a 6'3" 2 guard who is also a high d1 kid and a junior. Reminds me of Cooney (no he's not white), similar game, excellent shooter, but strong to the basket, with enough of a handle to hold his own. Maybe not as athletic as Cooney. Name is Julius Johnson, watch for him.

Florange44

Orangesoulja-

I'm not Francis (not close) but I live in the area and have seen Kapita play about 10 times over the past 2 seasons.

He is a legit 6-9 and is not thin, he has a large frame and is strong and adding muscle. He scores mostly on dunks and put backs but has some strong post moves as well. Good athlete with good footwork. His school has had 5 or 6 high d1 kids over the last 7 years so these coaches know what they are doing too. Ted has improved year to year and I expect he will improve more.

I saw his final game this year and Ted had 34 and 18 against a 7 footer who is headed to UCLA. Ted dominated him.

I think the SU player that Ted reminds me most of is Rak Christmas. He's a 5, not mobile enough to play a 4 in our zone. He's not huge for a 5, but big enough.

FYI, As I understand it, Ted is from Africa and has not played basketball for more than a few years. Potentially much more room before he hits his ceiling.

Also FYI, his team has a 6'3" 2 guard who is also a high d1 kid and a junior. Reminds me of Cooney (no he's not white), similar game, excellent shooter, but strong to the basket, with enough of a handle to hold his own. Maybe not as athletic as Cooney. Name is Julius Johnson, watch for him.

Florange44

Thanks for the scouting report, Florange! Always love seeing first hand perspectives on these prospects--so much more informative than generic write-ups.

Quick question for you: okay, so if he's a 5, how is his shot blocking?

Quick question for you: okay, so if he's a 5, how is his shot blocking?[/quote]

RF-
I consider his shot blocking to be average for someone his size. My opinion, he's not a quick leaper. He can jump but it takes time to gather himself. As a result, I don't think he'll be as good a shot blocker as Rak. Of course against typical high school competition, he has plenty of blocks, but that doesn't mean much, everything will change when he starts playing against comparable players. Average shot blocker, better than average scorer, better than average rebounder, better than average speed (all relative to ACC bigs)

Florange44

Not to take anything away from the kid but isn't this a sign that the staff is not too hot on our chances to get Diagne or Bryant to commit for 2015?

Quick question for you: okay, so if he's a 5, how is his shot blocking?

RF-
I consider his shot blocking to be average for someone his size. My opinion, he's not a quick leaper. He can jump but it takes time to gather himself. As a result, I don't think he'll be as good a shot blocker as Rak. Of course against typical high school competition, he has plenty of blocks, but that doesn't mean much, everything will change when he starts playing against comparable players. Average shot blocker, better than average scorer, better than average rebounder, better than average speed (all relative to ACC bigs)

Florange44[/quote]

Thanks again, Florange44. Great info!

6-9 big man free rivals article said we offered. Got any scoop on him, Francis? Game sounds kinda like Silva's?
Don't know much about him, but from the articles I've read it seems like UF has the advantage here in the early goings.

Not to take anything away from the kid but isn't this a sign that the staff is not too hot on our chances to get Diagne or Bryant to commit for 2015?
Wouldn't say that. The staff always has to keep their options open. Both Bryant and Diagne plan to visit other schools and do their due diligence before deciding.

Don't know much about him, but from the articles I've read it seems like UF has the advantage here in the early goings.

Francis-
The word around town is that Florida is right up there. His high school has sent a few players to UF including Will Yuguette and Walter Hodge from a few years ago. However, they've sent kids to Kansas, Texas, Arizona St also so I don't think Florida is a done deal. The school seems do a good job finding the right situation for their kids.

Florange44

Francis-
The word around town is that Florida is right up there. His high school has sent a few players to UF including Will Yuguette and Walter Hodge from a few years ago. However, they've sent kids to Kansas, Texas, Arizona St also so I don't think Florida is a done deal. The school seems do a good job finding the right situation for their kids.

Florange44
Thanks for the info. Are there any full games of his online that I can check out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom