Tell me why Dino stays? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Tell me why Dino stays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another scrub. He’s been awful the entire time he’s been here. These kids are always getting injured, he clearly didn’t help with any nutritional information (ask Mikel Jones) and is just a meathead. The whole thing is broken with this program especially with this clown

#HireWillHicks!!!!

I understand the portal etc. But we will be horrible next year. It’s almost a guarantee. We don’t have a foundation to build on and we’re not swapping the entire team out with portal players. Obviously no way to truly know until we play it out, but it’s pretty apparent.

You have to understand, we need a QB (or two) a RB, an entire set of WRs, a pass rusher (or two), a defensive backfield, probably a linebacker. I mean, we need a new team.

We had questions up and down the roster this year and, ridiculously, several on here thought they’d all been solved but as we can see, almost equally ridiculously, Dino hadn’t really solved any of them, which is freaking hard to do!

We’re not magically plucking a new roster out of the portal. A player here and there? Maybe. We’re getting scraps not Joe Burrow. With players coming to Cuse, they’re trading down not up. Nobody looking to improve their stock is coming to Cuse. They are trying to resurrect non existent careers. That’s the difference. It’s the reason we got “SEC” quarterbacks. What does that even mean? They’re absolutely terrible. They aren’t “SEC” QBs because they’ve sitting the bench for a horrific SU team and can’t even throw a forward pass.

No my friend, we will not be good next year. This whole thing is another “rebuild”. I hate it too. I want us to win immediately. I just don’t see it.
I can't think of a more accurate post.

Did you read the post I responded to? That was what it had to do with. And of course just hiring alums would be a terrible idea. But which of the hires haven't you liked? They all look pretty good to me.
It's a forum. Don't expect me to do anything logical ;)

I'm not sure about GG, though I really hope I'm wrong.

He should have spent the last 2 weeks getting one of the back up QBs up to speed instead of installing this gimmick O.

I sure hope so.
Well didn't Bullock donate a lot a few years back? And he was pretty vocal

Pretty sure if I threw a few mil to the football program and saw that I'd be miffed too

He has been given every opportunity, resource, dollar, whatever you wanna call it and he still sucks. Going .500 or worse is really not that hard when you play 3 cupcake games to start the year. Stop overthinking this SU. The guy is a bum
He lost his fire when the guy who was really bringing the energy left in 2018

Usually I’m in favor of giving a coach enough time to prove himself and to find his groove. But it’s been eight years. If Dino was going to turn it around, it would have already happened. It’s enough.

Either announce tomorrow morning that he is out after the Wake game or announce it after the Wake game. But there’s no reason to be excited about ‘24 and thereafter if he stays.

As I’ve mentioned before, the ‘24 schedule is not too tough. Good time to break in a new coach.

Ah, you think!? We are now only 5 plus years past his; “3rd year, 4th game” crock of chit!

With the current coaching staff. You’re not very good at this are you.

Again, have you followed CFB in the last two years?
I understand what you’re saying. Not at Syracuse. If you think the portal is going to turn this around in a years time, then you haven’t been watching Syracuse. I read your posts, so I know you’re well aware. All I’m saying is that this is a BIG uphill climb. More than the portal can solve. We will not be good next year. Book it. Doesn’t mean it can’t be turned around somehow, sometime sooner than later hopefully. But, no, those who point to the portal and other teams around college football will be disappointed I’m afraid. Not that I don’t want that, and not that I don’t think another coach can’t give us a boost, but we’re in for a long slog as Cuse fans. That’s all I’m saying. I think it’s going to get worse before it gets better.

There are a multitude of issues but the two most glaring
The penalties. One of the most penalized teams every year. Lack of discipline.
And
Really poor game decisions. The most recent was attempting a 50 yard field goal by a kicker that hasn’t kicked one all season and almost shanked his first attempt.
These are constants with DB and are only getting worse.
A change needs to occur. Otherwise you may not sell more than 1,000 season tickets to the real fans next year not the ticket brokers.

We hear injuries, injuries, injuries.
But why don’t top programs have injury problems?

FSU’s QB had a horrific leg injury, but they hung up 56 points. Yes, not against a top 10 team.
Arch Manning is keeping quiet, but he’s #3 on the depth chart. Georgia has an endless well of OL.
And our QB room would pale to my high school right now.

FSU, Texas, Georgia. That's funny.

In the portal era it's not a given that we're terrible, especially since we have a creamy soft schedule next season.

A new coach can come in, retain some talent, attract some new talent, and win some football games.
A lot of focus on soft cream on this board lately..

Outside of villari lequint and maybe Wax (I’m already assuming OG would be gone in this hypothetical with a new QB / coach), do we really need to lose sleep over any other departures from this roster??

We had a lot of guys portal in, so in their case I assume they're stuck. Which is nice.

So far 1-3 through the easiest remaining schedule in P5.

Oh wait, we’re supposed to give reasons why he should stay?

There are a multitude of issues but the two most glaring
The penalties. One of the most penalized teams every year. Lack of discipline.
And
Really poor game decisions. The most recent was attempting a 50 yard field goal by a kicker that hasn’t kicked one all season and almost shanked his first attempt.
These are constants with DB and are only getting worse.
A change needs to occur. Otherwise you may not sell more than 1,000 season tickets to the real fans next year not the ticket brokers.
We were 108th in penalties before yesterday's game at 7 a game and had 12 yesterday. Dino scoffed a couple weeks ago when Emily asked him about discipline. So frustrating.

We were 108th in penalties before yesterday's game at 7 a game and had 12 yesterday. Dino scoffed a couple weeks ago when Emily asked him about discipline. So frustrating.
It's not just lack of discipline. It's lack of football IQ. Cases in point: In the 4th quarter, a defensive player gets caught off sides after jumping around like a freaking lunatic. That's not lack of discipline, it's lack fo football IQ. In the 4th quarter, a DB gets called for something and he's smirking and smiling. Again, just dumb. SU needs a serious roster cleansing.

Last edited:
Here is my problem with retaining Dino, there is no upside, if you want to keep a coach who makes lousy in game decisions, pisses off former players, takes no accountability, can’t recruit, highly penalized teams, can’t manage his roster, isn’t active in the community, and is a poor game planner then we deserve this crap. At least he runs a clean program, not even sure what that means anymore. I haven’t been to a home football game in over 4 years, partially because I’m busy but honestly I don’t care if I watch anymore. We beat lousy teams but can’t compete in the ACC, Keeping Dino is keeping the status quo and the status quo sucks. JW and the board would be straight up idiots to keep him

Even with the injuries if not for a missed field goal
( horrible call not to go for it)
And missed extra point plus a fumble on the second half kickoff we win this game.
Bob Ligashesky has been nothing special as ST coach. We can and should do much better on ST.

Hes been better than the prior 3 coaches… Im sure theres some better coaches out there but Jason Beck is seen as up and comer and Rocky Long is a legend. So, what is wrong with the staff?

Do you fire him if we beat Wake next week? Are we going to do better?
Quantify "better"?
"Better recruiter"?
Or "better record"?
"Better game/clock manager"?

Or "better" = "more hope every year before November 1" ?

“He’s a great ambassador to the program, the media loves him!” Dino is by all accounts a great human being, unfortunately for him that doesn’t help him win football games and isn’t in the job description of being a head coach. Give me a slimeball over a nice guy if the slimeball can win games.
Don't cry for Dino. If [when] he gets pink slipped, he could be a star on TV as an "analyst". Remember, Lee Corso was a loser as a coach. Dick Vitale failed in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseAlum07

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom