Terrel Hunt | Syracusefan.com

Terrel Hunt

Moontan

2017 ESPN College Bowl Pick’em Winner
Should be benched for the 1st quarter of the next game.

Most likely suspended by the ACC for the next game.

Wish they would suspend our offensive line.

Hunt what a let down by our "captain"
He was not voted a captain. Why does half our board not get that?

Also anybody think immaturity is why the guys didn't vote Hunt a captain?

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me , but it appeared to me that the Villanova player was trying to force Hunt's helmet off after they hit the ground , in a display of poor sportsmanship. That is what elicited the muted reaction.

I don't understand you guys. Maybe I have an insatiable appetite for violence because the only reason I think Hunt should have been ejected is "Letter of the Law" otherwise, 15 yard penalty and move on. Certainly not an extra game suspension. When did half our fanbase become so uptight? You act like he pulled our a blade and shanked the dude.

longislandcuse said:
I don't understand you guys. Maybe I have an insatiable appetite for violence because the only reason I think Hunt should have been ejected is "Letter of the Law" otherwise, 15 yard penalty and move on. Certainly not an extra game suspension. When did half our fanbase become so uptight? You act like he pulled our a blade and shanked the dude.

It wasn't the worst thing I've seen but it's something you clearly cannot do. There will be some type of small suspension per ACC and Shafer so not worth our to lime to decide it or judge the result.

What I would like to hear is that Hunt takes it upon himself to apologize to each coach and player. He let them down, he's in a position where that can't happen. Team threw him a lifeline to keep the record where it's supposed to be.

thank God I am not the only 1 who thinks this

Agree completely. He was wrong, he was punished, he apologized (and yes, he's a kid who will learn from it just like we all did when we were 20)- it's enough already, people. Say a few Our Fathers and Hail Marys and call it a day. I really don't understand all the piety by some here.

Let's Go Orange!!!

Nobody's saying he shanked a dude, but nobody was shanking Hunt either. Please tell me this isn't the first time Hunt's heard any garbage on the field or had a little extra shot in a pile either. If any other position player on the field gets tossed, probably not so bad and certainly more easily replaced. Coming from your starting QB in a tight game, unacceptable, even if he didn't land a very good punch. The QB position is all about good judgement and that is the opposite of what Hunt showed. Frankly, his physical attributes are not exceptional enough to make up for bad judgement to boot.

He should be suspended for the CMU game, even if it puts us at a disadvantage. The Villanova game was bad enough, if the staff gives him a pass on that BS then that makes me question the staff even more than the Villanova game.

What many of you "he was just reacting to what happened to him" crowd are missing is the message sent to the rest of the team by not suspending him - that if you do this crap you'll get in trouble from the refs but we as the staff will give you a pass. That's as unacceptable as what Hunt did. This isn't about Terrel Hunt - it's about the team. If you guys want to send the message to the entire team that the there are no repercussions from the staff for making a decision like that - then that's your prerogative. Definitely not a team I want to be playing on.

He should be suspended for the CMU game, even if it puts us at a disadvantage. The Villanova game was bad enough, if the staff gives him a pass on that BS then that makes me question the staff even more than the Villanova game.

What many of you "he was just reacting to what happened to him" crowd are missing is the message sent to the rest of the team by not suspending him - that if you do this crap you'll get in trouble from the refs but we as the staff will give you a pass. That's as unacceptable as what Hunt did. This isn't about Terrel Hunt - it's about the team. If you guys want to send the message to the entire team that the there are no repercussions from the staff for making a decision like that - then that's your prerogative. Definitely not a team I want to be playing on.
Thank goodness you don't root for an SEC team or FSU. What was your stance on MCW after Lord and Taylor or numerous other bball character issues we've had? There's a reason we are a blue blood in CBB. It's not because we recruit saints.

From an article about Clemson
see Battle disciplined.

Atlantic Coast Conference Standard football rules said Battle will be suspended for one game and he was also ejected by referees at the game.

Did you miss Shafer's post game presser? he is not getting suspended.

Nuff said, end of discussion. Not only that, how can the ACC suspend him when the game was OOC.

I'm most offended that he used a bare hand to punch a helmet, even if it was his left.

And Bullough... And Joe Adam. Our schemes, strategy and play calling were all awful...but our o line was not physical at all...that is humiliating.
We ran a screen to PTG in the 4th that got blown up. The line was 2-3 yards from the play. They never got there...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom