Tex gives Yanks permission to trade him?? | Syracusefan.com

Tex gives Yanks permission to trade him??

CaliCuse

All American
It would be great if this were to happen. The $ saved between him and a couple others that have contracts expiring would give Cashman room to play in the FA market and take more chances with his up and coming kids in the farm.
http://yanksgoyard.com/2015/10/22/new-york-yankees-rumors-mark-teixeira-gives-yankees-the-ok-to-trade-him/ Sure I know that Tex has given the Yanks a big half season set of numbers but the Yankees do have Bird to step in.Bird has shown excellent defense and of course hi s bat and he should only get better. Next year I want to see Judge out in right field. This guy deserves an opportunity to show his stuff on both sides of the field meaning defense and his bat. The fans need to see youth coming in and making the stadium fun. The pitching is good and can get better with a little more time There are more pitchers that can help the team like Severino and they aren't that far away in time to get on the roster and contribute. The Yankees top draft choice is mature effective and will be given a chance this spring Onc Severino came up and spit in the face of those who said he was too young it has opened the door for the other to come.Kids like Rookie Davis. Clarkin will get their chance as soon as their numbers show they are ready. Its much more economical than buying geezers at a high price . On top of their age these guys want long contracts that we have all seen ties up money that prohibits moves. One rumored move I don't like is the trading of Bret Gardner. I like this home grown player.Sure he slipped like the rest of the team including high price Jacoby Ellsbury. Deadly is a first class disappointment with both glove and bat. Didi has turned out to be a good replacement for Derek. His bat came around and his glove as well. He should be far more relaxed this spring. Refsynder should get the first crack at second unless Cashman Effs up by spending big dollars for Murphy who won't payoff like they think in terms of production. I understand that Murphy has some extremely conservative views about gay marriage which could be polarizing in the clubhouse. It doesn't matter if anyone in there is directly influenced but these players may have close friends that are affected by society's closed minded thinking.

Look at the source of the rumor.

:rolling:

Nothing to see here...

The Yankees would have to eat a large majority of the contract.

Gee I love people with simple sense humor.

You're aware that the kid who sent out the tweet that your link is connected to is "0 for his lifetime" in predicting anything.

Probably explains why none of the regular Yankee beat writers from the Post, News, Times, Star-Ledger, LoHud Journal, ESPN, Yes Network, etc... paid any attention to it.

You're aware that the kid who sent out the tweet that your link is connected to is "0 for his lifetime" in predicting anything.

Probably explains why none of the regular Yankee beat writers from the Post, News, Times, Star-Ledger, LoHud Journal, ESPN, Yes Network, etc... paid any attention to it.
OK I got caught off base sorry. I thought it was interesting on first read and thought I would share. I goofed:bat:

The Yankees just have to take their medicine the next two seasons. Teixiera and Beltran are off of the books after 2016 and A-Rod is done after 2017. All three of these guys were productive players last year, so it is not a nightmare. Girardi will have to be clever to get Greg Bird consistent playing time. Injuries are likely so I don't think it will be an issue. Hopefully the Yankees have learned a lesson about long contracts; although the Ellsbury deal suggests otherwise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom