Texas, Oklahoma reach out to the SEC | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Texas, Oklahoma reach out to the SEC

Would need to think through TV contracts (current and future), expiration dates of current contracts and who the respective players are (e.g. ESPN, Fox).
Absolutely but having a conference that covers ~half the country, those are just logistical questions. The $ will be there if they chose to align themselves together. Everything else is “figuring it out” type of things. But it’s the type of decision I think the ACC especially needs to see if there’s potential for it to happen.

I doubt the ACC does anything other than call ND to make sure they know they can join at any time.

From a financial standpoint, they are the only school that makes sense.

There literally is nothing else unless Swafford left the new Commissioner a time machine and he can go back and get Penn State to the Big East and then bring them over with SU and Pitt in 2011.

Best thing the ACC can do is call ND and ask how can we make this work. Let them keep the ND deal, let them have some sort of other clause or what not but what can be done to get them in the fold.

Why not? Maryland announced in Nov, 2012 it was leaving the ACC effective the 2014-15 school year.

Because their not Maryland. And quite the opposite. You're trying to compare a school who left it's conference because it was dead broke to the richest school in the US. Take a lap.

There literally is nothing else unless Swafford left the new Commissioner a time machine and he can go back and get Penn State to the Big East and then bring them over with SU and Pitt in 2011.

Best thing the ACC can do is call ND and ask how can we make this work. Let them keep the ND deal, let them have some sort of other clause or what not but what can be done to get them in the fold.

Yup, need to get ND and I would even go hunting for Ok St. with West Virginia as a backup.

Also, I would be reaching out to A&M because there is no way they aren’t going to be bitter about this and THEY love playing Clemson.

could give them that game every year

On a scale of 10, what is the importance of these factors in the decision-making? There's obviously some overlap and I've put my ratings, based on what I've read here in parenthesis.

$$$$$ (10)
TV (9 on the way to 7?)
Streaming (7 on the way to 9?)
Football (9)
Basketball (3)
Other Sports (1)
Traditional rivalries (2)
What Kern Tips woulda thought (0)
Fans (1)
Players (1)
Fairness (0)
Logic (?)

Last edited:
On a scale of 10, what is the importance of these factors in the decision-making? There's obviously some overlap and I've put my ratings, based on what I've read here in parenthesis.

$$$$$ (10)
TV (9 on the way to 7?)
Streaming (7 on the way to 9?)
Football (9)
Basketball (3)
Other Sports (1)
Traditional rivalries (2)
Fans (1)
Players (1)
Fairness (0)
Logic (?)

Sad but true

WHEN players get a share of the conference revenue? (Very soon, I suspect) Much of this talk may not matter.

Let's say SEC players get $110k each. B10 get $100K. ACC players get $50K. Clemson going to stand for that? Heck no. The agreement they signed was for a system that has dissolved, and changed. The value of their brand will be caused massive monetary damage by the ACC. They, and others will sue to get out, as the terms have changed. The valuable brands get scoopped up, the less valuable get dropped. Thats what I expect.

I don’t quite understand the position most on this board take regarding WVU. I know there’s some bad blood. That’s what makes good rivals. I know their academics are not on par with some others. But… Louisville. I know they are not in the biggest market. But they have long standing brand equity nationally. And they’re right in the ACC’s back yard.

I get that’s it’s ND or no one. I understand that. I still don’t understand why WVU is not next in line for everyone.

I don’t quite understand the position most on this board take regarding WVU. I know there’s some bad blood. That’s what makes good rivals. I know their academics are not on par with some others. But… Louisville. I know they are not in the biggest market. But they have long standing brand equity nationally. And they’re right in the ACC’s back yard.

I get that’s it’s ND or no one. I understand that. I still don’t understand why WVU is not next in line for everyone.
WVU efffed with the ACC.
Badly.
They created their own Russian troll farm with posters trying to put fake news out that was anti-ACC because they were butthurt the ACC never wanted them.

WVU doesn’t deserve an ACC bailout.
Their fans and our fans got along but I want no part of them for the crap they pulled.

WVU is thought of highly by SU fans but ACC fans don’t feel the same way for the most part.

WVU efffed with the ACC.
Badly.
They created their own Russian troll farm with posters trying to put fake news out that was anti-ACC because they were butthurt the ACC never wanted them.

WVU doesn’t deserve an ACC bailout.
Their fans and our fans got along but I want no part of them for the crap they pulled.

WVU is thought of highly by SU fans but ACC fans don’t feel the same way for the most part.
I think lowly of WVU and I still want to punch Oliver Luck in his arrogant face

ACC/B10 need to be proactive and not sit and watch SEC make all the decision on conference realignments. They should be talking to each other now and saying F the SEC we’re going to make the 1st super conference now instead of playing catch up.

The minute the ACC schools start talking to the B1G, the more the B1G can gage who they can poach from the ACC. The B1G is in a position of power why would they want the ACC dead weight schools?

ACC schools that offer something to the B1G
Miami, FSU, GA Tech, Clemson, UNC, Duke, UVA, SU, BC

ACC schools they likely have no interest in
NC State, Wake, Louisville, VA Tech, Pitt

Same goes for the P12

Interest
Washington, Oregon, USC, UCLA, Utah, Colorado, Arizona

No
Washington State, Oregon State, Arizona State

???
Stanford and Cal - both are good academically and offer NoCal but neither are strong at football or even BBall. The B1G could take one, both, or none.

If the 14 B1G schools added those 9 ACC schools (now 23 total) and those 7 P12 schools (now 30 total), ND would be forced to join the B1G (now 31 total). They would have no one left to play in FB otherwise. Taking 32 teams makes sense to create divisions or pods. As the 32nd team it would likely be between Kansas, Stanford, and Cal. I suppose you could take all three along with UConn and go with 7 divisions of 5 teams which offers an 8 team conference playoff.

Of the 41 states that play FBS football the B1G would cover 24 (or 25 with KU, 26 with KU and UConn) of them. The conference would stretch the entire East coast and connect all the way to the Pacific.

Once the B1G is at 32 teams they might even be able to poach Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Vandy which adds 4 more states. if you look at the AAU list the B1G would have just about every football playing school.

The minute the ACC schools start talking to the B1G, the more the B1G can gage who they can poach from the ACC. The B1G is in a position of power why would they want the ACC dead weight schools?

ACC schools that offer something to the B1G
Miami, FSU, GA Tech, Clemson, UNC, Duke, UVA, SU, BC

ACC schools they likely have no interest in
NC State, Wake, Louisville, VA Tech, Pitt

Same goes for the P12

Interest
Washington, Oregon, USC, UCLA, Utah, Colorado, Arizona

No
Washington State, Oregon State, Arizona State

???
Stanford and Cal - both are good academically and offer NoCal but neither are strong at football or even BBall. The B1G could take one, both, or none.

If the 14 B1G schools added those 9 ACC schools (now 23 total) and those 7 P12 schools (now 30 total), ND would be forced to join the B1G (now 31 total). They would have no one left to play in FB otherwise. Taking 32 teams makes sense to create divisions or pods. As the 32nd team it would likely be between Kansas, Stanford, and Cal. I suppose you could take all three along with UConn and go with 7 divisions of 5 teams which offers an 8 team conference playoff.

Of the 41 states that play FBS football the B1G would cover 24 (or 25 with KU, 26 with KU and UConn) of them. The conference would stretch the entire East coast and connect all the way to the Pacific.

Once the B1G is at 32 teams they might even be able to poach Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Vandy which adds 4 more states. if you look at the AAU list the B1G would have just about every football playing school.
I would never trust the Big Ten.

It’s not happening.
The ACC having an alliance with the PAC-12 could work.
Where they could use each other to grow a network that could generate really good money.

With a scheduling alliance.

Did you post this just so your stalker boyfriend could give it a like?
boyfriend 02.gif

WVU brings nothing to the table.

Here's a complete list of their sports.
Number in parentheses is their place in the Big XII standings for 2018-19, the last year with no COVID impact.
M - baseball (4), basketball (10) , football (3), golf (9), soccer (1 in the MAC), swimming & diving (2 of 3), wrestling (9 of 12)
Couch-burning
W- basketball (4), cross country (4), gymnastics (4 of 4), rowing (5 of 5), soccer (2), swimming & diving (3 of 5), tennis (10), track & field (9 outdoors), volleyball (9 of 9)

C- rifle (not a Big XII sport; 2nd in NCAA)

While that year was certainly an outlier for basketball, their sports seem to rate "meh", at best.
FIFY

ACC is going to look like the BE soon after the SEC and/or B10 get done raiding it.

ACC and B10 makes sense for both parties. ACC and PAC12 is a dumb conference that’s even less worth watching then some ACC matchups. Both conferences are going to fly across the cross country for every sport to play each other. Ludicrous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom