Texas vs. UGA | Syracusefan.com

Texas vs. UGA

They got handled by LSU, they had their chance against Bama without Tua for a while and couldn’t get it done, and there’s a pretty good chance they’re going to lose to a 4 loss Texas team.

Committee got the field right this year.

We don’t move ahead of Georgia if they lose. We could move ahead of Texas. You guys are rooting for the wrong team and against a possible higher ranking for SU.

FWIW and it is pretty evident watching Texas games this year. During the USC game the color guy (I think it was Brock Huard) said that pregame he was walking around during warmups and talking to the many scouts/NFL guys there. The consensus was that next to Alabama, Texas had the most physically ready and guys that passed the NFL ‘look test’ dudes on their roster. They have some monsters.

FWIW and it is pretty evident watching Texas games this year. During the USC game the color guy (I think it was Brock Huard) said that pregame he was walking around during warmups and talking to the many scouts/NFL guys there. The consensus was that next to Alabama, Texas had the most physically ready and guys that passed the NFL ‘look test’ dudes on their roster. They have some monsters.
It’s stumped me that UT has been down for so many years recently. They have their pick of the litter in the best state for high school football. Yet time and time again guys slip through their hands and become stars elsewhere. This game may help turn it around.

It’s stumped me that UT has been down for so many years recently. They have their pick of the litter in the best state for high school football. Yet time and time again guys slip through their hands and become stars elsewhere. This game may help turn it around.

This freshman class is really good. Last year’s too. Herman brought a LOT of tougness back to the program but they play up/down re: their opponents. USC is soft as charmin but they could NOT bring these guys down in the open field in Austin and were getting blown up by UT defenders. Ehlinger is hard to bring down also like Dungey. Lower to the ground. They have some monsters at WR/LB/S/DT

This freshman class is really good. Last year’s too. Herman brought a LOT of tougness back to the program but they play up/down re: their opponents. USC is soft as charmin but they could NOT bring these guys down in the open field in Austin and were getting blown up by UT defenders. Ehlinger is hard to bring down also like Dungey. Lower to the ground. They have some monsters at WR/LB/S/DT

Yeah they couldn't even blow out one of the bad teams they played. (Assuming we aren't considering your Trojans bad.)

Only beat Tulsa by 7. KSU by 5. Baylor by 6. KU by 7. Tech by 7.

Ehlinger is a better fit for the SEC than the Big 12 hes in the wrong conference that guy would be great somewhere like LSU.

Wonder how he plays in the 2nd half.

Yeah they couldn't even blow out one of the bad teams they played. (Assuming we aren't considering your Trojans bad.)

Only beat Tulsa by 7. KSU by 5. Baylor by 6. KU by 7. Tech by 7.

Ehlinger is a better fit for the SEC than the Big 12 hes in the wrong conference that guy would be great somewhere like LSU.

Wonder how he plays in the 2nd half.

Yep. Good call re: Ehlinger on LSU. Ha. Trojans were bad but didn’t quite know it back then during that early season game.

It looks like a let down game for the Dawgs, they don't appear to want to be there....interesting commentary when they spoke about having to sit starters (UGA) the first couple days of practice because of a lack of hustle, thats showing up 10 fold tonight....

Kirby Smart passes on the FG, and then doesn't take an immediate TO after a first down run stop with Texas buried deep (dude had 2 in his pocket that he cannot take with him)...stuff Dino must look at and laugh.

It looks like a let down game for the Dawgs, they don't appear to want to be there...interesting commentary when they spoke about having to sit starters (UGA) the first couple days of practice because of a lack of hustle, thats showing up 10 fold tonight...

Maybe but when UT decides to play they have the talent, size, and physicality to beat anybody. I think UGA is missing a stud pass rusher though. Just look at the size of some of UT’s LBs, DBs, interior linemen, etc.

My Georgia friends are losing their minds over the playcalling of their OC. Like, legit, meltdown.

I think you said this before.

Maybe if he says it enough, he'll think that his opinion will transform into fact.

It's comical when people make statements of opinion as a matter of fact. The committee got it 'wrong' this year, they left out Ohio State...this is a fact. ;):)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom