That might be the last Midnight Madness | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

That might be the last Midnight Madness

Yes..because only "inner city trash" acts out at sporting events.
Maybe they should emulate those soccer crowds in Europe, or hockey fans in Vancouver who're always so well behaved...yeah, that's the ticket. Can't let the (ahem "Black"), I mean "inner-city trash" anywhere near polite sporting society. :rolleyes:

I get where you are going with this, but for the record, most of the violence started at European soccer games is by inner city trash (as opposed to violence at upstate NY soccer games, started by overweight mothers of three residing in outer-ring suburbs). I dont know about Vancouver though.

edit: I see Imperial addressed this already.

No real surprise when it's that genre's pure essence...the overwhelming tilt of the lyrics speaks for itself.

I hear that. When I heard that song "Soooowee like Ned Beatty", I had to implore JoeCollege to stay away from any free events on the WVU campus. Thank God he listened to me. At least I think he did.

Yeah making it a free event was not smart.

It should be free to students, season ticket holders, and $5 for anyone else. All money raised goes towards a buyout of Doug Marrones contract.

Was up at Syracuse saturday night. Walked around Marshall St. after the bars closed. I didn't die, nor did I see any fights or problems. I was up for the Minnesota game as well, and me and 3 friends walked back to the Genesee Grand from Marshall without a single problem. Granted, it's two nights, but the problems are clearly overexaggerated.

Yeah making it a free event was not smart.

It should be free to students, season ticket holders, and $5 for anyone else. All money raised goes towards a buyout of Doug Marrones contract.
Doug Marrone's contract ends at the end of this year. Good effort trying to be clever though.

I can tell you for a fact that this was not your typical crowd. At least 25%, from what i could tell in the concourses, looked like guys you would see hanging out on any shady South Side street corner.

I feel bad for the families that were there, particularly the ones who probably couldn't have gone if it was a pay event. These gang punks probably ruined this event for them going forward. So much for the generosity of the university. Way to repay it, townie trash.

They don't need to charge admission for these events --- just enforce a basic dress code: pants buckled at the waist.

Was up at Syracuse saturday night. Walked around Marshall St. after the bars closed. I didn't die, nor did I see any fights or problems. I was up for the Minnesota game as well, and me and 3 friends walked back to the Genesee Grand from Marshall without a single problem. Granted, it's two nights, but the problems are clearly overexaggerated.

Yeah this thread did get a little ridiculous. You would think after reading all of this that the city of Syracuse is like Detroit at this point. Of course there are problems with crime, and unfortunately there have been some high-profile incidents lately that have been affiliated with SU, but there isn't anything out of line with what happens in urban centers all across the country. I grew up about a mile down the road from the Dome, off Euclid, and never have I felt unsafe in my neighborhood. Gone to parties all throughout the Euclid/Westcott area and never once saw trouble. Been to Marshall Street bars countless nights and never had a problem (that didn't involve a frat boy). Stories like this tend to get exaggerated. That doesn't mean that the University, DPS and SPD don't need to address the matter, but it doesn't need to become a DEFCON 5 situation.

They don't need to charge admission for these events --- just enforce a basic dress code: pants buckled at the waist.

Be careful, the PC posse may have an issue with that particular reference... :oops: