The 2022 Sean Tucker Thread... | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

The 2022 Sean Tucker Thread...

Very interesting.

And in addition to the players who've decided to portal out and hence won't be available to play on 12/29, I think this is the other most important storyline for Syracuse fans.

Given that we are two weeks away from our bowl game and there's been no news of him either entering the portal or opting out for "getting ready for the NFL draft", it looks as if he's playing. I believe one poster alluded that he was gone, one way or another, but the silence on the matter interesting.

Dang, I forgot about that thread. My bad. Please nuke this thread, if needed.

Dang, I forgot about that thread. My bad. Please nuke this thread, if needed.

The merge button is my friend.

But we still won't have any answers until the next player media availability next week.

I have a bad feeling that if Tucker decides to return another year, he transfers to a bigger program, ala Jahmyr Gibbs and Zach Evans.

I do expect him to declare for the NFL though, he will win the combine and get day 2 draft capital IMO.

from a game planning perspective, its possible the coaches have asked that it not be made public. give Minnesota something to think about.

Agree it is unlikely he plays in the bowl.

That said, I as going to opine that every day that goes by without an announcement increases his chances of playing.

However, it occurs to me that Coach Babers might well have asked the players not playing in the bowl to delay their announcement of this to as close as possible to kickoff.

I am going to expect the worst and hope for the best here.

If he returns with Shrader and Gadsen, I would have to think we'd be considered for pre-season top 25.

So, just thinking for a second here, someone else posted a IG or Tweet from Weitsman stating something to the affect that SU will be a Top 12 team next year. I wonder if he's expecting Tucker back (maybe got him some good NIL deal).

So, just thinking for a second here, someone else posted a IG or Tweet from Weitsman stating something to the affect that SU will be a Top 12 team next year. I wonder if he's expecting Tucker back (maybe got him some good NIL deal).

I have NO inside info... but man how awesome would that be...

Also, if they know Tucker would come back, think about the pitch to OL transfers and other O side players...

Like, you come play with us, we got returning all conference all over the place and you can be next.

DAMMIT, I'm getting excited again.

I still stand by my opinion that he will both play in our bowl game and return next season. But I’m just doing an educated guess.

I have NO inside info... but man how awesome would that be...

Also, if they know Tucker would come back, think about the pitch to OL transfers and other O side players...

Like, you come play with us, we got returning all conference all over the place and you can be next.

DAMMIT, I'm getting excited again.
A healthy Tucker behind what should be an improved offensive line would be flat out dominant. Still think it’s a pipe dream however, would be very glad to be wrong.

A healthy Tucker behind what should be an improved offensive line would be flat out dominant. Still think it’s a pipe dream however, would be very glad to be wrong.
Yes, we'd need to pick up a couple OL grand slams in the portal.

I have a bad feeling that if Tucker decides to return another year, he transfers to a bigger program, ala Jahmyr Gibbs and Zach Evans.

I do expect him to declare for the NFL though, he will win the combine and get day 2 draft capital IMO.
I’ve been thinking transfer, too, but there really is a cap on where rbs can play themselves. They’re rarely top 3 rounds anymore so that’s not a ton of upside versus the downside. Only thing would be if he really wants a chance to win something huge. A school like uga or bama could be alluring (and lucrative).

Tucker wouldn’t transfer, he got so many carries here last season it got to the point where people were even speculating that there was a secret NIL deal in place that no other RB can touch the ball (lol). We’re bowling this year and were ranked in the CFP in November.

Even when he wasn’t getting many carries we still didn’t see Allen much.

We’re a P5 team and he’s the top dog, no logical reason to go anywhere else other than the draft.

I wanna see him get the shot at the nfl, these younger guys behind him needa get some run . They’ve waited patiently they deserve there shot.

Tucker wouldn’t transfer, he got so many carries here last season it got to the point where people were even speculating that there was a secret NIL deal in place that no other RB can touch the ball (lol). We’re bowling this year and were ranked in the CFP in November.

We’re a P5 team and he’s the top dog, no logical reason to go anywhere else other than the draft.

I like you.

I feel fine in saying my info was from a very very solid source.

If Tucker comes back next year, it’d have to be because NIL arrangements changed or NIL paid him big-time within the past two weeks.

Would suck if Sean didn’t play in the bowl game and Minnesota’s 6th year 2nd string AP AA did, which as of today there is no final word.

I don't really agree. He had 40 more carries the year before. Chase Brown at Illinois had 122 more carries. The Minnesota RB had 100 more.

He ran behind a line, in a new system, that struggled to open running lanes.

I wouldn't be shocked if he were to transfer to one of those schools I just mentioned. Both are looking for a new RB and have running systems that would give him a lot more showcase opportunities. Unless Beck has something new up his sleeve that Anae did not.

I don't really agree. He had 40 more carries the year before. Chase Brown at Illinois had 122 more carries. The Minnesota RB had 100 more.

He ran behind a line, in a new system, that struggled to open running lanes.

I wouldn't be shocked if he were to transfer to one of those schools I just mentioned. Both are looking for a new RB and have running systems that would give him a lot more showcase opportunities. Unless Beck has something new up his sleeve that Anae did not.
We have to remember that Tucker tweeted this within minutes of Anae leaving..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom