The ACC Network Broadcast Blows | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

The ACC Network Broadcast Blows

I only saw the first half, but they gave a LOT of airtime to historical SU stuff. And they talked about what a great venue the Dome is.

They sounded flat out disappointed during Ishmael's TD.
not sure where you got this from. i watched that play a second time and found nothing that one-sided.

but there were other plays where the announcers were on Cuse's side. they both strongly thought that Dungey made it in on that touchdown reach.

the announcers really no different from the last 2 years. some fans are looking too hard for slights. of course there is southern bias. we joined a traditionally southern league.

not sure where you got this from. i watched that play a second time and found nothing that one-sided.
but there were other plays where the announcers were on Cuse's side. they both strongly thought that Dungey made it in on that touchdown reach. the announcers really no different from the last 2 years. some fans are looking too hard for slights. of course there is southern bias. we joined a traditionally southern league.

Totally agree, pretty unbiased... The play by play guy Brando is an old timer, still remembers us when we were Top25 caliber. The color guy was very impressed and complimentary of Dungey.

bojangles_crop.jpg
They did show a short segment of SU tailgate fans enjoying some free Bojangles fare.

Totally agree, pretty unbiased... The play by play guy Brando is an old timer, still remembers us when we were Top25 caliber. The color guy was very impressed and complimentary of Dungey.

Play-By-Play was courtesy of Tim Brandt. Not Brando.

SU94 said:
Play-By-Play was courtesy of Tim Brandt. Not Brando.

And Brandt is not a southern bias guy, for people thinking that. He's a DC guy.

The CBS Announcers for the Oak/Cinn game keeps calling the Bengles the Bangles. Pretty sure he is an ACC guy ;)

They did show a short segment of SU tailgate fans enjoying some free Bojangles fare.

I remember those from last year. I wish we could see a tape of confused tailgaters asking "What is this" before they film the footage used on air.

They really butchered the names. Right off the bat.

I can only assume they did the same thing with the Wake roster.

Came off as lazy to me.
They did scoop this board on a roster addition when they announced a reception by "Cornelius Bennett". I guess no one here realized that he had eligibility remaining after his career at the U of Alabama and the Buffalo Bills. What a coup by the staff!

There is nothing wrong with Bojangles. Not a thing.

I thought they were decent. They were gushing over Dungey in the post game.

I have no problem with it. Yes, there is certainly a Southern bias, but that's to be expected at this point and should lessen over time.

I am not sure that there is a bias but rather a familiarity with those schools that have been in the ACC for a longer period of time and who these guys have been following and reporting on for that time period.

And Brandt is not a southern bias guy, for people thinking that. He's a DC guy.
Historically, DC has been considered a Southern city. Over the past several decades, as new administrations have brought in lots of outsiders, and the number of lobbyists has ballooned, the makeup has changed.

but there were other plays where the announcers were on Cuse's side. they both strongly thought that Dungey made it in on that touchdown reach.

the announcers really no different from the last 2 years. some fans are looking too hard for slights. of course there is southern bias. we joined a traditionally southern league.

Not a ton of enthusiasm for one of the biggest plays of the game. Whatever, as most have said, I'm just glad the game was on TV.