The all-inclusive Cuse Coaching Thread | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Cuse Coaching Thread

Here is my question and I hope people smarter then I have the answer. I hear all the time the money isn't there. Here is the question, shafer makes less then Marrone shafer and Marrone make less then most coaches in the p5. The football coaching budget was based off big east money. How is it possible that the money for a pay bump for hc and staff isn't there to bring them up to Acc levels when Syracuse is now making triple if not more then when they were in the big east.

The money will be there to make a decent hire whatever point in time that occurs. Shafer and Marrone were both paid based on experience to some degree. Shafer probably got jerked a little bit in HC salary by moving into the position with no real hiring process. The writing is on the wall that money will be there to pay a coach.

Most of us had thought 5 wins means he keeps his job. Does 2 fun home games against really good teams mean he only needs one more win? I'm not saying i agree with this but on saturday i thought this helps him

Millhouse said:
Most of us had thought 5 wins means he keeps his job. Does 2 fun home games against really good teams mean he only needs one more win? I'm not saying i agree with this but on saturday i thought this helps him

It shifts based on how hopeful people are feeling. Not a new phenomenon.

The question is more, "is Coyle having a tough time with this decision and if so, is he swayed by game to game performance?"

And no one knows.

I think it will project like the LSU game, if we lose the next two games then I don't think it will matter how we played against Clemson, IMO.

I think it will project like the LSU game, if we lose the next two games then I don't think it will matter how we played against Clemson, IMO.
i agree. 0-2 makes the LSU and clemson game moot. i wonder what 1 win the rest of the way means though

jekelish said:
And not just Coyle. I don't think people seem to grasp that he's not the only person who needs to sign off on a decision. Kent has to give it the OK as well. Anyone who thinks that the AD has total autonomy when it comes to the highest paid position on campus is misguided.

I'd bet getting Coyle and Kent on the same page is the easiest part of this process.

Syverud interviewed Coyle after a 3 win season. Something tells me this subject came up. Often.

crazy to think if we win the last two and get to 5-7 they could still back into a bowl game.

i agree. 0-2 makes the LSU and clemson game moot. i wonder what 1 win the rest of the way means though

Or to really overthink this craziness. Does it matter more/less if we win saturday and lose to BC, or vice versa.

It seems like a lot of people here will actually be hoping that the Orangemen lose the next two games.
Sad.

I'd bet getting Coyle and Kent on the same page is the easiest part of this process.

Syverud interviewed Coyle after a 3 win season. Something tells me this subject came up. Often.

Exactly, I bet Coyle wasn't calling it a marathon when the two of them were speaking candidly. It reminds me of when I ran a 10 K with my wife after a two day bender. Not pretty

It seems like a lot of people here will actually be hoping that the Orangemen lose the next two games.
Sad.
Hope this isn't the case but if they do, time for a change. If the Cuse wins both, maybe there is a chance Coyle keeps him for one more year with several changes to his current staff.

Hope this isn't the case but if they do, time for a change. If the Cuse wins both, maybe there is a chance Coyle keeps him for one more year with several changes to his current staff.
What quality coaches are they going to get to come in in this situation? Mitch Browning?

Sad.
I hope not. I also don't think the outcomes matter in Coyle's decision anyway.

What quality coaches are they going to get to come in in this situation? Mitch Browning?
I am looking at Bullough, Adam and Reed going and keep Lester for one more year. Promote Daoust to DC and there has to be better coaches available after all the HC changes happening.

I am looking at Bullough, Adam and Reed going and keep Lester for one more year. Promote Daoust to DC and there has to be better coaches available after all the HC changes happening.
Why keep Lester? His offense is second worse to only BC.

Why keep Lester? His offense is second worse to only BC.
My reasoning is...I like the play-calling by Lester and if you add an OL that can pass/run block, a competent TE who can block/catch and a few tall WR's, I think we can be much better in 2016. Hoping our group of young OL step up and we develop some receivers to go with our strong running game.

My reasoning is...I like the play-calling by Lester and if you add an OL that can pass/run block, a competent TE who can block/catch and a few tall WR's, I think we can be much better in 2016. Hoping our group of young OL step up and we develop some receivers to go with our strong running game.
The play calling hasn't produced anything but concussios!
Seriously, we are 100+ in offense in the entire country. Don't you think we can do much better better than that?

kids, this is an easy one.

this is year 7 of the marrone era...you all remember that right?? the one where apparently the coaching staff was so freakin loaded with talent, that it had a future NFL HC and 2 qualified P5 HCs on it?? and we just had to keep things the status quo and continue onward and upward??

this 'era' has produced:

4-8
8-5 Pinstripe
5-7
8-5 Pinstripe
7-6 im not sure what one it was
3-9
3-7...well tba.

please explain to me what 2 Fn wins would do for him/us??

nothing up there says keep SS, nothing.

we got a new chancellor in 2014.

a new AD in 2015.

we get a new football HC in 2016.

its the way these things work when theyre broke.

either they extend him and likely throw $$ away in 17, or they fire him now and throw $$ away in 16, but appear to have taken action.

if hes got a guy, and im sure he does...he gets him now. he gets him before his guy either fails and becomes an impossible hire and he starts a search a yeaar later from scratch...or his guy succeeds at like rutgers and coyle is kicking himself forever.

simple call.

this is just a waiting game for me, i know the right decision will be made.

save the bandwidth.