The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 145 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Dang it, we had a decommit. From a kid who was clearly waiting for an offer from WVU. He shouldn't have committed and Ash should not have accepted his commitment. He will be happy with the Mountaineers.

Daewood. McDuffie. Johnson. An embarrassing situation for Damone Drew. 3 recruits not making it for camp. Did SU hire Kyle Flood when no one was looking? Sounds like his MO. If Babers starts saying he wants to go "1-0" this week and then starts trying to talk about the good points of a 55-3 loss, you may have a "Flood"in your house.

Dang it, we had a decommit. From a kid who was clearly waiting for an offer from WVU. He shouldn't have committed and Ash should not have accepted his commitment. He will be happy with the Mountaineers.

Daewood. McDuffie. Johnson. An embarrassing situation for Damone Drew. 3 recruits not making it for camp. Did SU hire Kyle Flood when no one was looking? Sounds like his MO. If Babers starts saying he wants to go "1-0" this week and then starts trying to talk about the good points of a 55-3 loss, you may have a "Flood"in your house.
There may well be 55-33 losses, but there sure as HELL won't be any 55-3 losses.

Good luck with Ash. You'll need it. Typical B1G meathead. Only without any HC experience.

There may well be 55-33 losses, but there sure as HELL won't be any 55-3 losses.

Good luck with Ash. You'll need it. Typical B1G meathead. Only without any HC experience.

Good luck with Babers. I will take a B1G meathead who knows what a defense is any day of the week.

Let's talk in 3 years. Until then, it's all moot.

Good luck with Babers. I will take a B1G meathead who knows what a defense is any day of the week.

Don't know about defense but Babers offense has proven to win, where Ash hasn't proven anything as a HC.

montanaRU said:
Dang it, we had a decommit. From a kid who was clearly waiting for an offer from WVU. He shouldn't have committed and Ash should not have accepted his commitment. He will be happy with the Mountaineers. Daewood. McDuffie. Johnson. An embarrassing situation for Damone Drew. 3 recruits not making it for camp. Did SU hire Kyle Flood when no one was looking? Sounds like his MO. If Babers starts saying he wants to go "1-0" this week and then starts trying to talk about the good points of a 55-3 loss, you may have a "Flood"in your house.

He decommited after we got a commitment from a kid with an LSU offer. Not the same.

montanaRU said:
Good luck with Babers. I will take a B1G meathead who knows what a defense is any day of the week. Let's talk in 3 years. Until then, it's all moot.

I think you guys should try to be Ohio State. It will definitely work for you.

With Rutgers fans it's always how great its going to be in the future.

Odds are the hundred years of losing in all sports will continue.

Nice basketball team, there.

Now he will be burning couches, instead of stealing them.

Your comment made me laugh b/c when Gentleman's Quarterly did a story about the 15 worst sports fans in America, West Virginia (all sports) was 3 but Maryland Terrapins basketball showed up at number 5 with some comment (not shown below) about one sports riot after a loss (or win?) where they broke into houses to steal couches for burning!

Find out who tops GQ's worst sports fans in America

This is off the Rutgers subject but there is this:

"College basketball fans in Maryland are known for at least five separate riots that have occurred in the last decade and a bit. When the team won a National Championship in 2002, fans used metal barricades as battering rams to battle the police. Somebody even hit a state trooper in the face with a slab of wood, knocking out two of his teeth. In other notable riots, fans committed the standard riot acts, namely flipping over buses, setting things on fire [my italics], fighting, and just generally exhibiting ruckus behavior.

10 Worst Fanbases in Sports

Last edited:

Regarding the 3 you mentioned, Daewood has now committed to 4 schools before the start of his senior year. He may have talent, but the red flags that sends up may indicate that we dodged a bullet. He was offered by the old staff, so I don't know one way or the other if the new staff wanted him. They didn't want McDuffie and told him so. That is why he decommitted. The Johnson decommit caught me by surprise, I'll admit. He seemed to like it on his visit 2 weeks earlier. Maybe he thought he was being over recruited. Maybe he decided he wanted to be closer to home. Who knows? Considering the recruits we have at LB already, I'm not sweating it.

As far as waiting 3 years to compare, if it takes us that long to get things moving forward, I'll be shocked. That being said, I'll happily compare the two programs then, or even at the end of next year.

I believe the 'Girls made the top 25 list here twice at no. 22 and no. 9.....College Campuses with the Most Reported Robberies

The number 22 school is listed in the Girls brochures as a school for them.

Syracuse did not make the top 50 either,but two ACC schools did.

So maybe they used this ranking for the top 100 from the posts above.....

Your comment made me laugh b/c when Gentleman's Quarterly did a story about the 15 worst sports fans in America, West Virginia (all sports) was 3 but Maryland Terrapins basketball showed up at number 5 with some comment (not shown below) about one sports riot after a loss (or win?) where they broke into houses to steal couches for burning!

Find out who tops GQ's worst sports fans in America

This is off the Rutgers subject but there is this:

"College basketball fans in Maryland are known for at least five separate riots that have occurred in the last decade and a bit. When the team won a National Championship in 2002, fans used metal barricades as battering rams to battle the police. Somebody even hit a state trooper in the face with a slab of wood, knocking out two of his teeth. In other notable riots, fans committed the standard riot acts, namely flipping over buses, setting things on fire [my italics], fighting, and just generally exhibiting ruckus behavior.

10 Worst Fanbases in Sports

It's a great story. Unfortunately it's fundamentally untrue. it's not the Maryland fan base doing this. It's those attracted to the Campus area who just want to raise Hell and are using Maryland athletics as a reason and as cover.

I don't know what you know about Maryland and the Maryland campus and its location.

But the riots and assorted other bad behavior in College Park are more a function of population in the areas surrounding College Park and the access to the area from other areas via the Metro than they are the actual Maryland base.

With easy access the area attracts people who are more interested in provoking and joining in disorder

People here in DC know this. The media won't report it as such because they don't like the story line it invites. athletics fan base.

It's a great story. Unfortunately it's fundamentally untrue. it's not the Maryland fan base doing this. It's those attracted to the Campus area who just want to raise Hell and are using Maryland athletics as a reason and as cover.

I don't know what you know about Maryland and the Maryland campus and its location.

But the riots and assorted other bad behavior in College Park are more a function of population in the areas surrounding College Park and the access to the area from other areas via the Metro than they are the actual Maryland base.

With easy access the area attracts people who are more interested in provoking and joining in disorder

People here in DC know this. The media won't report it as such because they don't like the story line it invites. athletics fan base.

College Park can be flat our scary ... I used to recruit students at UM and man once you left campus well ... you saw some real undesirable elements running around.

College Park can be flat our scary ... I used to recruit students at UM and man once you left campus well ... you saw some real undesirable elements running around.

Depends on where you are from, I guess.

By DC standards, it's actually a pretty safe area. The eventwss draw the hoodlums in like a magnet.

Take a tour of Anacostia in Southeast DC next time and let me know how you feel.

Or, as I tried to point out in a recent thread about Temple, take a ride up North Broad Street in Philly to you get to the Temple campus (?) area at 22nd and Lehigh.

But the place that raises the hairs on my neck in anticipation of an impending threat is West Baltimore (as seen in "The Wire").

My wife --- who has no sense of direction --- after leaving a meeting at the Johns Hopkins U. main campus --- found herself in West Baltimore at 11:00pm. The cops stopped her and gave her directions out of "The Hood". They told her not to bother to stop at traffic lights until she got onto MLK Blvd close to Camden Yards.

She told me that the police seemed quite agitated at her presence and wanted to make sure she understood just how dangerous a situation she had put herself in. (She got a new car with a GPS the following week.)

By DC standards, it's actually a pretty safe area. The eventwss draw the hoodlums in like a magnet.

Take a tour of Anacostia in Southeast DC next time and let me know how you feel.

Or, as I tried to point out in a recent thread about Temple, take a ride up North Broad Street in Philly to you get to the Temple campus (?) area at 22nd and Lehigh.

But the place that raises the hairs on my neck in anticipation of an impending threat is West Baltimore (as seen in "The Wire").

My wife --- who has no sense of direction --- after leaving a meeting at the Johns Hopkins U. main campus --- found herself in West Baltimore at 11:00pm. The cops stopped her and gave her directions out of "The Hood". They told her not to bother to stop at traffic lights until she got onto MLK Blvd close to Camden Yards.

She told me that the police seemed quite agitated at her presence and wanted to make sure she understood just how dangerous a situation she had put herself in. (She got a new car with a GPS the following week.)

Re: bad neighborhoods

great piece on Washington Heights, NYC, on ESPN today, and the change in that area that started with a cop being killed, and the reaction to it.
Suffice it to say that positive reactions toward moving forward helped take the area from 130 plus murders (don't hold me to the exact number, but over 100), 20 years ago, to 4 last year, and a bunch of kids who have become and who want to be P.O.s.

I always laugh when RU fans take potshots at Syracuse, NY.

Its funny because RU is in New Brunswick. They use the Piscataway address because they don't want to say the words "New Brunswick". (The football stadium is in Piscataway, but the University's main buildings are in New Brunswick.)

New Brunswick is now and has been for decades a crime-infested dump of a place. Crime, including violent crime, is commonplace.

The attached article is just one of many.

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.s...brunswick_announce_new_policing_strategy.html

Its funny because RU is in New Brunswick. They use the Piscataway address because they don't want to say the words "New Brunswick". (The football stadium is in Piscataway, but the University's main buildings are in New Brunswick.)

New Brunswick is now and has been for decades a crime-infested dump of a place. Crime, including violent crime, is commonplace.

http://www.nj.com/middles e x/index...brunswick_announce_new_policing_strategy.html

I just love all the weather jokes related to Su from the Rutgirls fans, like their campus is located in South Beach.

Been to Baltimore many times ... yes the westside is hazardous to your health.

My cousin used to be a cop in Baltimore, I heard some horror stories about it, Im glad he only did that for a few years.

http://www.nj.com/middles e x/index...brunswick_announce_new_policing_strategy.html
My GPS played a joke on me Friday. I was headed down to DC and it took me off the highway and directed me past the Rutgers Football Stadium. What!

My GPS played a joke on me Friday. I was headed down to DC and it took me off the highway and directed me past the Rutgers Football Stadium. What!

Last summer, I too was directed past the stadium. We were going from Monroe township to upstate. Looking at the maps, I wondered why I didn't just go further north on 95.