The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 153 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

A lot of poor analogies being thrown around here. There has to be hatred on both sides--which there is with RU. Too many people arguing semantics. If you're so sure they aren't rivals, you wouldn't be arguing against the idea.

Our real rival should be Pitt, but for whatever reason the hatred just isn't there. No hatred, no rivalry.

No, I'm not young.

Jeepers said:
A lot of poor analogies being thrown around here. There has to be hatred on both sides--which there is with RU. Too many people arguing semantics. If you're so sure they aren't rivals, you wouldn't be arguing against the idea. Our real rival should be Pitt, but for whatever reason the hatred just isn't there. No hatred, no rivalry. No, I'm not young.

Pitt is the real hope at this point. It's enjoyable to hate on BC, Wake, NC State - but I think they won't have the same HC very soon and I think are headed in the opposite direction. With any luck Narduzzi will be our meathead opponent who is good while we are good.

I wouldn't be opposed to Dabo and Clemson - but they are so much better than us right now, it will have to wait (cheering our injured players be damned). I can't hate on FSU either (although I don't foresee any games of hangman this year).

A lot of poor analogies being thrown around here. There has to be hatred on both sides--which there is with RU. Too many people arguing semantics. If you're so sure they aren't rivals, you wouldn't be arguing against the idea.

Our real rival should be Pitt, but for whatever reason the hatred just isn't there. No hatred, no rivalry.

No, I'm not young.

The week of the Pitt game last year I posted about how baffling it is that we don't have any semblance of a heated rivalry with Pitt (for football of course, hoops is a different matter). We've played Pitt more than 70 times, which is the most we've played any opponent ever. But it's been uncanny how we've very rarely both been good at the same time. And the series has essentially been one team dominating the other for long stretches.

You're right, for a host of reasons SU-Pitt should be a big deal. But it isn't.

"Conditional" is in the eye of the beholder, of course. It's pretty common knowledge that back in 2003 BC was professing a lot of loyalty to Big East Presidents and ADs... while continuing to negotiate with the ACC. Now, I don't blame them at all for continuing to talk to the ACC, but let's not rewrite history either. More than a few Big East schools, including SU, felt that BC was not above board in the way they conducted themselves.

As for the Jesuit stuff... I mean, come on. I grew up in the Boston area. You've seen Spotlight, right? :(

Before you spout off, get a clue.

How many Jesuit priest were involved in the Boston scandal? These were all Parish priests that were under the Arch Diocese. (Does any of that make sense to you?)

And even then this was a small percentage of the Diocesan priests.

A shameful and disgusting state of affairs. But when your knowledge of the Catholic Church is limited to watching "Spotlight", you probably ought no comment.

And conditional is not in the eye of any behavior. Leahy specific said that BC was not interested in certain conference alignments. People choose to ignore all that because they have their own agendas including a healthy dose of anti-Catholic bias.

Before you spout off, get a clue.

How many Jesuit priest were involved in the Boston scandal? These were all Parish priests that were under the Arch Diocese. (Does any of that make sense to you?)

And even then this was a small percentage of the Diocesan priests.

A shameful and disgusting state of affairs. But when your knowledge of the Catholic Church is limited to watching "Spotlight", you probably ought no comment.

And conditional is not in the eye of any behavior. Leahy specific said that BC was not interested in certain conference alignments. People choose to ignore all that because they have their own agendas including a healthy dose of anti-Catholic bias.

Calm down. We get it, you are an expert on everything.

Enjoy Maryland in the Big Ten.

Townie72 said:
Before you spout off, get a clue. How many Jesuit priest were involved in the Boston scandal? These were all Parish priests that were under the Arch Diocese. (Does any of that make sense to you?) And even then this was a small percentage of the Diocesan priests. A shameful and disgusting state of affairs. But when your knowledge of the Catholic Church is limited to watching "Spotlight", you probably ought no comment. And conditional is not in the eye of any behavior. Leahy specific said that BC was not interested in certain conference alignments. People choose to ignore all that because they have their own agendas including a healthy dose of anti-Catholic bias.

Probably OT, but have you seen the movie? A small % = 70+ priests with multiple victims just in the Boston area. That's a lot of Sandusky's. I wouldn't get within a mile of defending that.

Back to making fun of Rutgers, please. They are going to get whooped this weekend, no?

Probably OT, but have you seen the movie? A small % = 70+ priests with multiple victims just in the Boston area. That's a lot of Sandusky's. I wouldn't get within a mile of defending that.

Back to making fun of Rutgers, please. They are going to get whooped this weekend, no?
Ash is clueless, lost in these rivalry posts is a link I posted to his pre-game presser. He's basically like yup, everything's new, going to make alot of mistakes, just had my first dry run as a coach...wow what a difference having to do both offense and defense, blah, blah, blah. It's worth watching for entertainment value alone, Peterson is going to kick his scarlet arse.

Pyle said:
Ash is clueless, lost in these rivalry posts is a link I posted to his pre-game presser. He's basically like yup, everything's new, going to make alot of mistakes, just had my first dry run as a coach...wow what a difference having to do both offense and defense, blah, blah, blah. It's worth watching for entertainment value alone, Peterson is going to kick his scarlet arse.

Agreed. Babers = confidence, Ash = I'm clueless

3.jpg

But why do we get so much pleasure from their misfortune? We don't act this way about UCONN, VT, WV, Miami, Pitt, PSU, or anyone else.

Official definitions of rival:

a person or thing that tries to defeat or be more successful than another
something or someone that is as good or almost as good as another person or thing
one striving for competitive advantage
one of two or more striving to reach or obtain something that only one can possess

Over the past 2 decades we are 9-8 against them. That's 20 freaking years. a 1/4 of our fanbase grew up watching them overtake us, smear our names, laugh at us while we were down, etc. We share recruiting territory. Our fanbases have genuine disdain for each other. I know it's hard for some of the older posters to see this. They see the old rivalry with PSU and think that is what a rivalry is. Yeah it was one helluva rivalry. But as long as they keep throwing poop at us and we keep peeing in their Kool-aid, I don't think it's fair to say they aren't. 20 years is a long time to be barely over .500 against a team. They don't have our history but they are currently on the same level we are and you are absolutely fooling yourselves to think otherwise. Freaking Meyer told Ash that Piscataway was the better job! I'm 42 years old and hate Rutgers more than any other team we've played in recent history. And I'm not alone.

Heck I was even watching Big Brother this summer and when that JO Paulie started struting around the house in his big red R's, I instantly wanted him gone. Because he wore a shirt. Just sayin'...
Not speaking for anyone else, but the reason I used to despise them and wish ill on the program was Schiano. He's gone, and Flood, who carried on one reprehensible practice, is also gone. Now I don't care. They're in the same bucket as NC State. Meh.

Not speaking for anyone else, but the reason I used to despise them and wish ill on the program was Schiano. He's gone, and Flood, who carried on one reprehensible practice, is also gone. Now I don't care. They're in the same bucket as NC State. Meh.
I can respect that opinion, however the 'Girls fanbase still thinks Schiano is a messiah, so yeah I still don't like them.

Don't post much but will chime in. Can't stand RU and hate them with an unhealthy passion. You know you hate a team when you follow them as much as your own team. Hope they go 0-12 but since they have such low expectations my fear is they will exceed the pre-season views. Hope that Bear Bryant (Coach Ash according to RU Fans) brings Coach Shafer results. It's his first HC gig and aside from the co-D coordinator at OSU for one year really doesn't have an impressive resume. So my prayer for today and tomorrow is for SU to smoke Colgate and for RU to get smoked by UW...oh and that it's another 2 decades before their basketball team makes the NCAA's. Last time was 91 when two SU transfers got them to the dance.

I can respect that opinion, however the 'Girls fanbase still thinks Schiano is a messiah, so yeah I still don't like them.
not so much anymore.most knowlegable ones give him credit for bringing ru from nothing to something barely credible. they also say that as game day coach he was horrible(which we all know)

Some people don't like my opinions, I guess.

Doesn't bother me a whit.

problem is your Maryland manifesto wasn't posted as opinion. You were like Moses proclaiming Maryland would NEVER leave the ACC as the 11th commandment