The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 203 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

I just went over to their board for once and saw this about realignment "IMHO B1G will do a two stage to 18. 2020-2022 range: Texas and FSU. Will blow up Big XII, and wound ACC. Stage two 2023-2025 range: ND + UVa."

They are so full of it

Yeah, the year after ACC Network goes into effect, FSU is going to jump ship. :bang::bat:

I just went over to their board for once and saw this about realignment "IMHO B1G will do a two stage to 18. 2020-2022 range: Texas and FSU. Will blow up Big XII, and wound ACC. Stage two 2023-2025 range: ND + UVa."

They are so full of it
Nah. We're going to the SEC with UNC-CHeat. UNC-CHeat is going there for obvious reasons and we're going because we'll be the mascara on the SEC pig since Vandy is already the lipstick. They've told us we're needed to join them wagging fingers and saying, "Y'all better learn to behave in polite company!" :cool:

Yeah, the year after ACC Network goes into effect, FSU is going to jump ship. :bang::bat:

The quote starts with "IMHO", a rather not-so-humble opinion, the quote gets worse as it continues...

Aside from the obvious issues of GORs, relationships, logistics, networks, etc., the quote ignores the fact that not one team team has interest in playing in the rust belt and the SEC is MUCH closer to three of them! Not to mention the fact that ND does NOT want to join a conference full time. Texas wants to control its conference (does anyone believe that UNL has NOT expressed this concern to the B1G behind closed doors?) and is not ready to play second team behind tOSU and UM, along with MSU, PSU and UNL. Throw in the fact that UVA wants its ACC relationships with teams they have been allied with for 100 years and FSU plainly states they are NOT looking to go anywhere, liking what they have (moving to another conference wold only make a championship run that much harder!) and disliking unreasonable travel (it's bad enough to get Seminole fans to Boston, Pitt and Syracuse and these cities offer things to do as opposed to Iowa and a few others). Oy Vey!

I think the chemical waste in northern Jersey has hit Rutgers fans a bit too hard in the head.

... Throw in the fact that UVA wants its ACC relationships with teams they have been allied with for 100 years ...
The last 2 breaks in our series with UNC-CHeat were 1917-18 when we didn't field a team because of WW I and 1909 when we had a player die on the field vs. Georgetown the week before we would have played UNC-CHeat, but we're going to drop them like a hot potato so we can play outside in Minneapolis during November. :rolleyes:

Do they plan on adding the Patriots in one division and the Cowboys in the other as well?!

Crap! I was told they wanted the Giants in the east with the Cowboys in the west, but Dallas was balking at being separated from NY. As such, they are in talks with San Francisco, Arizona and Seattle (taking only two) to balance the divisions, but I knew that was too far fetched to be real.

The last 2 breaks in our series with UNC-CHeat were 1917-18 when we didn't field a team because of WW I and 1909 when we had a player die on the field vs. Georgetown the week before we would have played UNC-CHeat, but we're going to drop them like a hot potato so we can play outside in Minneapolis during November. :rolleyes:

Let's not forget UVA will also get Rutgers, Wiscy, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, UNL, et al, all of whom the Cavaliers have such a rich history with in lieu of UNC, Duke, NCState, Clemson, etc. This is not a slam on the B1G schools but a reality check on the associations between schools. UVA is going to give a decent travel limitation, regional history with schools they know and have similarities to to play schools with almost no connection and fairly far flung out (three time zones instead of one)

Seriously, if the ACC southern teams were to jump, it would make more sense to jump to the SEC: similar TV money, better regional associations, good history with the SEC teams v. almost no history with B1G teams, and so on.

The B1G would be better off with the PAC teams or the former North Eastern Independents, teams they have played historically. That is why the Rutgers addition never made sense, no history, no value (as a franchise), no ties to the B1G (limited to PSU and UMD).

More likely:

The B1G creates a Jr division and adds a mix of G5 teams + Rutgers. Rutgers is ecstatic "we get the name B1G, but get to win games!" only to realize that their payout is 1/2 of the P5 B1G and they can't win there either.

FSU plainly states they are NOT looking to go anywhere, liking what they have (moving to another conference wold only make a championship run that much harder!)
Whoa now. The ACC Atlantic is the toughest division in football.

Whoa now. The ACC Atlantic is the toughest division in football.

Agreed, now and probably for the next several years. A few years ago, the SEC held that honor. With tOSU and UM looking good and PedState on their heels, the B1G East is not a bad division either, though they have some really nice cream puffs (Rutgers, Indiana). Throwing top level teams in either would only add depth to those divisions.

Reactions: gbo
The quote starts with "IMHO", a rather not-so-humble opinion, the quote gets worse as it continues...

Aside from the obvious issues of GORs, relationships, logistics, networks, etc., the quote ignores the fact that not one team team has interest in playing in the rust belt and the SEC is MUCH closer to three of them! Not to mention the fact that ND does NOT want to join a conference full time. Texas wants to control its conference (does anyone believe that UNL has NOT expressed this concern to the B1G behind closed doors?) and is not ready to play second team behind tOSU and UM, along with MSU, PSU and UNL. Throw in the fact that UVA wants its ACC relationships with teams they have been allied with for 100 years and FSU plainly states they are NOT looking to go anywhere, liking what they have (moving to another conference wold only make a championship run that much harder!) and disliking unreasonable travel (it's bad enough to get Seminole fans to Boston, Pitt and Syracuse and these cities offer things to do as opposed to Iowa and a few others). Oy Vey!

I think the chemical waste in northern Jersey has hit Rutgers fans a bit too hard in the head.
Notre Dame wouldn't join the Big if it was the only conference, their dislike for Michigan knows no end, ask Terry D.

One other problem that Rutgers is having is that BC is recruiting some pretty good players out of NJ. What's really funny about that is that BC coach Anthony Campanile was on Kyle Flood's staff but was let go when the new Rutgers coach came in - I have read that Campaniles's brother is a HS head coach in NJ and so he has many contacts with the schools there. Seems like the new Rutgers coaching staff could have seen that one coming but I guess not!

One other problem that Rutgers is having is that BC is recruiting some pretty good players out of NJ. What's really funny about that is that BC coach Anthony Campanile was on Kyle Flood's staff but was let go when the new Rutgers coach came in - I have read that Campaniles's brother is a HS head coach in NJ and so he has many contacts with the schools there. Seems like the new Rutgers coaching staff could have seen that one coming but I guess not!

He's a former Rutgers player/grad too. Which has to hurt.

There are a lot of Catholics in NJ and many of the powerhouse NJ high school's are Catholic schools.

BC and ND will always do well there.

Directors' Cup standings are out and our old friend Rutgers is easily last of all P5 schools, placing 116 out of 296 schools. We know the football team was bad (and they surely are), but did anyone know the depth of their suckiness? Stolen from their main board, here is how all of their sports ended last year:

1. Overall, Conf
    Men's
    Baseball 19-34, 7-16 (missed B1G playoff)
    Men's Bball 15-18, 3-15 (1 B1G playoff win - last in B1G)
    Men's X-Country - 11th place in Big Ten Championships (last?)
    Football 2-10, 0-9 (last in B1G)
    Men's Golf - T-13th place - last in Big Ten Championships
    Lacrosse - 10-4, 2-3 (missed B1G playoff)
    Men's Soccer - 1-14-2, 0-6-2 (last in B1G)
    Mens Indoor Track & Field - Last at Big Ten Championships
    Wrestling 12-5-1, 6-3 (6th in B1G)

Women's
    Womens Bball 6-24, 3-12
    Women's X-Country - Last in Big Ten Championships
    Field Hockey 9-9, 2-6 (2nd to last in B1G)
    Women's Golf - Last in Big Ten Championships
    Gymnastics 10-15, 1-8 (tied for last in B1G)
    W Lacrosse 8-8, 2-4
    W Rowing - looked like there were a bunch of divisions at B1G Championships and we were last in ALL of them
    W Soccer - 12-5-6, 4-2-5 (Runner up in B1G Playoff)
    Softball 14-37, 5-18 (second to last in B1G - missed playoff)
    Swimming & Diving (9th out of 13 in B1G Championships)
    Tennis 8-13, 2-9 (3rd from last)
    Volleyball 4-29, 0-20 (last in B1G)
    Indoor/ Outdoor Track & Field - couldn't find the team results

Directors' Cup standings are out and our old friend Rutgers is easily last of all P5 schools, placing 116 out of 296 schools. We know the football team was bad (and they surely are), but did anyone know the depth of their suckiness? Stolen from their main board, here is how all of their sports ended last year:

1. Overall, Conf
    Men's
    Baseball 19-34, 7-16 (missed B1G playoff)
    Men's Bball 15-18, 3-15 (1 B1G playoff win - last in B1G)
    Men's X-Country - 11th place in Big Ten Championships (last?)
    Football 2-10, 0-9 (last in B1G)
    Men's Golf - T-13th place - last in Big Ten Championships
    Lacrosse - 10-4, 2-3 (missed B1G playoff)
    Men's Soccer - 1-14-2, 0-6-2 (last in B1G)
    Mens Indoor Track & Field - Last at Big Ten Championships
    Wrestling 12-5-1, 6-3 (6th in B1G)

Women's
    Womens Bball 6-24, 3-12
    Women's X-Country - Last in Big Ten Championships
    Field Hockey 9-9, 2-6 (2nd to last in B1G)
    Women's Golf - Last in Big Ten Championships
    Gymnastics 10-15, 1-8 (tied for last in B1G)
    W Lacrosse 8-8, 2-4
    W Rowing - looked like there were a bunch of divisions at B1G Championships and we were last in ALL of them
    W Soccer - 12-5-6, 4-2-5 (Runner up in B1G Playoff)
    Softball 14-37, 5-18 (second to last in B1G - missed playoff)
    Swimming & Diving (9th out of 13 in B1G Championships)
    Tennis 8-13, 2-9 (3rd from last)
    Volleyball 4-29, 0-20 (last in B1G)
    Indoor/ Outdoor Track & Field - couldn't find the team results

So, what you are really saying the Rutgers leads the P5 in suckiness. I guess they have that going for them. (queue the Bill Murray in Caddyshack scene...)