The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

From SI.com
Kyle Flood, Rutgers -- It's all falling in on Flood
entering year three. Blue chip receiver Saeed Blacknall recently became
the 11th player to de-commit from Rutgers, as his defection to Penn
State reminded everyone again how bleak the future is in Piscataway. The
knock on Flood is that he's too nice, and the program misses Schiano's
iron fist. Good luck in the Big Ten, especially with an embattled
athletic director, Julie Herman, who has little experience handling
football.

'too nice'? That's a strange assessment.
A player quit the team because the DC was bullying him. Where was nice guy Flood then?
Flood has rescinded scholarships to recruits who take official visits to other colleges.
That doesn't sound like a guy who's too nice.

In all seriousness, how long before the B1G has buyers remorse over Rutgers? They really are the epitome of just an empty mouth to feed.

If the TV contract "Bubble" bursts...and the bidding war ends...could we see RU get the boot (a-la Temple)?

what the big is looking at today- syracuse hoops ranked #1 - does rutgers even play basketball they ask?

a syracuse football team that beat one of its own in a bowl and is having a solid recruiting year after a solid first acc season - while rutgers couldnt even compete in the aac for gosh sakes and has imploded on the recruiting trail

if they are happy with the cards they played- i got some ocean front property in oklahoma ill sell them real cheap

'too nice'? That's a strange assessment.
A player quit the team because the DC was bullying him. Where was nice guy Flood then?
Flood has rescinded scholarships to recruits who take official visits to other colleges.
That doesn't sound like a guy who's too nice.
Too nice when compared to this guy:

what the big is looking at today- syracuse hoops ranked #1 - does rutgers even play basketball they ask?

a syracuse football team that beat one of its own in a bowl and is having a solid recruiting year after a solid first acc season - while rutgers couldnt even compete in the aac for gosh sakes and has imploded on the recruiting trail

if they are happy with the cards they played- i got some ocean front property in oklahoma ill sell them real cheap
We jumped first. B1G only had left overs to choose from.

We jumped first. B1G only had left overs to choose from.
Agreed. The B1G did not expect the ACC to take first action, and expected that Syracuse and Pitt the two most valuable properties in the Northeast (with PSU all ready in the B1G fold and ND still a pipe dream) to be available at their beck and call. They should have moved several years ago when they first looked into expansion and limited their action to UNL. They lost out on Syracuse, Pitt and Mizzou because they arrogantly thought that nobody would move without the B1G moving first.

With Rutgers, UConn and Temple the leftovers, it is no wonder that they went hard after Maryland. WVU was never a B1G candidate due to academics.

its like going shopping for a new bmw-waiting a few years to buy and finding all thats available now are yugo's

Basically contrary to the Big 10 slant, Rutgers, Maryland were not the schools the Big wanted. They were taken after Syracuse, Pitt, jumped to the ACC, and Texas A & M, Missouri jumped to the SEC. At that point, the Big 10 had to do something, even when it was the wrong thing. All the nonsense about TV, and cable adds, was just the Big 10 trying to save face. Two schools who couldn't make money in their area, aren't going to pick up any cable money, Penn St is bigger in both area's, and couldn't penetrate the market.

Got a commitment tonight from a LB from Nyack, NY whose only other offers were Maine and Rhode island.

(and their bball team is down 51-17 to Memphis with 2min left in the 1st half.)

Good for them, maybe they can compete with Stony Brook for third tier recruiting domination in NYS.

Is it me or does it seem like the demento world we've suffered through the past 8 years has finally come to a close?

Good for them, maybe they can compete with Stony Brook for third tier recruiting domination in NYS.

Is it me or does it seem like the demento world we've suffered through the past 8 years has finally come to a close?
Well said

It really does actually. Ive been reading the articles on nj.com (nj resident) and to hear the toad talk up their walk-on commitments and diamonds in the rough is comical. In summary...

They have flipped a GTown commit
offered a WR with Appalachian state offer
had a WR from colorado decommit to Miami of ohio
got a LB with Maine and Rhode Island Offers

Hearing strong rumors that GRob is being lined up to take over for Flood next year at Rutty.

The high-knee, drop-step, skip by the QB will return. Jon Meldrum coming on as OL coach.

It really does actually. Ive been reading the articles on nj.com (nj resident) and to hear the toad talk up their walk-on commitments and diamonds in the rough is comical. In summary...

They have flipped a GTown commit
offered a WR with Appalachian state offer
had a WR from colorado decommit to Miami of ohio
got a LB with Maine and Rhode Island Offers

keep in mind that WR that decommitted to Miami of Ohio actually decommited from Miami of Ohio to commit to Rutgers. I guess when he thought about a little more, Miami of Ohio had a better future.

I'm sure this has been said many time many way on this thread and throughout this board, but RU's class is really, really overrated. They are very, very bad. Sure they are ranked about what we are, but our 3* players have other BCS offers (some of which were from elite BCS schools). RU, however, has a bunch of 3* players who only have other offers from g5 schools (many of which are low g5 schools). That's not a good omen for them and I love every minute of it. Net year should be even worse, given they have to play a BCS schedule and Flood is almost certainly going to get fired.

The only thing that could make this better is if UCONN completely fell apart.
...oh wait...

It's a good day to be Orange.

I'm sure this has been said many time many way on this thread and throughout this board, but RU's class is really, really overrated. They are very, very bad. Sure they are ranked about what we are, but our 3* players have other BCS offers (some of which were from elite BCS schools). RU, however, has a bunch of 3* players who only have other offers from g5 schools (many of which are low g5 schools). That's not a good omen for them and I love every minute of it. Net year should be even worse, given they have to play a BCS schedule and Flood is almost certainly going to get fired.

The only thing that could make this better is if UCONN completely fell apart.
...oh wait...

It's a good day to be Orange.
They are getting the recruits we landed from 2004 - 2010

From SI.com
Kyle Flood, Rutgers -- It's all falling in on Flood
entering year three. Blue chip receiver Saeed Blacknall recently became
the 11th player to de-commit from Rutgers, as his defection to Penn
State reminded everyone again how bleak the future is in Piscataway. The
knock on Flood is that he's too nice, and the program misses Schiano's
iron fist. Good luck in the Big Ten, especially with an embattled
athletic director, Julie Herman, who has little experience handling
football.
Espn.com:
Rutgers will go down as most disappointing

This time last year, Rutgers fans were riding high. The Scarlet Knights were making the move to the Big Ten, 13 New Jersey prospects were ranked as four stars or higher and many expected Rutgers to capitalize on the recruiting trail. Fast-forward to today, and Rutgers' 2014 class will be signing day's most disappointing class. At one point, the Knights had one of the best groups in the Big Ten, featuring local players such as four-star Saeed Blacknall(Manalapan, N.J./ Manalapan). But 12 decommitments later, Rutgers is limping into signing day. It's a remarkable level of attrition for a team that hasn't been hit with NCAA sanctions or had a coaching change. There's just no way to put a positive spin on things for Rutgers.

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/story?id=10398083

Several R ivals posters believe there are going to be a couple big defensive surprises today. I can't wait to bask in their disappointment.

Several R ivals posters believe there are going to be a couple big defensive surprises today. I can't wait to bask in their disappointment.
Losing a couple more 2-stars?

Little bummed Rovals is down today. Was looking forward to the Rutgers schadenfreude.

Rutgers has pulled 13 schollys so far. They'd rather compete with Hofstra (no football program) and SW Penn Tech St for kids.

over at nj.com they are talking about how they have a better class than we do-
pretty sure they still count the decommits because the kids they did get didnt have any real offers

Got a commitment tonight from a LB from Nyack, NY whose only other offers were Maine and Rhode island.

(and their bball team is down 51-17 to Memphis with 2min left in the 1st half.)

"Joe Rossi offered Margolis over the telephone, and he accepted on the spot.

Margolis is being offered by Rutgers to play linebacker, while his offers from Maine and Rhode Island are to play wide receiver."

WR turned LB? Really? Did anybody even recruit this kid as a LB? Seriously this class is worse than anything we had to try salvaging when P got fired, Grob got fired, etc. Holy flaming dogspit batman!!! I wanted NJ State to feel the pain we felt while they laughed at us during the Grob years thinking they had arrived. I never in my wildest dreams imagined it would happen overnight. RU football in the last 12 months has completely imploded.

"Joe Rossi offered Margolis over the telephone, and he accepted on the spot.

Margolis is being offered by Rutgers to play linebacker, while his offers from Maine and Rhode Island are to play wide receiver."

WR turned LB? Really? Did anybody even recruit this kid as a LB? Seriously this class is worse than anything we had to try salvaging when P got fired, Grob got fired, etc. Holy flaming dogspit batman!!! I wanted NJ State to feel the pain we felt while they laughed at us during the Grob years thinking they had arrived. I never in my wildest dreams imagined it would happen overnight. RU football in the last 12 months has completely imploded.
Dushawn Davis made the exact switch. Not saying this guy is anything like Davis.