The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Way to throw a blanket over every single person who is in their 30's. I will take offense to that comment, as did CIL.

I've worked hard enough, in my childish age, to make my way up the investment world. Went from grunt intern to partner over the last 10+ years. That paid off last year when I was able to launch my own investment advisory firm. Tossed everything I had built-up and threw it on the line. It was a ballsy move, but I wanted control and took the bull by the horns and did it. Fortunately, it has been more successful than I ever envisioned at this point.

I am currently raising my 15 month-old daughter with my beautiful wife who happens to be in the medical field. We were saturated with student loans and have finally begun climbing our way out of a deep hole of debt. I wasn't given a free ride on someone else's ticket, nor was my wife. My wife's father has been a mechanic in the Mohawk Valley for the last 40+ years. They had less than a pot to piss in growing up.

When I was 10, I once asked my father for $5 to head to the movies. He proceeded to say, "What have you done for me today? Go get a job if you want to enjoy those types of things." So that's exactly what I did, haven't stopped working for myself since. And I'm 100% OK with that, frankly, that's how it should be. Nothing in this life is handed to you.

Self-entitled? If doing the above is self-entitled, then I guess I am.

Coddled? I roofed houses, worked in a steel mill and bartended throughout college to make some money for books. Also, worked full-time when I was a senior in HS and always had summer/winter jobs in the younger years.

I have a few buddies who are active duty in the military and have been for the last 15 years. I myself happened to be very close to enlisting in the Marines right after graduation, but didn't for various reasons. I would love to see some sort of military service obligation. I think it would help a lot of kids get on the right track and teach them respect. I am a huge supporter of our military and the troops behind the scenes. They will never, ever get enough respect for what they've done for us and that is not right.

I'm not looking for praise from you or anybody, but comments like yours are ignorant and flat-out untrue. There are bad eggs in every generation (20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, etc). There are also great people in every generation. Just remember, at some point down the road, someone in my generation might be changing your diapers in a nursing home.

For your reading pleasure.

http://nypost.com/2010/05/10/the-worst-generation/

You must be one of 'them'

Which 'them' do you mean? From one of your earlier posts, I think I'm one of your 'thems'.

Kind of get the feeling that this thread has lost it's way. Hoping to read some amusing jabs at Rutgers but find that it's turned into an inter-generational pi$$ing contest. Not good. :eek:Oh Lord:eek:

Which 'them' do you mean? From one of your earlier posts, I think I'm one of your 'thems'.

Kind of get the feeling that this thread has lost it's way. Hoping to read some amusing jabs at Rutgers but find that it's turned into an inter-generational pi$$ing contest. Not good. :eek:Oh Lord:eek:

I'll start a thread in the OT forum to battle with Townie.

I miss bashing Rutgers as well. Raging dumpster fires are more fun to talk about anyways.

As a baby boomer, I can't see my generation accusing any other of deficiencies. We've crapped up the world real well. Started wars that we made 20 and 30 somethings die in. We've been as selfish and self-involved as any generation could possibly be. Gen Y may have its own issues, but that's not a stone for me to throw.

Amazing that this thread has grown to such proportions.

Even funnier that the subject matter is occurring when Rutgers is on the verge of rejoining the big table. Seriously, how can you mess that up?

Just when we think they cannot get worse, they one-up themselves and do it again!

The longest history in CFB Bowl Division and still have nothing to show for it. Gaining a seat at the big boys table and they are securing a legacy as Indiana's lap dog, before actually joining.

joisey state - where dynasty's are made by playing in the first ever game and never following that up with anything else-we believe being in the first game can never be topped is the joisey state motto

joisey state - where dynasty's are made by playing in the first ever game and never following that up with anything else-we believe being in the first game can never be topped is the joisey state motto

"First in football. Who cares if we win" as seen on the entrance to their stadium. (Can we get a photoshop here?)

LOL Big News for the Girls today

***Walk-on Caleb Perez commits*** Reply

caleb texted me that hes gonna walk on at RU as a preferred walk onMatt Hladik
Editor and Lead Writer:
NJVarsity.com
Writer: ScarletNation.com

12 decommits has to be w world record -
now they are dumpster diving in a attempt to fill the class and they didnt even hire a new staff- they just mismanaged the whole process to the point they must be having flashbacks to a time when they sucked moose balls-you know about 2004

I haven't heard a peep about renewing this series. Outside of any emotion, doesn't it make a lot of sense for both sides to keep a NE rivalry going between two B5 programs? Inside of any emotion, F Rutgers.

I haven't heard a peep about renewing this series. Outside of any emotion, doesn't it make a lot of sense for both sides to keep a NE rivalry going between two B5 programs? Inside of any emotion, F Rutgers.
We can keep a series going but there has never been a rivalry. Four games per decade max.

Would rather make it Penn State. Much more history.
I agree, much more and much better history. I was limiting my comment to Rutgwith eye towards NJ recruits. Nothing more.

If it was practical, Syracuse should play Texas schools for even better recruiting than NJ, but I don't believe it to be practical.

I agree, much more and much better history. I was limiting my comment to Rutgwith eye towards NJ recruits. Nothing more.

If it was practical, Syracuse should play Texas schools for even better recruiting than NJ, but I don't believe it to be practical.
Yeah, I agree.

From SI.com
Kyle Flood, Rutgers -- It's all falling in on Flood
entering year three. Blue chip receiver Saeed Blacknall recently became
the 11th player to de-commit from Rutgers, as his defection to Penn
State reminded everyone again how bleak the future is in Piscataway. The
knock on Flood is that he's too nice, and the program misses Schiano's
iron fist. Good luck in the Big Ten, especially with an embattled
athletic director, Julie Herman, who has little experience handling
football.

In all seriousness, how long before the B1G has buyers remorse over Rutgers? They really are the epitome of just an empty mouth to feed.

If the TV contract "Bubble" bursts...and the bidding war ends...could we see RU get the boot (a-la Temple)?

In all seriousness, how long before the B1G has buyers remorse over Rutgers? They really are the epitome of just an empty mouth to feed.

If the TV contract "Bubble" bursts...and the bidding war ends...could we see RU get the boot (a-la Temple)?
I think B1G fans have had buyers remorse since it was announced. I think school heads will not have it unless the BTN flops in Jersey. The school heads were promised big paydays down the road, they will hold out unless it becomes clear that the paydays will not be as promised.

12 decommits has to be w world record -
now they are dumpster diving in a attempt to fill the class and they didnt even hire a new staff- they just mismanaged the whole process to the point they must be having flashbacks to a time when they sucked moose balls-you know about 2004

I think it's 13 decommits now with the Miami OH commit that flipped to them then flipped back to Miami OH.