The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 460 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Isn’t Campanile the former coach from Bergen Catholic or Don Bosco?

Also, isn’t Nunzio a perfect name for a coach from Jersey?
Rutgers staff photo:

1665348257192.jpeg

That's not the person they should fire.
Agreed, but with the stupid 8 year agreement and guaranteed payout, not to mention perennial red ink AD revenues, Rutgers cannot afford to fire the responsible party. Ironically, he fires a guy that would probably do better if Shady would have left him alone to do his job rather than be the micro manager he is and make every stupid decision possible, so the new guy will not be making any offense changes. Shady will still think he is smarter than everyone else, out-think himself, play QB roulette, try trick plays, never develop a QB, and count on the defense to win rock fights. Love it.

This is why this thread exists. It is so VERY good to be ORANGE!

Does he take the quarterback wheel with him? I assume the OC spins a wheel before each play to figure out which QB runs the play.
I think it was a Shady gimmick. No sane OC would rotate QB play after play after play. No QB can get into a rhythm. It's hard enough to rotate series between QBs. Also, we know Shady loves gimmicks. To be sure, I have no inside info, but unless the OC owns it, I will have a hard time believing it isn't Shady's plan.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone noticed (and this will NOT turn into a Tommy DeVito thread), but after DeVito got hurt, former Rutgers QB Artur Sitkowski took over. 13-19 for a grand total of 74 yards.

Left Rutgers, had a pedestrian day in relief, and got the win for the (now) 24th-ranked college team in the country. Leaving his former team alone in first place for the longest stretch of not being ranked. How SUNJ is that?

Suck it, Rutgers.

I think it was a Shady gimmick. No sane OC would rotate QB play after play after play. No QB can get into a rhythm. It's hard enough to totaled series between QBs. Also, we know Shady loves gimmicks. To be sure, I have no inside info, but unless the OC owns it, I will have a hard time believing it isn't Shady's plan.
This is a guy that ran the wildcat the whole season with receivers. So I bet this was his doing. Shady probably fired him because he wanted to play one QB. LOL.

Awh too bad. Their prized OC hire didnt work out. Kyle Flood and even Ash had better offenses. Greg sucks when he cant load up on SWAC teams and a watered down Big East. LOLLOL

I have some close family through a marriage that are huge RU fans. They just stopped their tickets/donations during the pandemic. It was a combo a things, but they hated the Shady re-hire. Didn't like his antics post his RU1.0 tenure, and the strings he's pulling.

The problem for them here now if things keep going this way, the thinking now is "if the guy who was the only guy bring Rutgers to any national prominence can't bring them back to even respectability, then who TF can at this point?"

They are poised to be a forever doormat in football and be competitive in non-revenue sports where may have a slight edge every few years. I don't see the state putting up billion dollar investments for all their sports. Because at this point, that's what they need.

No one freaking cares about them and I'm 2 counties away. The shaded out R magnets are all falling off the cars.

Having Kelsey Grammer on the sideline vs Nebraska was the kiss of death. They did better with James Gandolfini. C’mon, Frasier??

I have some close family through a marriage that are huge RU fans. They just stopped their tickets/donations during the pandemic. It was a combo a things, but they hated the Shady re-hire. Didn't like his antics post his RU1.0 tenure, and the strings he's pulling.

The problem for them here now if things keep going this way, the thinking now is "if the guy who was the only guy bring Rutgers to any national prominence can't bring them back to even respectability, then who TF can at this point?"

They are poised to be a forever doormat in football and be competitive in non-revenue sports where may have a slight edge every few years. I don't see the state putting up billion dollar investments for all their sports. Because at this point, that's what they need.

No one freaking cares about them and I'm 2 counties away. The shaded out R magnets are all falling off the cars.
I want to bathe in this post. I’ll drink till I figure it out.

Having Kelsey Grammer on the sideline vs Nebraska was the kiss of death. They did better with James Gandolfini. C’mon, Frasier??
Why was he there? He's not an alum, right?

Should have featured Niles instead. He must be a loyal friend to go see that train wreck of a team.

Not sure if anyone noticed (and this will NOT turn into a Tommy DeVito thread), but after DeVito got hurt, former Rutgers QB Artur Sitkowski took over. 13-19 for a grand total of 74 yards.

Left Rutgers, had a pedestrian day in relief, and got the win for the (now) 24th-ranked college team in the country. Leaving his former team alone in first place for the longest stretch of not being ranked. How SUNJ is that?

Suck it, Rutgers.
He had a bunch of one yard passes.

When I looked at the box score, his average yards per pass was 3.2.
Looks like he got red hot later in the game to finish with 5.7 yards/pass.