The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 462 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Thee Kelsey Grammer!?!
The famous Scarlet Knight Media Influencer.
Jesus, how will they top that eminence grise - Ryan Seacrest
reportedly, Kelsey is an owner of some alcoholic beverage being manufactured
in the New Brunswick area... he probably crossed paths with some in the RU
administration who invited him to the game... he has no connection otherwise

I have no knowledge of this but my guess is there is a plan for Beck here at Syracuse to take over the offense when Anae retires. Not sure what the time frame is. My other guess is that working for GS has a lot of
Negatives and it’s probably a known commodity in the coaching circles

I thought GS meant Garrett Shrader and did a double take.

I am here to answer any respectful questions...
If the good fans here can keep it with that, I could go back and forth

If you just want to trash the program in reply to me, I will not answer further
If I do not respond, it is for that reason, I will be gone for a good while.

so it is up to you, here...

that said,

I am a long time RU football and bb fan, going back to the 70"s

the current state of the RU football program mirrors a lot of the problems we have had in the past... the defense, except against a team like OSU, is good enough to win games, but the offense is a mess

part of the offense problem was having to go with the 3rd string qb, and he was not ready...couple that with a weak passing blocking line, and questionable
play calling... I think even with an average qb, that qb would struggle with the pass blocking. ...RU has, and has always had decent running backs

I see a lot of talk about how RU got "blown out" by Iowa... some may not
realize that Iowa only had one offense touchdown...and that touchdown was a result of a very bad pass interference call in the end zone, on an uncatchable throw on a 3rd down... it should have resulted in a field goal attempt

not to make an excuse, but just to show that our defense is and was good enough to win the middle of the road, or lower level big 10 games.

I supported the rehire of Greg S, but he never was a good offensive coach... he either stifles the OC, or has made bad OC hires in the past...I am not in position to say which

The majority seemed to want an OC change now, and to hire someone who can be creative and possibly solve some of the problems..

that would require Greg to be hands off, and to be honest, I don't think he can be
I don't expect our interim OC to be a miracle worker

I always remain optimistic... I know you like to portray RU fans as crazed or deluded...I am neither... like any Syracuse fan, you go to the games, watch on tv and hope for the best, with no overly optimistic expectations...

we are 3-3 right now, and, with the schedule left, could win one or possibly two, if all of a sudden, then find something on offense...
Thanks for the report, watching the game Friday night the offense was just lost. I would just stick with one QB and go from there. Thought RU played well enough to win and then just shot themselves in the foot.

that said,

the current state of the RU football program mirrors a lot of the problems we have had in the past... the defense, except against a team like OSU, is good enough to win games, but the offense is a mess

part of the offense problem was having to go with the 3rd string qb, and he was not ready...couple that with a weak passing blocking line, and questionable
play calling... I think even with an average qb, that qb would struggle with the pass blocking. ...RU has, and has always had decent running backs

realize that Iowa only had one offense touchdown...and that touchdown was a result of a very bad pass interference call in the end zone, on an uncatchable throw on a 3rd down... it should have resulted in a field goal attempt

not to make an excuse, but just to show that our defense is and was good enough to win the middle of the road, or lower level big 10 games.

I supported the rehire of Greg S, but he never was a good offensive coach... he either stifles the OC, or has made bad OC hires in the past...I am not in position to say which

The majority seemed to want an OC change now, and to hire someone who can be creative and possibly solve some of the problems..

that would require Greg to be hands off, and to be honest, I don't think he can be

I always remain optimistic... I know you like to portray RU fans as crazed or deluded...I am neither... like any Syracuse fan, you go to the games, watch on tv and hope for the best, with no overly optimistic expectations...

we are 3-3 right now, and, with the schedule left, could win one or possibly two, if all of a sudden, then find something on offense...
Do you think Wimsatt is the answer at QB or someone else on the roster or is someone else needed?

Thanks for the report, watching the game Friday night the offense was just lost. I would just stick with one QB and go from there. Thought RU played well enough to win and then just shot themselves in the foot.
thanks for the reply
Vedral would have been game one starter, and he got injured days before game one
Wimsatt, got hurt shortly there after, in the first couple of games

Schiano likes to play games with not admitting if players are hurt, then he tries to disguise it

yes, everyone agrees he should stick with one qb... Vedral got off to a decent start against Nebraska...two thirty yard or so completions...

I think we would have stuck with him, but his injury was to his throwing hand, and he could not continue throwing as the game wore on...

Do you think Wimsatt is the answer at QB or someone else on the roster or is someone else needed?
the fans were very optimistic with Wimsatt early on, and the board moderators thought he would be a day one starter

to be honest, he has a very strong arm but has not shown the accuracy you could depend on... He also would throw it long to the primary receiver, even if that receiver was double teamed...

the one positive is that he is a good running threat, so he can gain yards, and it opens up the running for the other backs, the defensive backs have to be wary of the handoff or the fake

I am disappointed as of now, I thought he would be more accurate up to this point...

He has not played much due to the injury...coach always makes it sound day to day, but, he has not played over the past couple... so as far as improving, he hasn't had a chance

and yes, we definitely need another qb... at this point it might be another portal if he wants one

the fans were very optimistic with Wimsatt early on, and the board moderators thought he would be a day one starter

to be honest, he has a very strong arm but has not shown the accuracy you could depend on... He also would throw it long to the primary receiver, even if that receiver was double teamed...

the one positive is that he is a good running threat, so he can gain yards, and it opens up the running for the other backs, the defensive backs have to be wary of the handoff or the fake

I am disappointed as of now, I thought he would be more accurate up to this point...

He has not played much due to the injury...coach always makes it sound day to day, but, he has not played over the past couple... so as far as improving, he hasn't had a chance

and yes, we definitely need another qb... at this point it might be another portal if he wants one

Is Cruishank a senior? He was one of the only bright spots in your game against Nebraska, for both teams.

What's Schiano's contract and buyout, and how long do you think it will take before the pressure mounts on Hobbs to eat the contract and start looking for a replacement?

Is Cruishank a senior? He was one of the only bright spots in your game against Nebraska, for both teams.

What's Schiano's contract and buyout, and how long do you think it will take before the pressure mounts on Hobbs to eat the contract and start looking for a replacement?
I would have to check on Cruikshank not sure

I can tell you that Schiano has got a long leash
Some fans might be unhappy with him, but his job is secure.
He would have at least three years after this
imo. I would give him that also

Edit. I think crunshank is in last year

I agree he should be used more
Also
Returning kickoffs in the endzone, take some chances

Last edited:
Yup, this is why the bitching and moaning about how other struggling schools selling out games is over blown, they can claim they’re sold out whenever they want (and Syracuse can too) but that doesn’t mean the stadium is full

Yup, this is why the bitching and moaning about how other struggling schools selling out games is over blown, they can claim they’re sold out whenever they want (and Syracuse can too) but that doesn’t mean the stadium is full
I would estimate about 40,000 in the stands
late first quarter
A lot of fans never leave the tailgate

that said,

yer defense is ok but it's performed best against the 3 most offensively challenged teams BC, NE and Iowa. You realize that Iowa is averaging about 12 points per game this season and has games scoring only 7 (vs South Dakota St), 7, 14 and 6.

Gleeson was universally believed to be a home run hire by RU fans. the problem is your HC isn't good and then the talent is overrated so fans are deluded with higher expectations. worse case scenario.

Last edited:

that said,

Gotcha. I think you guys have enough talent to win 6 or 7 games but your coach is too much of a micro manager. I understand why they brought him back. He's the best they've had there and what would be the alternative?

We can speak respectfully outside this thread, I have no problem with that. As far as this thread, it is what it is. You know that. We are not going to change it for you. You decide to come here. We dont force you. I dont go to rutgers boards expecting people to be nice to me. So don't tell me how to reply in a thread designed to trash rutgers. Btw Ive been treated way worse on their board.

Their OC was not the problem. Gerg can't give up control of his offense because he knows better than everyone. Can't wait to see them get worse.

Really hope Beck is smart enough to stay away. He deserves a shot, but he needs a coach that will let him call the game. A retread looking for one last pay day should jump at that job, but not anyone with a real future.
Agree.

Rutgers is going to have a tough time filling this position. Schiano has developed a reputation as a hard coach to work for. You know money remains a problem. There is little in the way of talent to work with and most of all, there is an extreme lack of stability at Rutgers.

It is highly likely the whole staff will be gone in a year or two. That is their history and it will continue.

yer defense is ok but it's performed best against the 3 offensively challenge teams BC, NE and Iowa. You realize that Iowa is averaging about 12 points per game this season and has games scoring only 7 (vs South Dakota St), 7, 14 and 6.

Gleeson was universally believed to be a home run hire by RU fans. the problem is your HC isn't good and then the talent is overrated so fans are deluded with higher expectations. worse case scenario.
The average number of wins expected by fans this year was in the 4-5 range
Many predicted three

Gotcha. I think you guys have enough talent to win 6 or 7 games but your coach is too much of a micro manager. I understand why they brought him back. He's the best they've had there and what would be the alternative?

We can speak respectfully outside this thread, I have no problem with that. As far as this thread, it is what it is. You know that. We are not going to change it for you. You decide to come here. We dont force you. I dont go to rutgers boards expecting people to be nice to me. So don't tell me how to reply in a thread designed to trash rutgers. Btw Ive been treated way worse on their board.
I was asked by one of your fans to give my opinion on stuff, so I did it
Go up above and see when I began here

I am sure you are grown up enough to control yourself for a while, at least in your direct responses

Agree.

Rutgers is going to have a tough time filling this position. Schiano has developed a reputation as a hard coach to work for. You know money remains a problem. There is little in the way of talent to work with and most of all, there is an extreme lack of stability at Rutgers.

It is highly likely the whole staff will be gone in a year or two. That is their history and it will continue.
They will give Greg a lot longer chance than a year or two

I'd say the talent is there for them to get 5-6 every year. The coaching is going to keep them from taking the leap. Greg is not in the old Big East building his resume against some poor teams.

The B10E is stupid, like our division.

Also - Pharm73 do you believe your recruit rankings are inflated?

090E70A4-9721-4EA3-9298-23099D682CEF.jpeg

284FCD1B-896E-4EC7-9C0E-95B579B2FC6D.jpeg

This was obvious pass interference. It was a 6’4” TE and that ball would have been potentially catchable. The only college player that wouldn’t have been catchable for is Deuce Vaughn.

I was asked by one of your fans to give my opinion on stuff, so I did it
Go up above and see when I began here

I am sure you are grown up enough to control yourself for a while, at least in your direct responses
When have I not responded to you in a mature manner? You started off wrong by telling me how I should react. No need to say that when it’s hasn’t been done before.

I'd say the talent is there for them to get 5-6 every year. The coaching is going to keep them from taking the leap. Greg is not in the old Big East building his resume against some poor teams.

I didn't realize Rutgers signed Schiano to an 8 year contract in 2019.

Yes, I agree, they are too broke to buy him out that early.
Greg is still considered a bit of a hero from his first go round and a Jersey guy sldo

If he totally shits the bed they would not pull the trigger on him till late in the contract
Partly not to eat a huge contract but mostly to give him all the chance they can

When have I not responded to you in a mature manner? You started off wrong by telling me how I should react. No need to say that when it’s hasn’t been done before.
No you always responded nicely
It sounded like you said you did not want to
On this thread Which is here for insults
I get it

I in turn will ask you to look at Rivals evaluation of the 2023 verbals so far
Mostly 5.5 and extremely mediocre

No you always responded nicely
It sounded like you said you did not want to
On this thread Which is here for insults
I get it
Gotcha. I’m talking about the thread it self. We are going to continue to do what we do.