The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 478 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

yeah but they are part of the future. and we are iffy at best.

i have hated this thread since day 1. always worried about the karma.
Their “future” is just more of getting stomped by conference opponents while their athletic department perfects the craft of incompetence.

Rutgers is the poster child for the fact that increased revenue means nothing more than increased revenue. The most exciting day of the year for Rutgers is the day the B1G media check arrives. The other 364 days suuuuuuuck.

There are worse fates than SU being left out of the power 2.5 someday. Like being the absolute dregs of the power 2.5.

Their “future” is just more of getting stomped by conference opponents while their athletic department perfects the craft of incompetence.

Rutgers is the poster child for the fact that increased revenue means nothing more than increased revenue. The most exciting day of the year for Rutgers is the day the B1G media check arrives. The other 364 days suuuuuuuck.

There are worse fates than SU being left out of the power 2.5 someday. Like being the absolute dregs of the power 2.5.
100%. And we won’t be left out, the Big 12 absolutely would take us in a second.

100%. And we won’t be left out, the Big 12 absolutely would take us in a second.
That’ll be a big decision for us, when that day comes. Either join the Land of Misfit Schools Conference and be in the .5 of the 2.5 power conferences… or take football independent and rejoin the Big East.

yeah but they are part of the future. and we are iffy at best.

i have hated this thread since day 1. always worried about the karma.
What future? Getting their teeth kicked in every week and living off the coat tails of other programs? There's no sympathy for them in this thread. If you dont like the thread then dont be influenced to read what's in it.

What future? Getting their teeth kicked in every week and living off the coat tails of other programs? There's no sympathy for them in this thread. If you dont like the thread then dont be influenced to read what's in it.

if we dont get a seat at the table, im not 100% sure we keep d1 football.

Excited Gold GIF

But they beat Louisville the week they were ranked #3. So, by NJ math, RU should have a #2 ranking.

Or was that more than 10 years ago? In that case, round them up to a #1 because... inflation.
That Thursday night was the pinnacle of RU football. They lit the ESB red for goodness sake!!

Crazy right? They seemingly get a lot of love every year from the Big Ten reporters as a dark horse.
They have to do something to puff up Rutgers. How else can the B1G justify a D4* team.

D4 team: A team that may be placed in Divisions 1, 2, or 3; but has failed to perform in any remarkable manner leaving conference mates to wonder why they are in the conference to begin with. See also monster shutout, especially when suffered within the same season.

I’m sorta thinking about betting on Rutgers. And if I wasn’t a Cuse fan - betting AGAINST that 23.5 point spread with Western Michigan. Do I need to seek psychiatric advice?

I hope Shitano is rutgers coach forever. We are just getting started in NJ and as long as that tool remains coach we will continue to make progress. He sucks on all levels so hes perfect for them.

I hope Shitano is rutgers coach forever. We are just getting started in NJ and as long as that tool remains coach we will continue to make progress. He sucks on all levels so hes perfect for them.
He isn’t Ash but we will take it. I just love that their task just got 100X more difficult with the four PAC 12 teams coming in, they have zero chance against USC, Oregon and Washington and maybe a 5% chance against UCLA. Basically, when they aren’t playing Northwestern or Indiana(maybe MSU) they aren’t winning a damn thing beyond the Wagner’s of the world