The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 98 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Caption this Photo Contest!

-fa47da2230e9d284.jpg
Future's so bright gonna need shades

That Forde column about Rutgers/B1G was awesome. And I greatly dislike Forde.

Love this zinger:

"Of all the realignment maneuvers of the past five years, adding the Scarlet Knights is liking signing up for a lifetime case of poison ivy rash."

Ba BOOM.
He could have spiced it up a bit by adding "to your testicles" after "poison ivy rash", but I tend to take things too far.

wait wait wait...you actually think Flood contacting the professor and then having a face to face meeting with the professor, and then editing the player's paper in an attempt to get a better grade to become academically eligible, was about helping the kid and not about getting a good player eligible to help the team win? That is stunningly naive.

If he truly cared about the kid, he'd have used the failing grade as a teaching moment to lead to better and more responsible study habits that will serve him far better in the real world. Bailing out the kid's academic mistakes in actively harming the kid longterm.
i agree to a point---is it different than what jim did???floods editing the of the paper was sanctioned---the rest of what u said i do not disagree with.--- it was more than floods editing a paper, which i may add WE HAVE DONE WORSE. i am more disturb by the atemtted alleged cover up by flood. truly care about the kid??? look at our history CLOSELY PARTICLARLY AS recent as marrone ---then say what you want.---this would not even be news in the sec, michigan, pac 10 and big 12---used a failing grade as a teaching moment for a football player??? that is more like a teaching moment for B.M.

i agree to a point---is it different than what jim did???floods editing the of the paper was sanctioned---the rest of what u said i do not disagree with.--- it was more than floods editing a paper, which i may add WE HAVE DONE WORSE. i am more disturb by the atemtted alleged cover up by flood. truly care about the kid??? look at our history CLOSELY PARTICLARLY AS recent as marrone ---then say what you want.---this would not even be news in the sec, michigan, pac 10 and big 12---used a failing grade as a teaching moment for a football player??? that is more like a teaching moment for B.M.
BS. One of our academic support people added citations to Fab's paper. That's what we got in trouble for. Flood actually edited and changed the body of a students paper and also contacted and met with a professor-both things that he was clearly instructed not to do. The best part is that after Flood "helped" with his paper, the grade didn't change. He's obviously not the smartest.

Because of the Fab situation, JB got suspended, lost a ton of wins, and we lost an absurd number of scholarships. If the NCAA takes a look at Rutgers I don't see how they get any less punishment. They'd better hope that they don't have a drug policy that they ignored since I doubt all those players were just flushing the weed after those home invasions.

BS. One of our academic support people added citations to Fab's paper. That's what we got in trouble for. Flood actually edited and changed the body of a students paper and also contacted and met with a professor-both things that he was clearly instructed not to do. The best part is that after Flood "helped" with his paper, the grade didn't change. He's obviously not the smartest.

Because of the Fab situation, JB got suspended, lost a ton of wins, and we lost an absurd number of scholarships. If the NCAA takes a look at Rutgers I don't see how they get any less punishment. They'd better hope that they don't have a drug policy that they ignored since I doubt all those players were just flushing the weed after those home invasions.
evidently u did not read the article today in the post standard---read it please---jb totally innocent? u are naive

The big difference is Fab got cleared and ended up playing whereas the Rutgers guy did not. I can see them getting some kind of punishment due to not following their own academic policy (like us and our drug policy), but they actually got lucky that the grade didn't get changed and Barnwell play or they most definitely would have had some major sanctions drop on them. I agree with everything you said about Flood's intentions and him being fully responsible though so I can't imagine he even finishes the season.

Last edited:
Caption this Photo Contest!

-fa47da2230e9d284.jpg

Flood: James, baby I tried to cover up my inappropriate contact with a professor
Franklin: you're an amateur. I tried to cover up a sexual assault.
Flood: let's agree that we are both sleazebags
Franklin: agreed!

I have not said a word about Syracuse. What Syracuse may or may not have done regarding any student athlete is a complete red herring here, and a classic case of grasping at straws. You - with a straight face - tried to claim that Flood was out of the goodness of his heart selflessly only looking out for the best interest of his player. I pointed out how incredibly naive it was for you to think such a thing, and Flood's action before, during, and subsequent cover up demonstrate that he clearly knew he was violating policy and ethics and was simply trying to get his best players eligible. Your remark had nothing to do with Syracuse, my response had nothing to do with Syracuse, and your invoking of Syracuse is only an attempt to muddy the waters of your outlandish whitewashing of Flood's motives.

evidently u did not read the article today in the post standard---read it please---jb totally innocent? u are naive
Congrats on avoiding responding to anything I mentioned in my post. I never said JB is totally innocent. I never said he's innocent at all. What I did say is that both situations seem pretty comparable so hopefully you and your Rutgers fanboys can expect a loss of 25% of your scholarships for the next four years.

Also, could you please send future posts to Flood for editing before you hit post? They're tough to read.

Does Bielima end up at rutgirls,he has to be on the hot seat after getting his ass kicked 2 weeks in a row and next week as well. From Wisconsin to the 'girls just for chasing coaching jobs.....haha

Does Bielima end up at rutgirls,he has to be on the hot seat after getting his ass kicked 2 weeks in a row and next week as well. From Wisconsin to the 'girls just for chasing coaching jobs...haha
His wife blasted them a few years ago ... Right before Rutgers stomped a poor Arkansas team

His wife blasted them a few years ago ... Right before Rutgers stomped a poor Arkansas team
Rutger's is that type of desperate program,they hired their A.D. with a checkered background. Bielima is a big ten style coach and I can't see him lasting at Arkansas under these current conditions.

Rutger's is that type of desperate program,they hired their A.D. with a checkered background. Bielima is a big ten style coach and I can't see him lasting at Arkansas under these current conditions.

Especially after the TTU coach put him on blast in his presser ... pure media gold.