The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 189 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Since joining the Big Ten:

6-48 in conference play in hoops.
4-21 in football.

Wow.

Reading about Rutgers recent success in Lax on Rivals sounds like they invented the sport. I remember a few years ago when they commented about our success in the sport. As I recall they said basically, "Who plays Lax anyways. Does anyone really watch the sport"? I believe we were ranked number at the time. Kind of sounds like when they finally won a couple of football games a few years ago. Now, they will own Lax according to them. Of course, they won't bring up their past in Lax because, they don't believe in history.

Reading about Rutgers recent success in Lax on Rivals sounds like they invented the sport. I remember a few years ago when they commented about our success in the sport. As I recall they said basically, "Who plays Lax anyways. Does anyone really watch the sport"? I believe we were ranked number at the time. Kind of sounds like when they finally won a couple of football games a few years ago. Now, they will own Lax according to them. Of course, they won't bring up their past in Lax because, they don't believe in history.

Unless it's about the birthplace of college football

Rutgers Lax #1 in the country? When did that happen? Didnt even know they played lax. Was the success the overnight variety?

Rutgers Lax #1 in the country? When did that happen? Didnt even know they played lax. Was the success the overnight variety?
They've played Lax for a very long time.

Yes, it was overnight success in the sense that it wasn't very long ago that they weren't anything to write home about and now they're #1. For the longest time Rutgers Stadium was the northern venue for the championship and the Twerps were the southern venue..

hoops has gotten significantly better as well . they have a very good coach. i am watching their recruiting closely. we get significant players from nj.

hoops has gotten significantly better as well . they have a very good coach. i am watching their recruiting closely. we get significant players from nj.
They already have a 4 star big man recruit for 2018 who is reclassifying to 2017. They were also somehow the best offensive rebounding team in the B1G this year.

As for LAX they were preseason 19 and lost their best player to an ACL before the season started so being number 1 is very unexpected

They already have a 4 star big man recruit for 2018 who is reclassifying to 2017. They were also somehow the best offensive rebounding team in the B1G this year.

As for LAX they were preseason 19 and lost their best player to an ACL before the season started so being number 1 is very unexpected
tougher Big ten games are coming up now

T

Their resume is not as stellar as the ranking implies. If they can beat the B1G then they may deserve it. I think there are better teams with better resumes, that Rutgers will face stiffer competition from here on out and that they are not as developed as other B1G teams are, but they have their moment in the sun and it has been since 1869 since they had a moment in the sun.

you can make an argument that they lost their two best players before the start of the season which is pretty crazy considering how well they're playing. One was a pre season all american and I think the other was B1G freshman of the year.

Which of these victories did you find particularly impressive? Their weak non-conference schedule allowed them to pile up wins to make their record look the least bit respectable.

SCARLETKNIGHTS.COM - Official Athletic Site Official Athletic Site - Men's Basketball
i am not talking their victories,although for the past several seasons they would have lost some of them. They have played some of the big 10 teams tough . They have improved tremendously in their play. The coaching has been outstanding with lesser talent. They have rebounded very well and play with conviction. All of which has been missing.
They have been energized. I am concerned because of what happened to us when the football program got better we were shut out of nj recruiting. We recruit nj hoops guys and i do not want to repeat that history.----by the way as some one else mentioned,they signed a 4* center recently, and the lax program is rated 1.

From their Ro...vals board:

1) Oh well ... Better to lose today than in the B1G ... Still cool to be #1 while it lasted ... Now time to win the B1G.

2) Onto the B1G schedule. Go 5-0 and we will be #1 heading into the tournament. We still control our own destiny

3) Why can't we have nice things!!! Ahhhhhbh

4) I live in Newark De. Lots of PSU fans here in addition to UD. During the disastrous FB & BB seasons I stopped flying my flag took the magnet off my car and put my clothes away. So today back up went the flag the magnet and sweats and off I went to watch my alma mater beat my son' s. What a joke ! Will we ever be extremely successful at ANYTHING. Got to put my stuff away before my neighbors make comments. I can't. stand the humiliation any more. It just SUCKS to be. RUTGERS fan anywhere but NJ

Delusion, denial, delusion 2.0, defunct and depression: a.k.a. The five stages of Rutgers Fandom.

From their Ro...vals board:

1) Oh well ... Better to lose today than in the B1G ... Still cool to be #1 while it lasted ... Now time to win the B1G.

2) Onto the B1G schedule. Go 5-0 and we will be #1 heading into the tournament. We still control our own destiny

3) Why can't we have nice things!!! Ahhhhhbh

4) I live in Newark De. Lots of PSU fans here in addition to UD. During the disastrous FB & BB seasons I stopped flying my flag took the magnet off my car and put my clothes away. So today back up went the flag the magnet and sweats and off I went to watch my alma mater beat my son' s. What a joke ! Will we ever be extremely successful at ANYTHING. Got to put my stuff away before my neighbors make comments. I can't. stand the humiliation any more. It just SUCKS to be. RUTGERS fan anywhere but NJ

Delusion, denial, delusion 2.0, defunct and depression: a.k.a. The five stages of Rutgers Fandom.

He's selling himself short, I'm sure it sucks to be a Rutgers fan in New Jersey as well.