The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 187 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Sorry cuse huh? Except when it comes to basketball? Wow how people can be a fan of one sport and rip the other is beyond me. Enjoy getting shut out by more big ten opponents this year.

I think you may be confused. That was a Rutgers fan from their board that Brian was quoting. I don't think Brian feels that way. It got me at first also

Sorry cuse huh? Except when it comes to basketball? Wow how people can be a fan of one sport and rip the other is beyond me. Enjoy getting shut out by more big ten opponents this year.

Yep I was confused. There wasn't any quotes or a link to what was posted in Brian's post. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Rutgers fans are always good for a laugh.

Rutgers is a great program that has had 2 years of horrible teams because of a bad coaching hire. However the PROGRAM (fan base, facilities, team alumni, brand, etc) is much better than Syracuse football. Cuse played LSU last year and couldn't sell the 40k seat dome out. We were 2-9 playing #5 PSU getting ready for a beating and filled the joint. Sorrycuse

LOL!!! How much of the stadium was Penn State fans? We packed the Dome for Penn State when our team was pathetic too...because tons of Penn State fans showed up.

Rutgers probably had the single most embarrassing season that a P5 team has ever had. 4 shutouts were they were just absolutely slaughtered. Any normal person that's a Rutgers fan would have absolutely nothing to say right now. This idiot called them a "great program" and touted their "brand"? LOLOL. Am I looking at this wrong? Are Rutgers fans all just really great trolls? Or are they truly that delusional? That seems impossible.

Yep I was confused. There wasn't any quotes or a link to what was posted in Brian's post. Sorry for the confusion. :)

I figured you guys would just know it was from their board, should have put it in quotes.

LOL!!! How much of the stadium was Penn State fans? We packed the Dome for Penn State when our team was pathetic too...because tons of Penn State fans showed up.

Rutgers probably had the single most embarrassing season that a P5 team has ever had. 4 shutouts were they were just absolutely slaughtered. Any normal person that's a Rutgers fan would have absolutely nothing to say right now. This idiot called them a "great program" and touted their "brand"? LOLOL. Am I looking at this wrong? Are Rutgers fans all just really great trolls? Or are they truly that delusional? That seems impossible.
they are truly delusional,they are also the worst not knowlegable basketball fans ever.. however they have a good hoops coach now.

Rutgers is a great program that has had 2 years of horrible teams because of a bad coaching hire. However the PROGRAM (fan base, facilities, team alumni, brand, etc) is much better than Syracuse football. Cuse played LSU last year and couldn't sell the 40k seat dome out. We were 2-9 playing #5 PSU getting ready for a beating and filled the joint. Sorrycuse

Filled the joint with Ped state fans

DJ Spanky, one of their mods said this "And that's because they're desperate for things to do during the endless nights of winter when the sun doesn't even come over the horizon to warm the wasteland of their campus on the frozen tundra"

Clearly this clown has forgotten that we have a top 15 all time basketball program in addition to a P5 Football Program to watch.

His name is pretty fitting, he should go back to spankin' it. I was going to say that it was amazing how dumb they are but it's really not, they are Rutgirls fans and it kind of explains everything.

https://rutgers.forums.rival s.com/threads/syracuse-finished-at-64.118639/

Classic Rutgers smack talk after coming off a 2-10 season, god they can't lose enough.
I just read the thread. Every now and then you have to take a break from reality and co wider fantasy. That thread makes fantasy look like reality.

Anyway, good to see that the chemical cesspool that is their home hasn't affected their reasoning abilities too much. ;) It's so bad the PSU guys are actually trying to bring them back to reality.

Yeah, Penn State fans made up more than half of the total

they are truly delusional,they are also the worst not knowlegable basketball fans ever.. however they have a good hoops coach now.

They always have a great coach, Fred Hill was going to be the next John Wooden, Mike Rice was going to be the next Coach K.

The only time now coming in the future where Rutgirls will rank in the top 25 in the country will be coming from the FBI on crime stats. That is the one top 25 stat they have been ranked in consistently.

Nike dumps Rutgers after they ask for more money for historically bad athletic performance...

Rutgers agrees to big-money Adidas apparel deal

Rutgers last in sports apparel deals...

Forbes Welcome
This Forbes list is fascinating. Some numbers and teams that surprise me...

FSU: $4.20 mil - seems low.
PSU: $3.5 mil - seems low.
Wisconsin: $9.6 mil - seems high compared to other big besides OSU/Mich.

ASU $4.23 mil vs Georgia $3.8 mil? Weird.

Nike dumps Rutgers after they ask for more money for historically bad athletic performance...

Rutgers agrees to big-money Adidas apparel deal

Rutgers last in sports apparel deals...

Forbes Welcome
hold on there Tomcat - that "big-money Adidas apparel deal" they're reporting could vault them in front of Iowa State and Illinois to 63rd!

Man I love whenever this thread jumps back up to the top of the board - endless entertainment :rolling:

And you thought we had a bad Metlife deal. Rutgers is paying the Yankees $750K to come play conference foe Maryland at Yankees Stadium this year.

Rutgers is paying a ton for Maryland matchup at Yankee Stadium

Oh, and remember when they all said the new Big 10 deal will get them out of the large subsidies they put on their students? Well...seems those subsidies are headed back North, and they're having to borrow against future Big10 payouts to cover costs.

Rutgers athletics borrows against future Big Ten revenue to cover $39M shortfall

What a mess.

This Forbes list is fascinating. Some numbers and teams that surprise me...

FSU: $4.20 mil - seems low.
PSU: $3.5 mil - seems low.
Wisconsin: $9.6 mil - seems high compared to other big besides OSU/Mich.

ASU $4.23 mil vs Georgia $3.8 mil? Weird.
I think a big part of where schools list regards how recently they signed a contract and how long the contract lasts for.

If you are willing to sign up for 10 or 15 years, you are in effect getting money up front...moving up the list as of today knowing you will fall like a stone years down the road.

I think a big part of where schools list regards how recently they signed a contract and how long the contract lasts for.

If you are willing to sign up for 10 or 15 years, you are in effect getting money up front...moving up the list as of today knowing you will fall like a stone years down the road.
Thanks Tom. Any idea when Syracuse is signed through? Being a private school really makes it tougher on us fans to gather valuable info... lol