The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 298 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Love me some good old Rutgers bashing. It's like fine wine. Wonder if Mich will drop 70 on them.

Love me some good old Rutgers bashing. It's like fine wine. Wonder if Mich will drop 70 on them.

if Harbaugh feels kind and let's the waterboy play QB for the 4th quarter, they may only get to 60, might have to settle for a couple of field goals with waterboy in there, he usually struggles in the red zone

if Harbaugh feels kind and let's the waterboy play QB for the 4th quarter, they may only get to 60, might have to settle for a couple of field goals with waterboy in there, he usually struggles in the red zone
The Waterboy plays LB and a little FB, not QB, sorry man. BTW, water sucks....

They are going to be batshift crazy when we’re a part of gameday in their backyard in two weeks. I mean, it will drive both of their fans off the ledge.

Unfortunately, I don't see ESPN putting Gameday at a NBC televised game location.

Unfortunately, I don't see ESPN putting Gameday at a NBC televised game location.
Oh crap I forgot about this being a ND home NBC game. I think you just burst alot of bubbles.

Why? It's already been discussed that ESPN Gameday has done similar in the past. Plus, ESPN Gameday twitter account has already stated it's being considered along with other games.

Why? It's already been discussed that ESPN Gameday has done similar in the past. Plus, ESPN Gameday twitter account has already stated it's being considered along with other games.

I hope I am wrong, but I just don’t recall ESPN doing a non ABC /ESPN game...

Found this blurb in the Times circa 2013:
“I’m looking for the best story of the day,” Lee Fitting, the coordinating producer for ESPN’s college studio shows, said by telephone. “This week was a no-brainer. We’ve been to plenty of non-ESPN and non-ABC games in my tenure.”

So still in the mix.

Pretty sure they already did one this year
Florida-Georgia (I know they were there this year). Any Bama-Auburn game. They're all CBS games. They set up at other network's games fairly regularly. It's pretty common for Herbie to be in one locale for GameDay and then have to get on a plane to get to the game he's announcing that night at another.

Found this blurb in the Times circa 2013:
“I’m looking for the best story of the day,” Lee Fitting, the coordinating producer for ESPN’s college studio shows, said by telephone. “This week was a no-brainer. We’ve been to plenty of non-ESPN and non-ABC games in my tenure.”

So still in the mix.

And next week, a Top 5 Notre Dame and Top 12 Syracuse with so much on the line HAS to be the top story.

From MGoBlog’s Rutgers recap of last week:

Rutger (1-8, 0-6 B1G)

Last week: Lost at Wisconsin 31-17

Recap: We’ve passed the point of “damning with faint praise,” and we’ve moved firmly into “damning with utter contempt but not actual physical violence.” That said, this could have been way worse. Rutger put up 5.1 yards per play, their best outing since Week 1 against Texas State. Art Sitkowski threw for 261 yards at 6.7 yards per attempt, and had a positive TD-INT ratio for the first time in his career (1 TD to 0 INTs, BUT STILL), and has now gone two consecutive games without a pick (also a career high).

That said, this was actually way worse than it looks. S&P’s adjusted margin here was nearly 40 points. 43% of Rutger’s yards came on their last two drives, after the competitive portion of the game was already very much over. Before that, they averaged 3.9 yards per play. Defensively, the only way Rutger slowed Wisconsin was with two first half interceptions from a clearly busted Alex Hornibrook. Wisconsin rushed for 323 yards at 7.2 yards per carry (sack-adjusted), and Wisconsin was never really threatened despite a terrible day from Hornibrook.

This team is as frightening as: XXX Fear Level = XXX

Michigan should worry about: I mean, if it DID happen…

Michigan can sleep soundly about: Lest there be any concern about Michigan not being properly motivated, I’m sure they have not forgotten this happened:

4E062B25-3872-407E-8967-370E19BEE7AC.jpeg

In the 10 quarters since those players decided words were a good idea, Michigan has outscored Rutger 127-14, and has outgained it 1254 yards to 334 yards.

When they play Michigan: Michigan will likely be victorious.

Next week: vs. Michigan, 3:30 p.m., BTN (Rutger +two-thirds of a point per minute)

College Football Live tonight was debating whether Rutgers would gain over/under 40 yards total against Michigan
Meanwhile on the rutgirls board they are predicting wins and keeping the score closer.

The Waterboy plays LB and a little FB, not QB, sorry man. BTW, water sucks...

Also, Michigan doesn't play their waterboy. They might use the towelboy though.