The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread... | Page 481 | Syracusefan.com

The all-inclusive Rutgers dumpster fire thread...

Yup. He took advantage of his schedule and beat the teams that are trash, and his recruiting ranking are inflated. That's well documented.

His schedule next year is much tougher and they will not hit a bowl game next year
I think he is a pretty good recruiter. Look at classes from 13-19 before he took back over. They had some terrible classes, like 50-60’s he has already had a few top 35 and good transfer classes.

Do they only inflate for him?

My point was that they are relevant when it comes to our recruiting territory. PSU still pounds them though.

Of course Greg is involved

Unsubstantiated, but some Michigan people have brought up leaving the BigTen depending on how things play out (unrealistic, I know)
ACC. We kept Carolina, Michigan ain’t nothing

I think he is a pretty good recruiter. Look at classes from 13-19 before he took back over. They had some terrible classes, like 50-60’s he has already had a few top 35 and good transfer classes.

Do they only inflate for him?

My point was that they are relevant when it comes to our recruiting territory. PSU still pounds them though.
See Dohn, Brian.

Rivals will inflate the overall rating of an expected Rutgers commit. It's been documented numerous times and Dohn in particular has been called out for it.

Some of their higher rated kids have no P5 offers or some minor G5 offers.

They received a commit from a NY kid with no other P5 offers that Dohn then rated as the best prospect in NY.

I digress, as this is not the recruiting forum.

And we will most likely finish the season with the same record or us ending up 7-5 and the girls at 6-6.

See Dohn, Brian.

Rivals will inflate the overall rating of an expected Rutgers commit. It's been documented numerous times and Dohn in particular has been called out for it.

Some of their higher rated kids have no P5 offers or some minor G5 offers.

They received a commit from a NY kid with no other P5 offers that Dohn then rated as the best prospect in NY.

I digress, as this is not the recruiting forum.
I believe what @deletedmember8116 (Vooh) meant was that Shady's predecessors would have been inflated also, but their classes were in the 60's not the 30's as evidence that Shady is out-recruiting say, Flood.

They have a 100 post thread about Dino but they claim they dont care about us. They got smacked by Maryland at home. 3rd loss in a row against them. They lucked out by getting Northwestern and Vtech while they were trying to figure themselves out

They have a 100 post thread about Dino but they claim they dont care about us. They got smacked by Maryland at home. 3rd loss in a row against them. They lucked out by getting Northwestern and Vtech while they were trying to figure themselves out
And we have a 2,000 post thread about them and claim they are not a rival.

They lost their last four outscored on average 32-12

They caught Northwestern out of the gate with the Fitzgerald mess and VaTech (at home) before they somewhat figured out what they were doing. Then they caught Michigan State shortly after their Mel Tucker fiasco.

Hey - they won the games they needed too, but this was almost a divine season for them.

One could argue we also had a blessed schedule and we didn't take advantage of ours as well as they did theirs.

You just know we are playing them in a bowl game
I saw an article today where a Rutgers fan boy is expecting to see Rutgers against Syracuse in the Pinstripe. No understanding of the ACC bowl selection order, no knowledge that even if we were picked to go there, the team would likely vote to go somewhere else given
a) we played in the bowl last year and
b) we played there again a couple of weeks ago.

So Rutgers. Sigh.

They lost their last four outscored on average 32-12

They caught Northwestern out of the gate with the Fitzgerald mess and VaTech (at home) before they somewhat figured out what they were doing. Then they caught Michigan State shortly after their Mel Tucker fiasco.

Hey - they won the games they needed too, but this was almost a divine season for them.

One could argue we also had a blessed schedule and we didn't take advantage of ours as well as they did theirs.
That’s fair but we also lost our best offensive player and played with a 1 arm QB

Already 83 comments about Fran possibly getting hired but yeah rutgers dont think about us. I know for a fact many rutgers people wanted Fran to be the head coach there. Lmao

Even Rutgers Al approves...

Even Rutgers Al approves...

There are shitting their pants over there. They think some of their better players will transfer to SU with Fran there. lmao

I just realized that this thread is now officially over a decade old….

How did this momentous occasion go unnoticed? Seriously though, shout out to Jake for clearing the clutter of this site by creating the Butgers laugh at/gripe/give rare praise thread