" The Best College Basketball Coaches For The Money 2014" ... | Syracusefan.com

" The Best College Basketball Coaches For The Money 2014" ...

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
Who is the best college basketball coach in the country for the money? The calculations have been made and the results are somewhat surprising. When it comes to a school’s return on investment in basketball, the top three best college basketball coaches are: #1 Gonzaga University’s Mark Few, #2 Syracuse University’s Jim Boeheim and #3 San Diego State University’s Steve Fisher. Each of them are legends in their own right, and have helped their programs become mainstays of March Madness and the upper echelons of college basketball’s elite.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbe...ollege-basketball-coaches-for-the-money-2014/

Only been to the sweet sixteen four times. Never past. Never really been impressed with Mark Few. I think he's overrated even by this metric.

Only been to the sweet sixteen four times. Never past. Never really been impressed with Mark Few. I think he's overrated even by this metric.

I'll be interested to see what happens with his squad if they stay healthy this year. They have all the pieces, are experienced and pretty talented. It does seem his supposed better teams have penchant for earlier than expected exits. I've often wondered if the lower level of competition they face down the stretch holds them back a bit.

I'll be interested to see what happens with his squad if they stay healthy this year. They have all the pieces, are experienced and pretty talented. It does seem his supposed better teams have penchant for earlier than expected exits. I've often wondered if the lower level of competition they face down the stretch holds them back a bit.

He's made me look dumb on more then one occasion, most recently 2013. Though WSU turned out to be legit.

He's made me look dumb on more then one occasion, most recently 2013. Though WSU turned out to be legit.

I was pretty unimpressed with his coaching when we played them without AO in 2010. I know not one of his better teams but Sacre and Harris started out the game scoring with ease inside and getting Ricky into foul trouble. Then he pretty much watched Grey and Bolden have horrible games trying to make jumpers and penetrate the zone.

The only thing Gonzaga was known for nationally before Few was Bing Crosby.

I think he deserves credit for that...although Dan Monson did get them their second NCAA bid and took them to their only elite eight the year (1999) before Few took over. Two NCAA appearances before Few.

Few took over after the 1999 season and they haven't missed the dance since. Fifteen straight years.

Few has gotten them as far as the sweet sixteen four times in his tenure.

Gonzaga has around an 8000 student enrollment and their basketball facility seats 6k.

The only thing Gonzaga was known for nationally before Few was Bing Crosby.

I think he deserves credit for that...although Dan Monson did get them their second NCAA bid and took them to their only elite eight the year (1999) before Few took over. Two NCAA appearances before Few.

Few took over after the 1999 season and they haven't missed the dance since. Fifteen straight years.

Few has gotten them as far as the sweet sixteen four times in his tenure.

Gonzaga has around an 8000 student enrollment and their basketball facility seats 6k.

Let me add John Stockton to that list. :) Another point is that Gonzaga's student enrollment has increased greatly since the basketball program made its ascendancy. Many of their faculties are now completely subscribed.